• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

trump is an idiot bro

Shu

Friendly butt
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pear (Fruit)
Mailbox
is this allowed here is it not will it be removed idk I needa vent

this orange rlly out here acting like Charlottesville was aokay like what the heck who are you why how are you the us pres I don't I don't knowww

don't mind me in my igloo of maple syrup okay bye

Idk if it's allowed either, but I agree. But I mean, his reaction to Charlottesville shouldn't come to any surprise, he knows who his following is and since he's president now they know what they can, unfortunately, get away with.

Hoorah Canada! And our unfair treatment of aboriginals :D

it's fine, i think you should've posted this on brewsters cafe. you can talk current events ad other stuff there.

im waiting for him 2 get assassinated :)

I called him a coward on my blog today. I also said this:

If I were president, I would've sent the National Guard to Charlottesville. I would have them back off the counter-protesters while all of the other protesters, not just the driver, will be arrested.

Unfortunately, I'm too young to run for office, and I don't know enough about the Constitution either.

But he needs to quit Twitter.

Preach

- - - Post Merge - - -

But seriously, I've never seen a person in their 70s spend so much time on twitter, I'm 18 and I never get on there like wth

Age 24 here. The only major social networking site I use is Facebook, and it's only for posting random facts or uploading pictures.

My family insists that if I don't watch Fox News, then I'm letting my opinions be influenced by "extremely liberal" media that "don't give accurate depictions of Trump's presidency"-but what excuses what Trump has done as of late, if ever?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Age 24 here. The only major social networking site I use is Facebook, and it's only for posting random facts or uploading pictures.

Yeah, I have a Twitter account that I made in 2014 but I rarely use it. I did make a Facebook account actually less than a month ago but it's only for keeping contact with friends and family since I moved.

My family insists that if I don't watch Fox News, then I'm letting my opinions be influenced by "extremely liberal" media that "don't give accurate depictions of Trump's presidency"-but what excuses what Trump has done as of late, if ever?

I follow five news outlets:

- Wall Street Journal
- New York Times
- Washington Post
- Fox News
- Breitbart News

I also read TownHall, a very conservative blogging site. Somehow, Ann Coulter is a blogger there.

Idk if it's allowed either, but I agree. But I mean, his reaction to Charlottesville shouldn't come to any surprise, he knows who his following is and since he's president now they know what they can, unfortunately, get away with.

Hoorah Canada! And our unfair treatment of aboriginals :D

YUP! The idiots in my class who picked a fight with me saying Christopher Columbus came before them uM??? Were you not at any history class ever to exist? : .

- - - Post Merge - - -

it's fine, i think you should've posted this on brewsters cafe. you can talk current events ad other stuff there.

Originally I was going to post there, but this topic always gets well a bit of heat so just to be safe I posted in the basement.

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, I have a Twitter account that I made in 2014 but I rarely use it. I did make a Facebook account actually less than a month ago but it's only for keeping contact with friends and family since I moved.

and that's the tea!

nice sig btw

When exactly did he act like Charlottesville was OK? He didn't. He clearly stated he condemned violence. In my opinion what he said in the videos I've posted below is correct. It probably wasn't the time to mention violence from the Alt-left, considering someone died, he probably should have addressed that. However, never-the-less, it's true. Not to blame-shift, but it's true, everyone just seems to be quiet on (or even condone) violence when it comes from certain sides.

[video]https://nyti.ms/2vBDvsb[/video]

[video]https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000005363413/trump-delivers-statement-at-white-house.html[/video]
He mentioned "hate groups" by name while stating they are repugnant in this video.

Where exactly is he acting like it was OK? I don't support Trump by any means, but I can't see why people are kicking off about this, he clearly condemned the violence.

Last edited:
is this allowed here is it not will it be removed idk I needa vent

this orange rlly out here acting like Charlottesville was aokay like what the heck who are you why how are you the us pres I don't I don't knowww

don't mind me in my igloo of maple syrup okay bye

Quoted for monumental irony.

When exactly did he act like Charlottesville was OK? He didn't. He clearly stated he condemned violence. In my opinion what he said in the videos I've posted below is correct. It probably wasn't the time to mention violence from the Alt-left, considering someone died, he probably should have addressed that. However, never-the-less, it's true. Not to blame-shift, but it's true, everyone just seems to be quiet on (or even condone) violence when it comes from certain sides.

