• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Dumb fears you have

I'm scared of balls, too. If someone kicks one, even far from me, I get scared. Especially because the kicking sound startles me. If a ball comes flying to me, even worse....

I'm absolutely petrified of spiders, they give me THE WORST panic attacks.

I honestly think it's a dumb fear because I have no rational reason to explain why I'm so scared.

Going underwater. Not swimming, but actually going under past the neck? Not happening. Unfortunately I have swim class this year....so I have to force myself to get used to it.
Also the tarantulas in this game scare me so much.

Escalators kind of freak me out too. Like the part at the top and bottom where it comes out. Everytime I go on an escalator, I always feel panicked at the end and I quickly step off because I'm worried it will hurt me if I don't get off fast enough.

I once sat down on an escalator moving down and I wanted to see what it would do if I didn't get off at the end and it pinched me and it hurt.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have phobias of the dark, ghosts, and shadow figures. I sleep with the lights on most nights and like to hide under blankets because it helps with the feeling of being watched that I sometimes get. Ironically, I love horror movies and actually enjoy being scared to a certain degree. Just not by ghosts.

Me too, during the day I act like ghosts are definatly not real but at night I act like but what if they are real.

I'm scared of the plug holes in the shower. I always worry that something I would rather not have exist comes crawling up it to drag me down while I'm in the shower.

When the shower curtain is closed I feel like someone is hiding behind it waiting to kill me.

I'm afraid to feed someone's pet because they live in a house that is believed to be possessed by demon pandas.

I'm afraid of the possibility of one day having to give a presentation in front of a large group of people while wearing nothing but my underwear.

i dont like loud noises but the ones i hate the most come from balloons and fire alarms. my fear of balloons used to be quite crippling growing up so my experiences at birthday parties were not so great..... they still make me feel uneasy to be around especially if someone is playing with one but i deal with it a lot better now. i still tend to panic when im told that a fire drill is coming up though.

every year in primary school we would see a pantomime and there would be lots of bangs and explosions so i would spend almost the entirety of my time dreading when the next one will come. i dont like the noise when planes fly above our house either because it always sounds like its going to crash into us lol

Whenever I can hear a plane flying by really loudly I'm always slightly concerned it could crash into the house. I know the chances of that are slim to none but it still pops up in my head whenever I hear it. I blame watching Ghost Whisperer as a child and those couple episodes where a plane crashed into the town lol.

I'm also kind of afraid of sinking into snow hills??? This one sounds so silly every time I say it lol. But I'll have dreams where I'll be climbing up a snowy hill and just start sinking. Whenever I see videos of dogs or cats running out into fresh snow and disappearing for a second I'm always like oh no it's happening!! 😭

Reactions: Neb
That theres someone stalking me on an animal crossing forum

Last edited:
I always have to check the back seat of my car before I start driving because I'm afraid someone might be back there waiting to stab me or something. Also windows at night, technology glitching and something weird popping up on the screen, and being framed for murder.

I'm actually quite terrified of wet bandaids, or just bandaids in general, and I will get very anxious and start to panic if I see one at a waterpark. I'm also really scared of getting or knowing someone with dementia, and my grandpa has it and it's a living nightmare. It's heartbreaking and sad to see him and I hope he passes before things get too bad. :C

Reactions: Neb
My heart races everytime the phone rings. I have a fear of talking to people on the phone and the ring alone is enough to send me into a panic attack.

I get very nervous about talking to people in general, but I have to spend time mentally preparing what I'm going to say before I speak to anybody on the phone. I think the fact that I can't read their face or body language makes me even more afraid that I'll say the wrong thing and not even realize it.

a fear that creeps up on me sometimes when my aunt and i are out on our weekly car rides and theres nothing but sky as far as u can see is, what if one day gravity just ceases to exist and we all fall up into the sky/space. i have no idea why my brain does this but whenever i'm faced with a bright clear blue sky w/o trees or buildings on the horizon this is the first thing it does, instead of something normal like "oh thats pretty". i guess its some kind of weird primal/visceral reaction to the planet, its just odd that it only happens when, say, i look out the passenger side window and theres nothing but sky, steel and concrete. very spooky!

The fear of dying at the exact, current moment. Like I suddenly worry I may die and my anxiety spikes

I have anxiety so I have a lot of dumb fears haha. I used to be afraid of the deep end of the pool, despite being an excellent swimmer because of this one Goosebumps or Are You Afraid of the Dark episode where there was a monster in the deep end. I was in a swimming club in elementary and we used to stay until it got dark and the pool wasn't lit and the lighting was poor at night so it look look dark. I'm also afraid of deep waters? I'm not afraid of swimming in the ocean or lakes and I'd even be fine with scuba diving, just certain pictures of deep waters. Not when the camera is already deep, like the opening of Titanic is fine but the scene in Fantasia 2000 where the baby whale swims underwater and sees a bunch of whales coming from below IS NOT.

Back