• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Gaming in public

Damniel

Openly Wolfing
Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0804-8939-7771
Island
Sandoval
Red Star Fragment
Pink Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Do you ever use your DS/3DS/Switch when you're outside? Or are you embarrassed to whip it out?

For me personally, I feel a bit dorky if I'm playing video games in public. I don't like taking my 3DS out so I only play games when I'm home.

Last edited:
u know these threads with a clickbait title got old like 2 years ago right

and yeah, i dont care unless its with people who know me lmfao. i dont care if some 10 year old is giving me a weird look for playing splatoon in costa at 9 am

It depends. If I'm around smaller/immature kids, then I would rather keep it hidden so that they don't ask to play or get the idea of stealing it (I'm very protective of my electronics). I don't mind taking it out when there are people my age or older around.

Never. Ever.
Everyone in public that I see playing Nintendo is a boy. All little boys.
If I ever really wanted to, it would be in the car. Hiding away from the window so no one sees me.
All girls that I see at my age are super-girly on their phones, wearing butt shorts and taking selfies. Do you think I would ever think about playing on my 3ds in public?????

Last edited:
It depends. If I'm around smaller/immature kids, then I would rather keep it hidden so that they don't ask to play or get the idea of stealing it (I'm very protective of my electronics). I don't mind taking it out when there are people my age or older around.

I didn't think about that actually. Even when I'm just on my phone some kids as if they can play on it

I'm always playing my 3ds in public. At the Tims line, at the airport, on the plane, at the park EVERYWHERE. The other day my friends and I went to a mall with Sephora and they all went in to buy, I'm tryna save my money so instead I just played Fantasy Life for like 45 minutes in Sephora AND A GIRL WHO WORKED THERE CAME UP TO ME AND SHE HAD A 3DS TOO AND WE GOT EACH OTHER'S STREET PASS AMAZING.

Long story short 3DS bringing Sephora workers and the unemployed together. :3

I'm always playing my 3ds in public. At the Tims line, at the airport, on the plane, at the park EVERYWHERE. The other day my friends and I went to a mall with Sephora and they all went in to buy, I'm tryna save my money so instead I just played Fantasy Life for like 45 minutes in Sephora AND A GIRL WHO WORKED THERE CAME UP TO ME AND SHE HAD A 3DS TOO AND WE GOT EACH OTHER'S STREET PASS AMAZING.

Long story short 3DS bringing Sephora workers and the unemployed together. :3

cries whaaaaaaaaaat no fair!!!

I used to play on the bus sometimes but not very often because it was always at weird hours. Or I'd just fall asleep on the bus and forget to play... q.q

I suppose I would if I ever had a chance but I don't want it outside much where there are many dangers. People's elbows, concrete, hot drinks, etcetera. I always did enjoy taking it to Game for any Pokemon events and having to get it out the case and put all four games in so I could get four Keldeo or four Meloetta. Might take it to the beach soon though. I bet it will love the sand. Not.

I used to take my ds out all the time when I was younger. Like 10-early teenage years. But now my 3ds never leaves the house.

One time I was at Disney World and I saw a kid playing a 3ds like ?????? You're at Disney why are you playing a video game when there are a million fun things to do all around you?

i always set up a swirly office chair in the middle of the local mall and set up my tv and gamecube. i start speedrunning super monkey ball 2 and a bunch of people crowd around to watch. i've been kicked out by security and even shot in the face but that hasn't stopped me from performing!!

Yes agree with the nuisance of young kid keep looking and come closer just to look at what you re playing although they have no idea at all

I'm quite confused though....what? A makeup shop....fully of super girly girls and womany woman....how the heck?!?!

*shockingly* women can have very varied interests and can love both makeup and video games. What a concept!

Tfw you're out in public and you're playing on your ds and you walk by someone else on their ds and you give them The Look that can only be exchanged by the most shameless of nerds :^))))
But yeah the majority of my childhood was spent bumping into streetlamps while playing harvest moon. No shame.

I like playing my 3ds on the bus or while I'm waiting. It's a great way to kill some time :) I will shameless creep on you if I see that you have a 3ds out as well LOL. I especially love seeing someone playing a game that I have, makes me feel like we're comrades in a nerd army :')))))

When I'm outside I usually can't see the screens because I have really bad eyesight. If I know I'll be somewhere for a while I'll bring my ds to have something to do but I don't normally play it anywhere but home.

Back