• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Funny/interesting international Club Tortimer stories

chillv

Bells
Dusty Scroll
I've had some rather interesting experiences going on international Club Tortimer servers. These aren't the old experiences of robbers and drama like usual. The majority of them have to do with language barriers and alternating between people who can't speak the same language.

One isn't so funny, but it was an interesting one nonetheless. I encountered a person from Spain and they said something like "Bayas, necesito bayas" (Bells, I need bells) to build his cafe. Unfortunately, I didn't know the word "bayas" so I didn't know what he was talking about until I though for a minute and ask him "Dinero?" (Money?) and he said yes. The funny part is that he said he need 300,000 bells but only asked for 100,000. As you may already know, you can't put more than three numbers into the chat box, so he put "300 thousand" in Spanish. Now, I barely ever even deal with numbers in Spanish, so I mistook "thousand" for "million" so I thought he said 300,000,000 ans 100,000,000 because in Spanish he said "300 mil" and "100 mil" and I forgot "mil' means "thousand", not "million". I ended up told him "No tengo 100 million bayas" (btw, the word "million" is not correct) and he said "no 100 mil' and then I realized. I told him yes and that I can give him that many bells (which he was surprised and told me "you serious?") and decided to give him 300,000 because I have lot of bells that I just have lying around in my ATM (It's been years. I forgot what it's actually called in AC) anyways. When I gave it to him, he told me "No, 100 thousand" apparently not knowing I was trying to be generous and give all that I need. I just said "Well, do you want to have them?" and he just said something like "Well, you gave me the amount that I need" and then he left

Another I encountered a French speaking person, and I know very little French that you might as well say I don't know any XD. We did decide to overcome the language barrier, but it was hard. She ended saying about something that she likes, but I couldn't quite understand her. She ended up giving me a sushi roll and I ate it which she ended up saying "rip sushi X)" lol. We ended up talking about anime we like as well. The funny thing was that I didn't know how to say "Do you like____" in French so I said "Vous aimez ____" (Do you love _____) XD. She understood regardless, but it was funny to say that. It was just some small talk so she said she had to go and we said goodbye to each other.

The next is a really short story with a Japanese player. I asked them in Japanese do they understand romaji, which they didn't since they kept saying "?" and "???" then they say "Gaikokujin da no?" (Are you a foreigner). I had the biggest face palm in my mind as I was like "You are on the international servers, and asking if someone... who it says clearly on their profile they are not from Japan... if they are... a foreigner..." I don't know why she asked that question, as it made absolutely no sense.

This next one is about an American I was talking to and then a Japanese player came. Fortunately, she understood romaji, so she could understand my Japanese. She took a big liking to me knowing Japanese, and it got a bit mushy as she started saying weird stuff like "I like you" and "You're the best" and I believe even "cute" but it didn't get too mushy. We did get her to play a tour with us, but then she left. After that, more Japanese people came and I tried to talk to them, some didn't understand romaji, but it was getting tiring but the American with me was telling you "You got this lol" XD. Eventually I left obviously to do othet things

The next is another with a Japanese player and then an American person came. Basically, I was talking to the Japanese girl about how I study Japanese and stuff and then she told me that she wanted my friend code. I told her I didn't know my friend code, but I don't think she quite understood me. When the American came, I told him she wants my friend code and he said "You're in dude" XD. When I was talking to her, she asked me what am I saying in English, and was trying to tell her "it was nothing" but she didn't understand quite well. The guy was saying "You have reached level 26 weebness" XD and he said "English" and the girl said "Amerika" and he kept saying "America" and then jokingly said "America > Japan". I said "Lol stop XD" and he said "How did you ascend to this level of weeb? It's shameful" I said, "by studying Japanese :p". Someone cut wireless off, and we lost connection.

One last one was with a German when she tried to ask me what state I lived in and she said "What country" and I said "United States is a country..." and she told me "Sorry, 'state'. In German, we call it Countrie, that's why I made that mistake" XD

Anyway, those are my stories. Have you had any interesting stories on the international club tortimer servers?

I found this guy who kept bragging about his Animal Crossing girlfriends in some language I forgot so I had to Google translate it quickly
He was like
"I got girlfriend bells" or something like that and it was funny because everyone kept telling him to leave and he was like "No you I have girlfriends"

I don't have much experience, but I think I found 3 irl friends on the island together having a conversation. Me, being in 5th grade butted in. They just ignored me, lol.
Another time I met a German girl who could speak some English. She wanted to be an English teacher.

Back