• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Dumb fears you have

I'm afraid of exposing myself too much online. It's hard for me because I'm an artist, and my anxieties keep me from posting my work on sites like this one, despite how much I would benefit from it as an artist. It really deprives me of potential happiness and/or success.

I'm afraid of this too. I never used to be like this until all of a sudden. I abandoned all of my social media, and except for a few sites I don't post or interact online. And if I do post something, I usually delete it really quickly because I'm afraid to put myself out there for fear of somehow getting in trouble. I feel like something bad will happen if I post too much but I don't know why.

Scared of the dark, scared of throwing up, scared of certain tasting toothpaste, scared of needles
I used to be deathly afraid of tornadoes as a kid too

might just be my disorder talking, but i'm really scared of opening myself up to people. abandonment is my biggest fear, but i don't know if that counts as "dumb". if we're talking silly things, cockroaches and general dead insects

like putting ur foot out the blanket

like ur blanket is some type of fortress that protects u from anything

Like everything? Because of my anxiety my whole life is full of exaggerated fears. In cars I am always sure my head is going to get cut off by my seat belt. I always feel carrying a knife that I'll drop it and sever something, or trip and fall onto it. I have so many fears it's pretty bad, I always imagine the worst happening on any situation.

The stairs... I remember back in 2012 i fell down the stairs and went to the emergency room and spent hours in the X-ray room. Luckily i had no fractures. In the end i ended up with a headache and back pain but nothin' too serious. :)

I'm afraid of this too. I never used to be like this until all of a sudden. I abandoned all of my social media, and except for a few sites I don't post or interact online. And if I do post something, I usually delete it really quickly because I'm afraid to put myself out there for fear of somehow getting in trouble. I feel like something bad will happen if I post too much but I don't know why.

Yeah, pretty much this. Rather than trouble, though, it's more like you're trying to protect your reputation in some way, even though, in reality, you know that that's silly, and nobody really cares about such insignificant things.

I've had 100s of upvotes and stuff on Reddit, and deleted it at all a mere week later due to insecurities like that. There's no way out of it for me, so I sure hope I can prove to myself I can do without it.

pelicans... please don't judge me.

Pelicans are pretty terrifying. They're basically pterodactyls and unnerve me to no end with their weird human eyes and weird af mouth throat flap things...

I'm scared of escalators, too. Idk why but they terrify me and I will not get on one.

Apparently people think it's dumb to be afraid of bugs/small spiders and thunder but well their fault :^)

Living in a two-storey house
Mirrors (because they're a look into an alternate dimension and because of paranormal rumours).
Dolls
Clowns.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have a fear of puking. I don't know why. Its a natural thing the human body does.

I used to puke constantly, so I should be used to it, but I'm still not. I'm the same -- I have a fear of puking, too.

I have a strange fear of man-made things that move on their own, like robots. Even in movies and video games they make me feel really uncomfortable and scared (like that Spongebob game Battle for Bikini Bottom, it's full of robots and the fact that I rly like that game doesn't help at all).

I'm scared of the air vent above my head when I'm sleeping. I swear I saw a face in there.

Back