• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

what video game(s) would you consider to be a Masterpiece??

Persona 3&4
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations
The Sims 2 & 3
Rune Factory 4
The Last of Us
TallTale: The Walking Dead
Life is Strange

Last edited:
Games that I would consider a masterpiece...

Kingdom hearts 2 for sure...
Stardew valley, I mean, that game is harvest moon but with good graphics...
Monster Hunter Frontier Z, this game has the monst content out or any monster hunter game, every monster in the other games is in this game + tons of exclusive monsters!...
Er... I can't think of any more worth mentioning...

Literally the only thing I would change about Super Metroid is that wall jumping is a bit finicky.

Otherwise, MASTAHPEECE!!!!

I don't really have any problem with wall jumping, space jumping on the other hand can be quite annoying. Sometimes it'll just stop working for no apparent reason, mostly when jumping after falling a little bit.

I guess it's not flawless after all. But pretty much though. lol

one of my favorite games of all time, okami, is one i would consider a masterpiece. the art style is incredible and breath-taking, and the incorporation of japanese folklore is amazing. the story never gets boring, and it invokes emotion, laughter, and suspense. the music is beautiful, and so is the gameplay.
you also just can't beat being a wolf in a game!!
other than okami, i would consider witcher 3 (i think someone already mentioned it but why not mention it again, it's that good) and red dead redemption are a couple i would also vote to be masterpieces.

Okami. 'Nuff said.

Beautiful art, beautiful story, beautiful everything. It has twists, it can make you cry and be happy or be angry and the exploration of Japanese folklore and how its incorporated in the story is perfect for any curious person. The gameplay depends on what console you're playing it on, but overall it's unique and you can see how Okami has influenced other games in the future. It used to be so underrated but now it seems like a cult classic.

Definitely Breath of the Wild, also probably Ocarina of Time.

I've played thousands upon thousands of games in my life, so it's really hard to decide. There are a lot of different things to consider, such as relevance to the gaming world overall and the influence they had on games in general, and then the matter of personal preference and interest. There are many games I could say, but I think if I were to pick one game that falls under the category of a game I personally find really enjoyable, yet also has a lot of merit and value in a historical sense as being the pinnacle of excellent game design and had a great influence on the video game world, I would have to say Resident Evil 4. It is just a fantastic game in a lot of different respects, and anyone that has an interest in the overall universe of video game development and the history of video games, should definitely make time to play it at least once.

I consider these to be total masterpieces that have made a huge impact on my life:

Trauma Center: Under the Knife 1 & 2 (DS)
Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii)
Trauma Center: New Blood (Wii)
Trauma Team (Wii)

I consider these to be total masterpieces that have made a huge impact on my life:

Trauma Center: Under the Knife 1 & 2 (DS)
Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii)
Trauma Center: New Blood (Wii)
Trauma Team (Wii)

Wow, that's awesome. You don't really see people bring up the Trauma Center series much.

I love it. Honestly, Trauma Center (the original) and Phoenix Wright (again, the original) are what I bought my original DS for. Back before the DS Lite was out, even.

I recently played the first Danganronpa and that was phenomenal in every aspect, so I could add that (I'm downloading DR 2 right now lol, people say it's even better than the first).

Following up to this; 2 was indeed fantastic, and V3 is the absolute best of the series... before the ending. V3's ending was terribly handled. But chapters 1 through 5 were constructed so perfectly.

Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube
Super Mario Sunshine for the Nintendo Gamecube
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove for multiple consoles.

latest.jpg
Anyone who disagrees can get out.

With all honestly though I think this is the better game hands down. Mario 64 is so over rated.

wario is lit af xDDD

But SM64 being overrated causes it to spawn some extra hilarious youtube videos (like super fidget spinner 64... like what even)

Back