• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

SHould I TT? (Read before answering!)

Should I Time Travel?

• Yes, if you think that is best.

Votes: 33 78.6%
  • No way, that's cheating!

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Allure

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
So, I know many consider time travelling to be cheating and such, but please, hear me out. So, as some of you know, I reset towns. A lot. And the beginning is really slow, plus my availability to play is limited. So I'm wondering if I should TT until I unlock the island and PWP's. And mayybee after, IDK... I mean, I'd finish everything I possibly could each day before TTing, so... IDK. I posted on here for opinions. So "Opinionate" away!

I put no, not because I think it's cheating but for me (I don't know about you), when I start time traveling, its hard to stop and it ends up becoming an annoying habit. I also get a lot more impatient when I time travel. Maybe you should time travel for a week then go back to normal time? So that way you can get your ratings, pay off a few mortgages and unlock the island.

I put no, not because I think it's cheating but for me (I don't know about you), when I start time traveling, its hard to stop and it ends up becoming an annoying habit. I also get a lot more impatient when I time travel. Maybe you should time travel for a week then go back to normal time? So that way you can get your ratings, pay off a few mortgages and unlock the island.

yes same! ever since i started time travelling, i've found that i've become a lot more impatient lol. especially with trees and bushes growing, i just want them to grow immediately!

if you reset towns a lot, i can see how it's tiring to have to go through the beginning over and over again and unlocking all those shops and such! so, i guess, why not. if you want to, go for it (and it'll help your town develop faster, which is good if that's your goal!) i think that sometimes time travelling though can take away from the whole "life simulation" idea in animal crossing, and sometimes the time put in can create a better experience/memory? idk if that makes sense.
but whatever you do, do what you want. your town so play however you'd like lol

Ah, now that you mention it, that is exactly ewhat happens to me...hmm...

I voted yes, because it does say "if you think it's best" lol. And that's really what matters in the end. I've been TT a lot the past few weeks, because I know it's summer and work starts in the fall, so I'll only have time for dailies then.

Pros: you get things done faster! For me the biggest pro is getting rid of that "ugh, hideousness anxiety" I get when I have to wait. It diminishes some of the impatience.

Cons: you might find (if you TT constantly) that you get things too quickly. I now have a "stable" house and enough money to upgrade whatever the heck I want. This might not be a con though, if you're constantly creative/changing your town. Another con is that you might find that you have TOO much to do. I mean, you can basically do as many days as you want, all full of checking shops, TTing villagers, getting pings for PWPs, landscaping, etc. Burnout can occur!

So it seems there's more cons than pros. But I still say go for it if it's the best for you, just space things out a bit. It is 100% worth it for me, since I am almost at a stage where I can do dailies while slowly developing my town and houses!

There's no third option. I'd vote for 'You're going to burn yourself out' because you will. You'll just keep TTing to get everything and be really impatient about the whole rush. It's just more stress then it's worth, if you ask me. I kind of like letting time flow on its own. I get to chill and not care about needing all of the requirements done immediately.

I voted yes, because it does say "if you think it's best" lol. And that's really what matters in the end. I've been TT a lot the past few weeks, because I know it's summer and work starts in the fall, so I'll only have time for dailies then.

Pros: you get things done faster! For me the biggest pro is getting rid of that "ugh, hideousness anxiety" I get when I have to wait. It diminishes some of the impatience.

Cons: you might find (if you TT constantly) that you get things too quickly. I now have a "stable" house and enough money to upgrade whatever the heck I want. This might not be a con though, if you're constantly creative/changing your town. Another con is that you might find that you have TOO much to do. I mean, you can basically do as many days as you want, all full of checking shops, TTing villagers, getting pings for PWPs, landscaping, etc. Burnout can occur!

So it seems there's more cons than pros. But I still say go for it if it's the best for you, just space things out a bit. It is 100% worth it for me, since I am almost at a stage where I can do dailies while slowly developing my town and houses!

I sold my town for 14 million, so... I have a lot of bells XD

I have two towns. One where I never ever TT and one where I TT everyday. It just feels like two different playing styles I guess. I am really enjoying TTing in my new town and going through the process of unlocking stuff (that I've already unlocked in my other town) quickly. I find both styles fun and one not really better than the other, just different. :)

I definitely don't consider time travelling to be cheating - it's an in-game function, easily accessible through the main menu. Basically like asking if creating a new character to carry paths is cheating, in my opinion.

