• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Gaming in public

No shame in keeping myself entertained

Ever since my 3DS developed some problems though I've brought it along less. I don't want do break it any further

i've done it a bunch before. not so much now since i tend to really busy when i'm out but i don't care about people seeing me play outside. plus i sometimes get people excitedly approaching me about it which is pretty dope.

I play my 3DS in public I guess. Like waiting at a barber shop, doctor, restaurants and at school. I've never cared about how people would look at me about it really. My barbers or the doctor usually just wonder what games I play, and they never judge me about anything. In addition, usually the people at those facilities aren't even gamers at all and/or are just regular everyday people going about their day.

At school, quite a few people have 3DSs, and I've never heard anyone say anything about me playing it.

However, I'm not really the one to care about how people see me doing stuff. It really isn't their business what games I like to play and I'm not playing anything for their praise or gratrification, but instead my own personal enjoyment. If they have some sort of comments or problems with that, that's really on them, not me.

lots of people at my college play all the time! i do sometimes, but i usually leave it at home so i can try and get work done instead. i used to play on my breaks at work, too, but i suppose the break room isn't really 'in public'... sometimes i used to go to the public library and play, because free wifi and free air conditioning and couches.

Never. I've never been anywhere long enough to play a game.

Yeah, duh! I don't care what others think, I just whip out my 3DS and just start playing. I took it to Disneyland once and just played all the way through the lines, I streetpassed like 5 people that day.

I have this bag I take with me everywhere I go, and my DS is always in there along with my other essentials. :)

I frequently do when on or waiting for public transport. I don't really care what anyone thinks. It's unlikely others will notice unless they're also gamers anyway.

Life's too short to worry about what other people think so much. If I feel like playing my 3DS or whatever portable device I'll bring it. Of course I'll keep the sound muted because that would be rude to have it blasting.

I guess depends where.

Airports, yeah. Cafes, maybe? Especially when I'm waiting/killing time.

If I'm actually being out and about, like public park or mall, etc then no. I don't really want my face buried in a screen while I'm outside.

Yes, I don't really have any fanservice games for it anyways lol.

Got a few nice looks back when I had a Vita though and played Neptunia though haha

I normally play on the bus because my journeys are like 1 - 2 hrs (depending on traffic)
If the bus is packed though, I generally don't.

- - - Post Merge - - -

lots of people at my college play all the time! i do sometimes, but i usually leave it at home so i can try and get work done instead. i used to play on my breaks at work, too, but i suppose the break room isn't really 'in public'... sometimes i used to go to the public library and play, because free wifi and free air conditioning and couches.

Same but I end up on tbt instead haha
dFs8pxF.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm quite confused though....what? A makeup shop....fully of super girly girls and womany woman....how the heck?!?!

are we not over this stereotype already?

I usually take my ds with me when I'm getting the train, since it's an hour long journey, and I usually take it if i'm taking the car anywhere, I don't always play it sometimes it's just for play coins and streetpas (albeit I was out all day yesterday in a busy city and I only got two street passes, one of them being my friend), but it's great for passing time and I really don't care what strangers think

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm quite confused though....what? A makeup shop....fully of super girly girls and womany woman....how the heck?!?!

i mean I considered makeup artistry because I love makeup and I've spent a ton of money on high end makeup brands, while simultaneously I've been gaming ever since I could hold a game controller

If it's around people I'm familiar with or people that I know are mature enough to leave me be. I'm usually in the library reading or playing 3DS (usually Animal Crossing and more recently, Tomodachi Life again). I'll never play around people I barely know enough to decide whether they're immature or mature.

I always whip out my New 3DS, when I'm riding the bus, at the local bus stop, during my coffee and lunch breaks and on long car trips. I even take it to the beach at some point.

I'm way too self conscious to do that. I'd also be afraid I'd lose my 3DS or damage it somehow, so mine never leaves my house.

I don't mind playing in public. I whip my 3ds out occasionally to check streetpasses or I'll play in a cafe if I'm waiting for a friend.

I'm way too self conscious to do that. I'd also be afraid I'd lose my 3DS or damage it somehow, so mine never leaves my house.

I know the feeling. A few years ago, I forgot my DSi XL (with AC:WW inside) on the bus. Luckily, I'm a familiar face with the local bus drivers and got it back the next day.

Dont care its normal anyway

Back