[video]https://nyti.ms/2vBDvsb[/video]

[video]https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000005363413/trump-delivers-statement-at-white-house.html[/video]
He mentioned "hate groups" by name while stating they are repugnant in this video.

Where exactly is he acting like it was OK? I don't support Trump by any means, but I can't see why people are kicking off about this, he clearly condemned the violence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/us/politics/trump-press-conference-charlottesville.html?mcubz=3

What bothered me in particular, is that he said there is blame on both sides. What went on Charlottesville is, at least in the opinion of me, my family and my schoolmates, an act of terrorism. Trump did not call it that. He never acknowledged it as an act of terrorism, nor does he call those involved terrorists despite the fact that is what went down. Perhaps it's because they were white, perhaps he himself didn't want to recognize it as that. However, he did say that he believes there is "blame on both sides" to which I find ridiculous. Clearly, there is a side of people who intended to cause chaos and harm to others. The other side was being targeted, it's not that both sides were very violent it's that one side started the violence and the other side became victims with one person (whose family I pray for) dead.

A 32-year-old woman was killed while walking across the street, Charlottesville Police Chief Al Thomas said. Police were still in the process of notifying her family. (taken from CNN)

“I think there is blame on both sides,” the president said in a combative exchange with reporters at Trump Tower in Manhattan. “You had a group on one side that was bad. You had a group on the other side that was also very violent. Nobody wants to say that. I’ll say it right now.” (Taken from The New York Times)

Nobody wants to say that because very few people think like that. It is clear to the rest of the world that one side created an uproar and the other was being attacked but apparently he is the only one who does not understand that.

Speaker Paul D. Ryan called white supremacy “repulsive” and said “there can be no moral ambiguity.” Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Republican of Florida, tweeted: “Blaming ‘both sides’ for #Charlottesville?! No.” Senator Marco Rubio, Republican of Florida, said white nationalists in Charlottesville were “100% to blame” and wagged his finger at the president for suggesting otherwise. (taken from The New York Times)

His own party is against him, I don't know what else to say. This is probably very messy, I got heated while typing.

Yes, he never explicitly stated Charlottesville was okay. But he hasn't exactly stated it "wasn't okay" either, if anything he doesn't seem to understand what went down, nor does he actually understand the impact of the event and what it says about the country's current state. I have watched the videos, read the interviews of him addressing it. But to me, it appears he doesn't comprehend that some of the things he stated were disrespectful and ignorant to those hurt, especially considering there is now a family in mourning.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Quoted for monumental irony.

youuu betcha

Last edited:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/us/politics/trump-press-conference-charlottesville.html?mcubz=3

What bothered me in particular, is that he said there is blame on both sides. What went on Charlottesville is, at least in the opinion of me, my family and my schoolmates, an act of terrorism. Trump did not call it that. He never acknowledged it as an act of terrorism, nor does he call those involved terrorists despite the fact that is what went down. Perhaps it's because they were white, perhaps he himself didn't want to recognize it as that. However, he did say that he believes there is "blame on both sides" to which I find ridiculous. Clearly, there is a side of people who intended to cause chaos and harm to others. The other side was being targeted, it's not that both sides were very violent it's that one side started the violence and the other side became victims with one person (whose family I pray for) dead.

A 32-year-old woman was killed while walking across the street, Charlottesville Police Chief Al Thomas said. Police were still in the process of notifying her family. (taken from CNN)

“I think there is blame on both sides,” the president said in a combative exchange with reporters at Trump Tower in Manhattan. “You had a group on one side that was bad. You had a group on the other side that was also very violent. Nobody wants to say that. I’ll say it right now.” (Taken from The New York Times)

Nobody wants to say that because very few people think like that. It is clear to the rest of the world that one side created an uproar and the other was being attacked but apparently he is the only one who does not understand that.

Speaker Paul D. Ryan called white supremacy “repulsive” and said “there can be no moral ambiguity.” Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Republican of Florida, tweeted: “Blaming ‘both sides’ for #Charlottesville?! No.” Senator Marco Rubio, Republican of Florida, said white nationalists in Charlottesville were “100% to blame” and wagged his finger at the president for suggesting otherwise. (taken from The New York Times)

His own party is against him, I don't know what else to say. This is probably very messy, I got heated while typing.

