• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you ever get abnormally attached to a villager?

Moritz

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
So today I was walking around looking for Colton and I said to myself "okay, where has my boyfriend gone".
I had to take a step back and question what exactly was going through my head when I said that aha.
Anyone else had anything like that? Or am I just really weird XD

Well when I was like 8 playing City Folk I considered Clyde to be my boyfriend lolol. I still love him to pieces now. Many people get attached to a certain villager, it's cute to see!

Yeahhhh, that happened to me with Fang. But I learned to tone it down a bit. (?―?٥)

Just feels a bit weird being a 22 year old man but then again having a flirty guy saying that if I ever can't sleep to go over to his it is only natural... even if he is a horse... maybe its not so natural XD

In WW I was obsessed with Jay! And, yes, believed he was my boyfriend. Haha, I was 8 though.

I don't go as far as boyfriend, but I do start treating villagers like real friends. Writing letters, feeling bad for them when they're upset or thinking " What is my friend Fuisha, Drift, or Tia doing today? "

Sometimes yes , I can not believe that all those villagers are virtual and not real
I feel bad for them.

I started feeling this way towards Marty especially since he's so good at Desert Island Escape.

I treat Etoile as my best friend, always checking up on her, telling her my secrets and about my bad days in the letters I write :blush:

o_O nope...but quite some people do.
I have villagers that I treat like great friends but I have never been like that to them....it's weird.

I used to have a crush on Zell.

Then again, I had a crush on Raphael the Ninja Turtle (1990 movie and 2003 animated series version), so this isn't exactly new territory for me. I'm over it. I've long accepted the fact that I'm a freaking weirdo.

Yup, Daisy. I got super attached to her in my old town when I found her camping, and I would always talk to her the most out of all of my villagers.
I bought her amiibo card so I could have her even when I reset my town. She's precious!

Not me personally, but I have a friend who loved Nan because she reminded him of his mom who had passed away. When she moved away, he was so heartbroken that he decided to hack his game to get her back

Not really, but back when I first started playing the GCN game, I used to treat villagers like real people (i.e sending them letters which they never understood despite having no spelling/grammer/punctuation issues, talking to them at least once in the morning and once in the evening everyday, feeling bad for them when they are upset etc.) which feels kinda odd now that I think about it.

i had the same thing back in city folk with roscoe.. i considered him my boyfriend too but i was like 9 so it meant nothing lol im done with those days now but i have roscoe in my NL town. hes still one of my favorites ^^

at first i was heckin mad that hazel put her house RIGHT next to mine, but now i am obsessed with her and i wouldn't mind joining our houses together so she could be my roomie lmao

I was weirdly atached to Lobo, he had his house super close to mine and was all nice and even tho I hated his design i started to like him more and more with time.

I (and let's be honest a vast majority) have become emotionally attached to Fang bc um husbando material.

Probably Kabuki. He's my closest neighbour and for some odd reason the only villager that lives south of the river? I've had him since the start... I think.

Yes!!! With Marshall. He is overall my fav design, fav outfit, fav house decor. He moved while i was on hiatus and i'm so f'n sad :(

Back