• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Clay is the ugliest villager I've ever seen

clay isnt exactly the cutest villager but rory.. who designed you

Aww but Clay's the most unique hamster design! Even his house is pretty cool. Like others said, he's supposed to be inspired by dogū and his tune when you talk to him is adorable. He's such a sweetheart. <3

I find unique looking villagers much cooler than those with overly simple designs but that's just me.

Diana and Al, they're both ugly and I can't stand looking at their faces.

Clay is ok actually.

Last edited:
Aww...Clay is a sweetheart. He gave me his picture multiple times. He is gone now, but I miss him. I thought he was cute.

I think clay is cool looking. I think Tammi is the ugliest I've ever had in either of my towns.

I think he's sorta cute~ well, I kind of see something cute in almost every villager. I just can't deal with Limberg, I mean... he has that homer beard going on and the ಠ-ಠ eyebrows... I just can't seem to find any redeemable qualities on him. Also I don't think I like Hippeux's mountain dew green. bleh!

The mice villagers are creepy imo. Oh and Prince the frog is SUPER ugly i don't understand whats happening with his face

I really like Clay, I had him for a long time and he grew on me :) I wouldn't of let him move, he snuck out on me during my Christmas break.

I used to not be fond of Clay's design at all, but now he's really growing on me. I had a feeling he was based on some sort of ancient statue, and it turns out he actually is based on one. I think that's really cool, it's like he's an ancient artifact brought to life.

imo clay's unique and has a nice inspiration, he's a bit like coco in a way.
klaus on the other hand

Last edited:
The rooster/chicken animals creep me out, so yeah I get how you feel lol.

My least favorite design is Rasher, he's covered with scars and his sneer looks so sinister... I don't care so much about clay (though he's definitely not a favorite) but i dont want Rasher anywhere near me >_<

I had never even heard of Clay until I saw this thread... and now I hope he moves in someday, haha. I love his design! (Speaking of unsettling villagers, though... Coco the rabbit really creeps me out. Her hollow eyes...)

Clay is not the ugliest one here. Please look at jambette (poor frog) who look like the lip got bitten by a snake lol

I dunno about Clay, but I'm amazed no one brought up Ricky! That mouth, those brows, that color scheme... yuck! Lots of villagers who just aren't my taste, I guess!

I dunno about Clay, but I'm amazed no one brought up Ricky! That mouth, those brows, that color scheme... yuck! Lots of villagers who just aren't my taste, I guess!

Sorry, but deeply disagree with that.

i know its your opinion but im triggered. clay is a sweetheart! i actually thought he was wearing a mask since it looks like hes wearing one. but anyway, there's far worse villagers than him.

I can't quite understand how you think Clay is the ugliest villager ever when villagers like Moose or Harry exist lol
That's just my opinion anyways. I think Clay is super unique and adorable. :)

Back