I've done my time both as a time traveller and as a non-time traveller. I can honestly say I enjoy my game time more when I'm not time travelling. Like you, my game time is limited to about 1-2 hours a day, which sounds like a lot still, but it's way less than I used to play! Not time travelling gives you your full play time to do all your daily tasks, plus participate in town initiatives, interact with your villagers and your town. When you time travel a lot, it's easy to fall into the pattern of just collecting the fossils, getting the money rock and ore, checking the shops and then moving on.

I know it can be really boring at the start (I've just reset my two-year town, so trust me, I know!) but if you're resetting a lot, maybe part of the reason is because of the time travelling?

I voted yes, because I was a serial time traveller (I'm super impatient!) so I definitely see the appeal, but try not time travelling. The first few weeks are super hard, but after that, you'll find tons of stuff to do, and you may find yourself enjoying your town more than you thought. Just stick with it!

I really don't see what the point is of playing this game if you're just gonna try to accomplish everything ASAP. I mean, isn't the whole idea to dedicate time to building a beautiful town from scratch? Isn't that why so many people put years into playing this game?

I have 2 towns and keep one in correct time and one I TT in, or used to anyways but I found myself slowing down on the TTing as island, shops and PWPS unlocked. When I got my new town I didn't want to rush it as much, not only to avoid burnout but I also wanted to think out my placement on PWPS better since in my old game I really just plopped em where ever and regret it now.

I vote yes until you get to where to you want and then change it back to the current date irl whenever you get there. I don't TT anymore because it was ruining the game for me, BUT i do change the time of day sometimes to sell stuff to empty my pockets but that's it.

I voted no. I don't agree that time traveling is cheating, but I do feel that it can ruin the game.

The whole point of Animal Crossing is that it takes place in real time. You're supposed to wait a day for a PWP to be built, you're supposed to wait a few days for a tree to grow.

I have 2 towns and keep one in correct time and one I TT in, or used to anyways but I found myself slowing down on the TTing as island, shops and PWPS unlocked. When I got my new town I didn't want to rush it as much, not only to avoid burnout but I also wanted to think out my placement on PWPS better since in my old game I really just plopped em where ever and regret it now.
Some wise advice there & I agree with it. Take it slowly and enjoy the game - if you take things as they happen, you become emotionally involved in your town and what you can do with it. You are less likely to reset.

As to the word cheating, shrug, I don't see TT that way at all. Play the game as you want to play, and enjoy playing.

I TT and I enjoy my game just fine. I also have years put into this game (5 to be exact) so TTing certainly did not affect that.

Play your game how you want to. You want to TT, do it. You don't, don't. Enjoyment in this game is subjective. Everyone is different and how you get what you want out of your game may be entirely different to how I do..and that's okay. The only way you'll know what you want to do is by trying it and making the decision that fits best for you.

Last edited:
I put no, but I don't think Time Travelling is cheating necessarily and I don't mind anyone who does it, but personally I would take it as it comes.
If you are really busy, then do, but I am sure you'd be aware of the things that it causes and the HIGH risk of villagers moving out.
On my old second save I Time Travelled around a week in the future each time, The First time I did it, one of my dreamies had moved out and I didn't have their Amiibo card.
This was really frustrating as I had to wait for the 16 villager cycle and actually never ended up getting her again in my campsite or my town.

If you are going to time travel, do it at your own risk, It is an in-game function so It's not cheating, but It really depends what your goal is for that save. If you want to have a 'decorative' town, I honestly don't see any problem with it at all.
If your goal is to get bells or accomplish everything, It's really up too you.

Hope this helps :) x

I don't see TTing as cheating as that seems to be a valid game mechanic. "Time Traveller" wouldn't be a thing villagers say about you if it wasn't - seems like the devs were completely aware of this mechanic and if they didn't do anything to prevent it, I don't see how it could be classified as cheating. (I know turnips rot, but once again, they refer to it as time travelling, a legitimate game mechanic)

Tbh I don't see the big deal in TT. They basically allowed us to do it as a feature of the gave, why not make use of a super useful feature? :p

Back