• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

any tips for getting photos?

davekats

bees??
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
i've had my town for years and none of my villagers have given me their photo. i'm pretty sure i'm close with a number of them because they send me mail all the time but...i'm not sure what to do.

when im running around sometimes they ping me and try to ask for an item im holding that i'm about to use for something so i deny them...is that what's messing me up? also they keep asking me for SUPER RARE fish and im just...i dont wanna get their hopes up and not find one ;--;

pls help i just want to be loved

Either keep doing them favors or wait till April's fool event.

Last edited:
Huh. Really? That's kind of odd.

I've just send letters w/ cheap gifts, talk, and do their dumb favors. I also deny their little grabby hands all the time, so it isn't that.

April's Fools is the easiest solution.

April fools is the easiest to get pictures but if you wanna do it the traditional way, doing signatures and sending perfect fruit greatly increases friendship so do that.

But in the end, they'd still give your their picture randomly as a gift/reward once you have high friendship with them. You can save scum it if you want (exit to home menu and not save until they give you one) but that'd be tedious work.

Once you have high enough friendship its just a waiting game.
You can try to resetting trick where you save the game before doing a big request for them a few times and see if that helps.
If after a few tries at that then you still dont have it then I would check again how high your friendship actually is.

Back