• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Dumb fears you have

Twisterheart

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
We've all been scared of silly things when we were little, but what are some dumb fears you have now?

I'm scared of my washing machine/dryer. They're older, and they make a lot of weird noises. I always worry they'll break down and catch on fire.

oh gosh there are a bunch, but only one i can name right now is i'm scared that one day while i'm walking, i'll trip and fall onto my face and knock out all my teeth. i always watch the ground and get scared when i run because of this haha

Escalators. I'm so scared for some reason. Also, stairs.

Escalators kind of freak me out too. Like the part at the top and bottom where it comes out. Everytime I go on an escalator, I always feel panicked at the end and I quickly step off because I'm worried it will hurt me if I don't get off fast enough.

Scare of lightning: When I was a kid probably 8 or 9 I really did saw with my own eyes the lightning strike into my house kitchen ground. It didn't leave any burn or scratch on the tiles but it just right in front of me! So until today, I am afraid of the same thing gonna happen if I left my window open when its raining lol.

I have phobias of the dark, ghosts, and shadow figures. I sleep with the lights on most nights and like to hide under blankets because it helps with the feeling of being watched that I sometimes get. Ironically, I love horror movies and actually enjoy being scared to a certain degree. Just not by ghosts.

Now I just really dislike them, but I used to be terrified of sloths. They're just so creepy, I hate them! >.>

I have this undying fear I'll fall into my oven when I'm trying to take out a casserole.

Then for awhile I hated sitting in dental chairs when they began to recline back. That stemmed back from those X-ray generators machines. I'm okay now though.

im scared of those coffee mugs where the color will change or an image will appear when you pour liquid into it. im afraid the paint will chip off while im drinking and i will injest it all and die.

this reminds me of a comic series called deep dark fears.

personally uhh i recently got a piercing and i psyched myself out by running into a lot of piercing horror stories so i'm paranoid it won't heal properly and i'll have to go to the er or something lol.

Escalators kind of freak me out too. Like the part at the top and bottom where it comes out. Everytime I go on an escalator, I always feel panicked at the end and I quickly step off because I'm worried it will hurt me if I don't get off fast enough.

Exactly! I'm too scared to step on because I'm worried I'll be too slow and fall/slip :(

Oh and I also afraid to close the shower curtain whenever I took shower in the hotel cause I am afraid of ghost appearing behind the curtain when I open it!

I have phobias of the dark, ghosts, and shadow figures. I sleep with the lights on most nights and like to hide under blankets because it helps with the feeling of being watched that I sometimes get. Ironically, I love horror movies and actually enjoy being scared to a certain degree. Just not by ghosts.

same :( I never used to be afraid of this until recently, and now I have to sleep with the lights on

I'm afraid of exposing myself too much online. It's hard for me because I'm an artist, and my anxieties keep me from posting my work on sites like this one, despite how much I would benefit from it as an artist. It really deprives me of potential happiness and/or success.

I relate to this one so much. I hate sleeping in pitch black and can't do it. I always have my light dimmed and I hide under blankets as well because I also have a big fear of being watched. I hate it.

Oh and I also afraid to close the shower curtain whenever I took shower in the hotel cause I am afraid of ghost appearing behind the curtain when I open it!

See, I wasn't afraid of that until I read this, so thanks for that.

Back