• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

what video game(s) would you consider to be a Masterpiece??

King Dorado

you can do anything
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Rebel Gnome
Fossil Easter Egg
Ladybug Easter Egg
Paradise Planning Easter Egg
Splat Easter Egg
Fossil Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
I would definitely say Halo,

and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild...

maybe Medal of Honor: Frontline too...

what else?

Life is strange
I am setsuna
The world ends with you
Skyrim
Persona
All legend of zelda series
Mother 3
Last of Us
NieR: Automata

Competitive games such as Dota 2 and CSGO also insert salt there
Might forgot the rest tho :v

The World Ends With You
Earthbound
Chrono Trigger
Xenoblade Chronicles
Transistor
Ys SEVEN

Yooka Laylee
Luigis Mansion Dark Moon

castlevania: symphony of the night

the legend of zelda: the wind waker

metal gear solid 1-4

mother 3

paper mario: the thousand year door

Fantasy Life, out of all the other games I have it's the only one I played for consecutive days without sleep and barely any food T.T

Super Metroid (SNES)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSX) It introduced us to the "Metroid" style of playing and exploring that we all know and love.
Contra Hard Corps (Genesis)
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (Genesis) Technically two games but it was meant to be one cohesive adventure. So I'm putting it here.
Super Mario Sunshine (GC) One of(if not, THE) best 3D Mario games out there!
Silent Hills 1-3 (PSX, PS2, etc.) The original trilogy of the SH games are all masterpieces in my opinion. Gotta love psychological horror!
Resident Evil (GC) The Gamecube remake of the original RE is what got me into the RE series in the first place and also, survival horror in general.
Undertale (PC)
Probably some more I'm forgetting but will add as I remember!

Last edited:
Mother 3 (being my personal favourite) is pretty well crafted in all regards. Music, Story and Visuals are all expertly done. Better yet is that the vision of the game is pretty well documented so it'd be very hard to argue it didn't do everything it tried to do. Just a real great game all around, so I see no reason not to call it a masterpiece.

If I was to pick a singular game that I would consider a masterpiece though, I'd have to say Xenoblade Chronicles. The sheer feeling of adventure that oozes from that game is phenomenal. Even if you dislike a character to begin with, chances are you'll be dreading saying goodbye to them by the end. There's so much emotion and wonder packed into the game, it can feel epic and relaxing all at the same time and it's just plain beautiful. As much as I enjoyed Xenoblade X and am looking forward to 2, I think it would be exceedingly difficult to match this game, let alone surpass it.

Last edited:
Goemon's Great Adventure

Pikmin and Pikmin 2

Pok?mon R/S/E and Pok?mon HG/SS (the originals too but the upgraded PC system in the remakes clinches it)

Banjo-Tooie

LoZ The Wind Waker

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of the Abyss

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Luigi's Mansion

Paper Mario

Donkey Kong 64

I wanna say Mario Sunshine too and probably more but this list is already rly long!

Last edited:
Little Nightmares!! It's an awesome game! I've watched the playthrough and it's really awesome!

The paper mario series (before sticker star). Mario and luigi: Bowsers Inside story, BOTW, Undertale, Mother 3, Earthbound, Snake Pass, Minecraft, Smash bros brawl.

The Last of Us.
I think that's the only game I've played that I truly consider a masterpiece.
Maybe Silent Hill 2. I can only imagine how wild it would've been if I hadn't been spoiled for the twist. Even knowing it, it was a fantastic experience.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past / Ocarina of Time / Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Bros. / Super Mario World / Super Mario Galaxy
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2
Resident Evil 1, 2 and 4
Final Fantasy X
Persona 3
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Heavy Rain

From what I've played, maybe Stardew Valley, Zelda: BOTW and even Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy.

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, the entire Kirby series (yes, even the spinoffs) Luigi's Mansion, UNDERTALE and Slime Rancher! Recently got into Slime Rancher and it's the greatest game I've played in a while!

Pikmin 1 2 3
Mother 1 2 3
Miitopia
Fire emblem 3ds
all of core Pokemon
ANIMAL CROSSING
harmonknight ( tho that final boss geeeeze )
Pmd ( well mostly all )
MARIO 3D PLATFORMERS
zelllllda
Ff7 and possibly X tho I've never played it
Tomodatchi life ( you know it )
Heroes of the Storm ( only and favorite mobs I've played so I MUST be biased towardd it )
Toontown Rewritten Best MMO right?
Paper Mario 1 2 3
MandL PiT, paper jam dream team the whole shabang
Dkc reboot and snes 2
Smash Bros
Kidick ( edit. What was I typing! How could it have gotten auto corrected like that! )
I don't want to make this last the rast of this page so I'll stop

Last edited:
Back