• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I really need some advice.

ZoeNeko

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
So, my town was hacked before 11.5 came out, and stupid me updated without realizing what would happen. Well, today a villager moved out, and I decided to scan an amiibo card in, and make a new spot along my path for the villager to move in on. Well, the villager didn't move to that spot, so I tried plot resetting, and the dang villager would not move from this spot, and I tried a lot, I even used this guide.

HNI_0012_waifu2x_art_noise2_scale_tta_1.jpg

Here is a photo of my map, I wanted the villagers house to go along the lines of all the others.
IMG_20170816_223403.jpg

It's upset me to the point I'm just thinking of restarting fully, just when I was starting to like how this town looked.
Here's the solutions I've come up with, tho.

• Restart my town all together
  • Scan in villagers to replace the old ones and rework my paths according to where they plot
  • Wait for there to be a way 11.5 can access Homebrew on and old 3ds
  • Live with the placement

Idk what to do, please help, I'm super upset, even tho I probably shouldn't be ;_;​

I really like just leaving the placement up to the game. I don't plot reset because it is not a big deal to me, I just work around their houses. I don't have paths, so their houses won't mess those up. My suggestion would be just to live with the placement. I don't plan out towns and stuff, so the placement of their houses is not really a big deal to me. If your town is planned, and you are really upset about the placement, then I can't really help you out here. I just let the villagers choose where they want to live in my town. Good luck to you.

I honestly don't think it's too bad.
If it was me I would scan another amiibo card and keep plot resetting. Eventually the villager will end up placing his/her house in the desired spot. :)
I know the struggle and frustration. Sometimes The game becomes tiring rather than fun.
Hopefully we get a map editor feature soon. (Upcoming updates/Game).

Last edited:
If you're updated to welcome amiibo, throwing patterns down prevents villagers from moving on top of them.

I think the best way to solve this is to kick the villager out with an amiibo card and letting the other villager live in the desired spot. I also recommend placing down patterns in your town so there is no free 3x3 spot - if you hadn't heard, villagers won't move onto patterns anymore. By plot resetting for the new villager (having placed down patterns everywhere), you ensure that you haven't missed any spots and that the villager won't move into the old villwger's spot.

After the update, villagers no longer move onto paths. So please don't mark the desired spot with patterns like that outdated guide recommends! Instead, TT back to the last day in which you actually saved the game and place patterns. Everywhere. You can place them in a checkerboard or whatever to save time, just be absolutely sure that there are no unpatterned 3x3 spaces except the one you want for your villager. (And yes, they can still move onto trees, flowers, and items.) It will still take some resetting since you can't cover the ground under the locked-out villager's house, but at least there will only be two options! Eventually they should move.

Back