• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Movies that make you cry

Shu

Friendly butt
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pear (Fruit)
Mailbox
My list is ridiculous. Just yesterday I watched Juno with my aunt and by the end my eyes were bright red. ;.;

Old Yeller :(

ah jk, i don't think i've ever seen that one.

somebody makes this thread every few months, i'd still say Riding alone for Thousands of Miles is the biggest movie cry i've had...

the emoji movie was just so emojional i cried in the theater
i'm actually really good at bottling things up and not crying so i don't think i've ever actually cried at a movie surprisingly

Last edited:
Ive never cried during a movie I will just get very upset. The only movie that almost made me cry was Rogue One

The Notebook always makes me cry ;_;

Some Disney movies also make me cry sometimes like The Lion King and the Fox and the Hound.

The first Land Before Time movie is sad too when Littlefoot's mom dies.

all i can think of right now is mulan and lilo and stitch

i cried so much when rewatching them a few months ago
while my brother was like uh ok y u crying LOL

i guess im just really emotional

Hello Ghost is my favorite movie, and its a korean drama movie thing and i dont usually watch those but this was so great.

Does deal with suicide though so you shouldnt watch it if youre sensitive to that stuff.

"Sang-man starts seeing four ghosts after a failed suicide attempt and, by carrying out their wishes, he rediscovers the pleasures of life."

So the movie started off with this guy taking a bunch of pills and overdosing, but he failed to die. He wakes up in the hospital and sees 4 ghosts. A child, a young woman, a slightly old man, and a grandpa looking dude. Hes the only one who can see them. He tries to get them to go away but a psychic says they will only go away once he fulfills their wishes.

There's also this young woman the protagonist is attracted to because she's so kind despite the fact he feels like a failure. She works at a hospital. He gets out after a day and returns to his normal life.

The little boy demands he gets taken to a festival and makes the protagionist win these big ass prizes. Like a 30 foot fish snack. The little boy takes over his body for a while to eat it. The woman the protagionist likes, (lets call her crush) sees this and laughs because she was taking care of an alive sick boy. The two team up and try to give the boys the best time of their life.

The young woman simply wants to cook, but she also cries a lot whenever things go wrong. She cries when picking out the ingridents and will take over the protags body and start crying randomly. Finally, once he gets home, they're able to cook. She's happy with simply teaching him a homemade recipe she once knew.

The middle aged man wants to drive a cool expensive car, but the protag is poor and doesnt have money or a job, so they go steal a car and drive it into the darkness. It scares the protag bc he never learned how to drive, but it was fun.

Then the grandpa guy is just a pervert who uses the guys body to look at hot women, but his real wish is to take everyone swimming and teach the protag how to swim. So he does.

After finishing, the ghosts still do not leave. The protag is irritated after his crush is invited over, but the ghosts make it hard for him to focus on her and messes up his chance. He starts screaming at them once his crush is gone to leave and that he's sick of them.

They disappear.

After a bit, the protag remembers his life and why his life was so miserable. His family died in a car crash while he was a baby. He was never told why he was alone and hated by his extended family and began to hate and resent himself, thinking his real family abandoned him on choice.

The young boy was his older brother who always wanted to take his little brother to the festival and how to play games and have fun.

The young woman was his mother who wanted to teach him how to cook and pass down her family recipe.

The middle aged man was his father who wanted to teach his son how to drive, and to give him a rich cool car.

The old man was the grandpa who wanted to teach his grandson the joys of life.

All their wishes was for him, not themselves. He cries remembering this. They had always been watching over him, but once he had taken the drastic suicide attempt and almost died, they decided to intervene and show him that people do care about him, and to show him that life was worth living, even if he was alone.

He cries out for them to return, and they do, and they say their goodbyes. He's sorry for how he treated them but they say they will always watch over him.

Bonus, he gets married to his crush and they have a kid and the protag passes down everything he learned from his dead family to his son.

The Fox and the Hound. I have never cried that hard at a movie. Ever.

I also find Marley and me, PS I love you, and Deep Water Horizon made me tear up

The Fox and the Hound. I have never cried that hard at a movie. Ever.

I also find Marley and me, PS I love you, and Deep Water Horizon made me tear up

Marley and Me made me cry buckets I was watching with my mom and she was like "you shouldn't watch movies." lololol

- - - Post Merge - - -

all i can think of right now is mulan and lilo and stitch

i cried so much when rewatching them a few months ago
while my brother was like uh ok y u crying LOL

i guess im just really emotional

DISNEY ALWAYS MAKES ME EMOTIONAL YOU'RE NOT ALONE TRUST

- - - Post Merge - - -

The Notebook always makes me cry ;_;

Some Disney movies also make me cry sometimes like The Lion King and the Fox and the Hound.

The first Land Before Time movie is sad too when Littlefoot's mom dies.

The Land Before Time is the only dinosaur related thing I have ever been interested in and it is so beautiful.

- - - Post Merge - - -

the emoji movie was just so emojional i cried in the theater
i'm actually really good at bottling things up and not crying so i don't think i've ever actually cried at a movie surprisingly

I'm the opposite, I think. I bottle everything up, but I'll cry at ridiculous things like a movie, or a book, to let it out. But never for anything important. Like I'll hold it in but won't let it out unless I can blame it on something seemingly insignificant.

Hotaru no Haka. I'd never want to watch it again and I never did since then.

Same, I have the DVD at home but just watched it once. Probably the saddest I've even seen.

Another: Dancer in the Dark

and maybe Dead Poets Society

Same, I have the DVD at home but just watched it once. Probably the saddest I've even seen.

Another: Dancer in the Dark

and maybe Dead Poets Society

Dead Poets Society always made me extremely emotional, but now every Robin Williams film makes me bawl.

Any animal movie. Like I am such a huge baby. And if I am PMS'ing pretty much any sappy movie will get me bawling. Or any show where people are getting married or having babies.

Breaking the waves, your name... probably the two that moved me the most.

Chronicle and Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Pt 2.

Farobi's death
Its underrated movie

The last movie that made me cry was Spotlight, I literally sobbed at the end of the movie. It's just so upsetting... ;_;

Back