• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Big or small dogs?

I like small dogs. I'm actually terrified of big dogs but can tolerate small ones if they aren't agressive.

I've only ever had small dogs, but I've always wanted a medium/large one?unfortunately, our backyard isn't suited for one. I love all dogs.

Big!!!!! I have two Great Danes and I love them sosososoososo much. Their names are Vera and Denny and I couldn't live without them :)

I have a beagle, which I guess is a medium sized dog. I think her size is perfect. She's the biggest dog I've had though, since before her my family had 4 toy poodles and a maltese lol.

I grew up with big dogs only and I am tired of them in the nicest way possible. They require a lot more upkeep and generate a lot more to clean up (even just with shedding) than smaller dogs. I like having bigger dogs for protection though, I feel so much safer having a german shepherd in my yard than I would without one. lol.

But, as a non-dog person, I think smaller dogs are way cuter and work better with my schedule, as I already have to take care of many other animals every day.

Last edited:
i like small dogs way better tahn big dogs though some bigger dogs are nice i think smaller dogs are cuter / more manageable.

I'm partial to giant breeds and wrinkly ones. ;)
So, if have to be small, shar pei, english bulldogs, pugs, frenchies...
Giant - Mastiff (<3), Great Dane, Giant Schnauzer

I definitely prefer small dogs hahaha! I love cuddling with small dogs and it's easier for them to sleep on my lap since they aren't that heavy XD

I honestly like both! As long as they're cute (which, all dogs are (almost)), I like it! Both have their own qualities hehe.

I like both but the bigger the better, I have one good boy who is 100 some pounds who thinks he’s a lap dog. I love being smooshed by him! He’s the biggest baby!

Back