Yes, he never explicitly stated Charlottesville was okay. But he hasn't exactly stated it "wasn't okay" either, if anything he doesn't seem to understand what went down, nor does he actually understand the impact of the event and what it says about the country's current state. I have watched the videos, read the interviews of him addressing it. But to me, it appears he doesn't comprehend that some of the things he stated were disrespectful and ignorant to those hurt, especially considering there is now a family in mourning.

Yes, he never explicitly stated Charlottesville was okay. But he hasn't exactly stated it "wasn't okay" either

(In response to the last part I quoted) He did, he stated that he condemned the violence, to me that is clearly stating that it isn't okay.

You state one side "intended to cause chaos and harm to others", I agree that that was the intention of the white supremacists and Nazi's attending the protest, but not the other regular right-wing civilians that were there, non-violently, simply standing up for something they believe in, simply expressing their right to protest. Of whom are now being publicly outed as "Nazis", doxxed, and fired from their jobs, even though they are not Nazi's. I think a lot of people (from both sides) got tied up in this, and involved in this, and unfortunately a young woman lost her life. I feel for her family, and the other victims, so much at this time. .

I agree, the incident that left one woman dead was an act of terrorism, and it completely enrages me. It completely disgusts me that Nazis and white supremacists exist and act that way, especially today, I find it utterly deplorable.

In the bigger picture "uproar" has been going on in America for a very long time, and I am surprised it has been allowed to go this far, people are loosing their lives. It's something that really needs to be sorted out, I too think that Trump is overwhelmed and he doesn't know how to address and deal with it himself, which is why I personally didn't think he would make the best president. It's out of his control at this point, I'm not sure how it cold have been done, but it should have been controlled a long time ago. I think the blame needs to go t other places than Trump however, which is why I posted my original reply to this.

Last edited:
(In response to the last part I quoted) He did, he stated that he condemned the violence, to me that is clearly stating that it isn't okay.

You state one side "intended to cause chaos and harm to others", I agree that that was the intention of the white supremacists and Nazi's attending the protest, but not the other regular right-wing civilians that were there, non-violently, simply standing up for something they believe in, simply expressing their right to protest. Of whom are now being publicly outed as "Nazis", doxxed, and fired from their jobs, even though they are not Nazi's. I think a lot of people (from both sides) got tied up in this, and involved in this, and unfortunately a young woman lost her life, I feel for her family so much at this time, her murder was a disgusting act of terrorism.

I agree, the incident that left one woman dead was an act of terrorism, and it completely enrages me. It completely disgusts me that Nazis and white supremacists exist and act that way, especially today, I find it utterly deplorable.

In the bigger picture "uproar" has been going on in America for a very long time, and I am surprised it has been allowed to go this far, people are loosing their lives. It's something that really needs to be sorted out, I too think that Trump is overwhelmed and he doesn't know how to address and deal with it himself, which is why I personally didn't think he would make the best president. It's out of his control at this point, I'm not sure how it cold have been done, but it should have been controlled a long time ago. I think the blame needs to go t other places than Trump however, which is why I posted my original reply to this.

I see your point of view clearer now and understand what you're saying. I do agree, much of what is going on in unbelievable in the sense that it has gone this far. I think that this is not something that happened suddenly but something that was building up for a long time overtime, and has eventually come to bubble at the surface at its prime right now. I do not live in the America, but I am a bit scared for my family there as they are a group who is commonly discriminated against in the states and has received treatment similar to what is going on (violence, hate remarks based on appearance/religion etc). I too cannot believe everything has reached this point and it is so so scary for all those involved right now. I'm praying for the safety of civilians in America who are getting caught up in this mess.

Addressing this,

I do understand in your perspective this is okay. For me, the reason I am upset is because he did not address it as terrorism. It is clearly terrorism, but he won't say it. Many others have said it and he (who is surprisingly active on social media) sees them saying it, so I do feel upset that he himself (as the president) will not say it.

im waiting for him 2 get assassinated :)

I think someone should kidnap and torture him instead of killing him, it's a better punishment.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't think this country can last much longer, I won't be surprised if there's a second civil war soon.

Back