• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Thoughts on the Afterlife?

piske

old and unwise
Pear 🍐
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Ladybug Easter Egg
Daisy Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Love Ball
I recently watched the series The Good Place and it got me thinking about what other people imagine the afterlife to be like.

I personally don't have a belief in it, but watching the show made me think there are other interpretations of what it might be!

Please keep it respectful towards other peoples' beliefs, thanks c:

I low-key believe in some sort of reincarnation. Like not the *exact* you comes back, but maybe your energy/essence kind of scatters and becomes part of everything and pieces of you become part of other conscious and unconscious forms of life. Like we're constantly being cycled, like everything seems to cycle.

I'm not religious at all, but I'm very spiritual and 100% believe in spirits and the afterlife.

The sad part is that the afterlife is actually pretty boring, and the ultimate final stage of life is a mystery even to those who are dead. Kinda weird.

I grew up Catholic but now I'm definitely agnostic. I don't want to necessarily cancel out heaven/hell because I really want all the horrible people to go somewhere. I also want to feel my deceased loved ones are looking down from above.

Maybe the terrible people all reincarnate into sea cucumbers. Then have to deal with pearl fish. I can settle with that. I like the concept of reincarnation.

This also reminds me of the five people you meet in heaven by Mitchell Albom. Where you're sent to 'heaven' and encounter five (hopefully more) that had significant impact on you while alive.

I don't know. I believe there's an afterlife, I just don't know what it is.

I'm technically Buddhist (which kinda isn't a religion but kinda is) but I'm more towards atheist now.

I personally believe there *could* be some kind of afterlife, but more or less not on the lines of some kind of god being involved. Like a user said earlier I think reincarnation is possibly a thing but you're not exactly the person you were before after rebirth. More likely something along the lines of your "soul" gets recycled.

I've heard a lot of stories of a thing called "Astral Projection" (Bowie, user above has told me a few things about his experience with it) that is believed to be something along the lines of an afterlife, I'm really interested in trying it but I'm not sure I have the time or patience to be able to do it.

I always thought of it as some kind of limbo.

You know, something similar to The Lovely Bones book / film where the dead walk around in a seemingly very similar world to the one they existed in. That story is very specific however.

I believe in the dead having unfinished business in the living world. Maybe I've watched / read too many ghost stories and documentaries.

Though I don't personally believe in them, I find other cultures beliefs in the afterlife immensely interesting.

I do 't want it to exist.

I'd rather disappear and no longer be consious. The only thingg that would await you is boredom. You would never be able to end it.

I feel like if you have unfinished business, your soul would be trapped on this planet until you're feeling free. I don't know what'll happen after, though.

it's this big pool of orange fanta where the good people get to drink as much as they want and the bad people remain thirsty for eternity

I don't really care or dwell on it. Why should I. I'll be dead either way

If reincarnation does happen though I hope I'm a gecko in a future life

I low-key believe in some sort of reincarnation. Like not the *exact* you comes back, but maybe your energy/essence kind of scatters and becomes part of everything and pieces of you become part of other conscious and unconscious forms of life. Like we're constantly being cycled, like everything seems to cycle.

This sums up my view of things currently as well. I used to be a stubborn atheist, and I disbelieved not only in theistic religions but also in any kind of spiritual presence or energy. It's kind of odd because I always loved fantasy and believed in all sorts of crazy worlds when I was little. Now, I do think there is more likely something else there--the world is just too gosh darn complicated not to have things going after life.

I'm not sure that we would keep any intact sense of self though (memories, identity, etc.), and I'm okay with that. I mean, even living we don't really have a stable self (are you the same 'you' 10 years ago? or the same person who was so moody the other day for no reason? or the same person who agreed to something while half-asleep?)

After playing Nier:Automata and reading this...

Me: I wonder what happens after death *in random thoughts*
Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never-ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment?

Ahhhhhh ;w;

Idk tbh all I can think is darkness afterlife you dont see anyone esp anyone you know like alone ;w;

I don't believe in afterlife or is interested in it, but IF I had to really have one, I would like to be a ghost and haunted the forest.

Some of us will live for a long time through the DNA of their children, grandchildren etc...
Like we are carrying the genes of thousand of people who died before us.

Last edited:
I don't consider myself a religious person but I think it would be kind of neat if reincarnation was real. It's kind of strange but I'm okay with passing one day. If living forever was an option, I wouldn't want to take it if that meant everyone I care about will go. I would find myself bored living that long to begin with so the concept of immortality doesn't appeal to me. I think I would have more trouble watching loved ones go than myself as odd as it sounds.

I think of the afterlife more as it's a part of life. Obsessing or over-thinking about it doesn't do you much good. I personally think of life as trying to make the most of it as you can. It's easier said than done of course. I do think reincarnation does sound like a neat alternative than just going to heaven, hell, or purgatory. When one adventure ends, another begins.

I'm probably not making much sense with this but ah well.

My parents have a solid belief of what happens after death and so do the rest of my family, we are Muslim and I know their beliefs. However, personally I don't yet have and proper understanding or opinion of what exactly would happen after death. Honestly, I think the afterlife wouldn't be any sort of "heaven" or "hell", I would expect something like and a void? But again, I'm not sure of what I think yet. It's one of my shower thoughts lol.

Last edited:
I certainly believe in an afterlife. Everything that a person has ever done, good and bad, will be accounted for...and depending on how much good or harm they did will go to the appropriate place for them. That being said, I do NOT believe in eternal hell, I believe hell only lasts as long as that person makes amends for their crimes. "Eternal damnation is a damnable doctrine." - Jesus

Back