How to combat overworked art block

mondaayss

moon baby
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
New Horizons Token
I've been drawing nonstop for 6 days now and I can't seem to draw anything I like anymore, it was just me stopping around the coloring stages the first 3 days, but now the last 3 I've been quitting from sketch, I can't even draw hair on a character or proper anatomy without it looking wonky.

I'm really sorry to hear that D: And there's no rush with my request, you can take as long as you like.

You should probably take a break for a couple days. And then just doodle some of your own characters, nothing finished, just doodles. Then maybe try some serious art again.

yeah I've been comparing art so much from the last few days its been crazy, but I'll always break through, I was just looking for some methods on how to do it faster so I can get back to what I do best

Usually I play an RPG or something, and I'm like "gee, I really love the art in this game" and then I start drawing again xD

First thing you gotta do is stop drawing so many days in a row, at least professionally or for others. If you work as an artist, or do commissions on TBT / requests, every other day make sure to take a break for yourself, even if you're just drawing a simple picture for yourself.

Don't work for hours upon hours without breaks, breaks will save your mental health and your artistic abilities. If you're not able to draw my advice is take a solid break for awhile, maybe a week or two if you're able to.

haaaa im in this same deal
ive been drawing practically non-stop with maybe only like 1 hour breaks the past severral days (,:
tbh i can barely type bc ive been using my stylus constantly, not typing

honestly whenever I find myself feeling like that I take a 1 or 2 day or even a week long break ahaha - it's hard to draw nonstop without the quality of your work decreasing a little. I think pawpatrolbab gave some really good advice though - it's important to take care of yourself! I've recently started drinking massive amounts of water while drawing + taking short walks every hour or so and I've found that it makes me feel a lot better/more focused :>

It really helps to rest your eyes. I'm someone who doesn't take breaks and prefers to power through but that can be detrimental to your physical and mental health.

It's really important to stand up, walk away and move around. Take a nice snack break and some water (or nap) for at least a hour. You're going to drive yourself up the wall.

Yeah I am the type of artist to quit my art around 1/4 or halfway to go do something and come right back, I've mostly been drawing out of nothing to do so I'm going all out 4-5 hours at a time then giving up on it and doing another 4-5 hours on a new piece, same thing every day for 6 days now

Last edited:
Back