• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

13 dead people in a terrorist attack in Barcelona

I'm like an hour away from Barcelona and today I was planning to go but I didn't because I had better things to do, I guess I'm lucky q.q

I don't know exactlty what happened but I know that there's only one death confirmed so that's "good". I hope there are no more deaths

Europe always keeps getting the heat. I don't know what's going on.

But we had a similar attack here in North America too - in Charlottesville.

Last edited:
I feel like if something like this happened in a major US city we'd be putting the smack down on them tbh

Can't wait for both political spectrums trying to make their terrorist attack seem worse than the other

Basically if we had cars with AI (ignoring the moral dilemma trolley questiob) trucks of violence would stop tbqh. At least you can stop a gunman or a shooter. What are you gonna do if you're walking down the street and a cars coming? If theres a cop nearby he can shoot a gunman or whatever but unless you flatten the tires its pretty much instant.

Terrorism won't go away for a while, probably not until ISIS is dead. That said, I dunno if ISIS is actually behind this attack (they always claim they are) but at least it wasbt like a couple months ago where we had terrorist attack after terroist attack around Arianna's concert... Lets hope this is the last one for this month..

Last edited:
Can't wait for both political spectrums trying to make their terrorist attack seem worse than the other

Basically if we had cars with AI (ignoring the moral dilemma trolley questiob) trucks of violence would stop tbqh. At least you can stop a gunman or a shooter. What are you gonna do if you're walking down the street and a cars coming? If theres a cop nearby he can shoot a gunman or whatever but unless you flatten the tires its pretty much instant.

Terrorism won't go away for a while, probably not until ISIS is dead. That said, I dunno if ISIS is actually behind this attack (they always claim they are) but at least it wasbt like a couple months ago where we had terrorist attack after terroist attack around Arianna's concert... Lets hope this is the last one for this month..

That's why attacks with vehicles are rising. They're harder to control than an armed individual.

That's why attacks with vehicles are rising. They're harder to control than an armed individual.

So even with little to no gun laws, fatal drive-in is the new shooting. We need to take traffic laws much more seriously. It's not just hurting people. It's damaging cars too. The one in Charlottesville was badly damaged after crashing into a field of counter-protesters. Even if the lesson is to not repeat this stuff, it's giving people ideas.

Somehow, Islamic State of has claimed responsibility of the recent terror attack in Barcelona. This is not a good week for terror attacks.

There has also been a shooting in a province near Barcelona :( luckily no police officers nor civilians dead (yet).

Oh my God my heart goes out to all those effected, may the hostages be saved and their families be relieved.

Poor Spain. :/ I personally think that stabbings, bomb attacks and vehicular attacks are becoming more frequent because guns are a lot harder to get in countries other than the USA. There's no stopping the aforementioned attacks. Maybe make sure you can only purchase military knives if you pass a psychological test. For bombs, that would just involve a lot more Big Brother (George Orwell's 1984 all over again). Vehicles are almost impossible to stop because of how hard it is to get the perpetrator in the vehicle to stop and you can't just stop giving vehicles to those who have mental illnesses.

We're ****ed, basically.
Don't h8 m8 my opinions ain't b8.

Last edited:
So even with little to no gun laws, fatal drive-in is the new shooting. We need to take traffic laws much more seriously. It's not just hurting people. It's damaging cars too. The one in Charlottesville was badly damaged after crashing into a field of counter-protesters. Even if the lesson is to not repeat this stuff, it's giving people ideas.

Somehow, Islamic State of has claimed responsibility of the recent terror attack in Barcelona. This is not a good week for terror attacks.
....... yeah buddy idk if cars are what we should be worried about.
im not sure what terrorist attacks the us have had to make u say that driving the new shooting. what happened in charlottesville doesnt mean that suddenly cars are used more often in terrorist attacks in the us than guns. europe has had several terrorist attacks w/ trucks like in nice, stockholm and barcelona

I feel like if something like this happened in a major US city we'd be putting the smack down on them tbh
wait what

Poor Spain. :/ I personally think that stabbings, bomb attacks and vehicular attacks are becoming more frequent because guns are a lot harder to get in countries other than the USA. There's no stopping the aforementioned attacks. Maybe make sure you can only purchase military knives if you pass a psychological test. For bombs, that would just involve a lot more Big Brother (George Orwell's 1984 all over again). Vehicles are almost impossible to stop because of how hard it is to get the perpetrator in the vehicle to stop and you can't just stop giving vehicles to those who have mental illnesses.

We're ****ed, basically.
Don't h8 m8 my opinions ain't b8.

What's the difference between a military knife and a regular knive?

one has rights

How does an inanimate object have rights?
There is no difference between a "military knife" and a regular knife. They both cut, stab, and slice.

I'm just unsure of why that person brought that up.

There's always going to be a black market. Restricting people from owning stuff does nothing.

Back