Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0008-9983-6893
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Tasty Cake
Isabelle
Originally, I was planning on selling my TBT for IGB that way I wouldn't start off dirt poor when I start my game. I mostly wanted the IGB, so that I could buy some of dreamies, who are really popular and probably won't come cheap (especially Ankha or Wolfgang or Fauna). But after some lurking in the Train Station, I see that most people adopting out or selling villagers are accepting TBT as payment, which I have plenty of. Plus, reading about these people starting over with nothing kind of makes me want to do the same because I want to feel accomplished when my town is finally complete. Like it's something I can feel proud of and I feel like it might not be as special if I buy Bells.

So what do you guys think: Should I buy Bells with my TBT? Do I even need to? Or is it more special if I raise the money on my own?

I think these days you hang onto your TBT. From what I can see around threads 1 TBT is equivalent to 200k IGB so you can easily buy that IGB if you want but the TBT will be more valuable later if you want to find your dream villagers. It is also definitely more special to get the IGB by working at it yourself. Keep your TBT is my basic message.

Tbh, I'm happy I traded my TBT for IGB. I found the game more fun when I wasn't limited by how many bells I need to buy stuff. I like the creative part of the game (landscaping, interior design, customizing things) more so than I like earning money. I'm also the type of person who always plays other video games on casual. So I guess my gaming style is more relaxed/chill. I personally have more fun that way. If you prefer things to be more challenging, then earning them yourself would probably be more fun.

I made my own bells for 8 months or so before I realized this forum existed, and it wasn't hard, but it was slow and I found myself frustrated by the home loans/running out of things to do because not having enough bells and bored by the grind of doing the same thing everyday to earn bells.

In my first town I buy igb, but I don't time travel. In my other town I buy igb and I time travel and the playing styles are sooo different. Both are fun in their own way, and I think earning your own bells as opposed to buying them is also fun in it's own way too.

Well for me, the game stopped being fun after i bought bells because I was able to pay off everything rather quickly. That was just me. I made a vow to myself that when I started this town, I'm current playing that i wasn't going to buy bells or items from people and it's more rewarding. It's taking longer to pay stuff off but in the end, its my hard work that's going into my town and not because I'm piggybacking off of other people's hard work by buying stuff from them.

I think you should hang onto some of your tbt and trade some of it for igb. Most people only want tbt in exchange for dreamies, so it'll be hard to get a dreamie for igb. And igb does take some time to earn, so yeah :)

I'd say maybe buy items and villagers with tbt, but not bells. I recently restarted my main town and wanted to get some bells as well but I found out it's sooo much more rewarding and fun to do it yourself. Idk you just feel more accomplished when you earn everything yourself

i would say save it because a lot of people want tbt these days for items and such instead of IGB. getting all your bells yourself also feels more rewarding. thats what i suggest

Back