• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Movies that make you cry

I can't believe no one has said it yet, but C'mon guys POKEMON THE FIRST MOVIE. There is not a single person who has not cried during that movie. It's sad and really hits you in the feels.

made me cry at the end because I was really stressed at the time and the first song that played when the credits started (The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd) combined with the last scene in the movie hit me in a soft spot.

I cried in the movie Ted when he was ripped in two. He's a teddy bear and a CGI character. There's no reason that should've made me cry.

when Cedric Diggory died in the maze thingy.

when Spongebob and Patrick died under the desk lamp at the Shell City Gift Shop while singing the Goofy Goober Theme Song.

at the end where...nevermind I don't believe in spoilers.

And Titanic.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That took an obnoxious amount of time to do.

Metropolis (2001) is the latest film that has made me cry.

Won't spoil it for anyone, but that ending is aboslutely breathtaking and had me in tears from the very beginning.

I can't believe no one has said it yet, but C'mon guys POKEMON THE FIRST MOVIE. There is not a single person who has not cried during that movie. It's sad and really hits you in the feels.

made me cry at the end because I was really stressed at the time and the first song that played when the credits started (The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd) combined with the last scene in the movie hit me in a soft spot.

I cried in the movie Ted when he was ripped in two. He's a teddy bear and a CGI character. There's no reason that should've made me cry.

when Cedric Diggory died in the maze thingy.

when Spongebob and Patrick died under the desk lamp at the Shell City Gift Shop while singing the Goofy Goober Theme Song.

at the end where...nevermind I don't believe in spoilers.

And Titanic.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That took an obnoxious amount of time to do.

pokemon, spongebob and harry potter all hit me hard too man dw you ain't alone T.T

Last edited:
I remember watching The Boy in the Striped Pajamas when I was 8 or 9 one summer when I was alone at home. I was a picky kid and always refused to watch anything even remotely related to history.
The movie was good from the start and quickly caught my interest. It had me bawling by the end.

Another really good/sad one you can currently find on Netflix is Okja. It's a fictional movie about animal cruelty and what goes on behind the scenes of the meat industry. That one was a tear jerker for sure. Cool graphics too

I remember watching The Boy in the Striped Pajamas when I was 8 or 9 one summer when I was alone at home. I was a picky kid and always refused to watch anything even remotely related to history.
The movie was good from the start and quickly caught my interest. It had me bawling by the end.

Another really good/sad one you can currently find on Netflix is Okja. It's a fictional movie about animal cruelty and what goes on behind the scenes of the meat industry. That one was a tear jerker for sure. Cool graphics too

In middle school The Boy in the Striped Pajamas was our media study unit and everyone cried, except the teacher lol.

Hachi A Dog's Tale, I can't watch even the beginning now as I'm bawling like a baby as I know what happens in the end

Pokemon: The First Movie had me bawling the first time I watched it. Also Bambi and The Land Before Time.

Other movies that me cry were Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey, Marley & Me, X-Men (I thought Rogue was gonna die), and Seven Pounds. Seven Pounds is probably the heaviest and I don't recommend it to anyone who has trouble with suicide because it does deal with that.

Oddly enough, a horror movie was the most recent movie to get tears from me: Hereditary. No spoilers, but there's some seriously powerful acting in this movie.

shawshank redemption made me cry like a baby, and les mis had me crying the first couple times i watched it

Oddly enough, I didn’t cry during Pokemon the first movie when I watched it years ago when I was younger. It was sad, but nothing that made me want to cry.

Anyway, the only movie that has ever made me cry and will ever make me cry is The Pursuit of Happiness. It’s a really sad and accurate film about the homeless in America. A must watch for sure if you haven’t seen it already.

A Silent Voice made me cry, recently.

But I don't watch sad movies so I don't cry often heh.
I remember crying when I watched Frozen at the cinema... yes you heard it right, Frozen. When Anna was... well, frozen, it made me cry. I was not even that young.

I shed maybe two tears in Mary Poppins Returns during the scene where the kids were singing to their dad. Other than that, I have never cried during a movie.

A couple korean movies have made me bawl ugly tears every time I watch them:
the way home (집으로), 200 pounds beauty (미녀는 괴로워), Taegukgi (태극기 휘날리며), and Ode to My Father (국제시장)

There's a couple international movies too that made me cry like Click ahaha. Oh and the Lion King. But yeah idk Korean movies hit hard for me especially if it involves old people because I think of my grandma :'(

I never seem to cry reading or watching anything. The last film to make me cry was Coco which I think is pretty pathetic on my part, since I've sat through *much* more depressing things without batting an eye, but hey, can't do anything about it. You'd think I cried because of mama Coco, since I live with my grandma with Alzheimer's disease, but I was much more upset with Hector dying. Heh.
I think the last time I cried in a movie, before Coco, was with that Studio Ghibli film the Legend of the Princess Kaguya. Anyone here seen it?

I know they're not movies, but every sad/depressing anime I've ever watched.

There's so many, I get emotionally invested in everything :( Me and my gf will be watching kid movies and bawling over the smallest inconveniences that fall on the family, like even that meme movie The Good Dinosaur made us cry. xD

Easy one that'll make others cry is definitely Hachi: A Dog's Tale. There's two obvious parts in the movie that will get anyone, but I even cried in the very beginning when he got adopted. lol Fantastic movie, I will never watch it again.

i don't really cry during movies or tv shows but kubo and the two strings did something to me

the emoji movie was just so emojional i cried in the theater
i'm actually really good at bottling things up and not crying so i don't think i've ever actually cried at a movie surprisingly

I cried during that movie because of how bad it was.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also cried during the Bee Movie, which was because it ended.

Back