• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Cedar saplings only grow in the north part of town?! Are any other plants like this?

Livvy

Ain't that just the way
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Blue Hybrid Rose
Famous Mushroom
Tasty Cake
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
:mad: I didn't know and I just wasted like 12 cedar saplings trying to make a forest in the center of my town and they're all dead. noooo whyyyy

I know bananas and coconuts need to be planted on the beach. Any other trees or plants that can only be planted in certain areas of the map before I go and waste all my saplings? lmao

Yep - cedar saplings are only in the top half of the map.

It is terrible and frustrates a lot of people!

I have lost failed saplings from being one square too far south.

Bonus tip: if/when you get a golden shovel and plant money bags - only plant one money bag per day. Only one bag will grow to be a money tree per day! :blush:

My ceders don't like growing farther down than my second bridge, so I'm in the same boat. Maybe there's a cedar limit? I have a lot of them.

I hate this because I made my campsite in the south part of my town and I want to have cedars all around it! Very frustrating. But I don't think any other trees besides palm trees are like this.

Best laid plans and all that. It's nuances like this that make the game so much more interesting.

Yeah, actually this limitation inspired me to do something a bit different, so there's that at least. I just realized that my campsite is in the southern part of my other town as well, but luckily I hadn't started planting cedars over there. I think I planted one and it didn't grow, but figured I must have accidentally planted it too close to something.

I knew this, but pressed my luck in my campsite and ended up losing a couple of cedar saplings along my riverbank. Seems they were just over the line south. I ended up planting bamboo shoots and cutting them after the first day's growth. It turned out well.

I only found this out a few days ago and I'm very happy I didn't start putting my plans in place to start planting on the lower half of my town. That sure would have been a waste. I guess I'll just switch to a few pear trees and many holly bushes.

I only found this out a few days ago and I'm very happy I didn't start putting my plans in place to start planting on the lower half of my town. That sure would have been a waste. I guess I'll just switch to a few pear trees and many holly bushes.

Yeah I just bought like 50 holly bushes, so maybe I'll put that by the campsite instead.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Now I'm thinking maybe I'll do a cherry orchard and holly bushes around my camp site. hmm

Cedars only grow in the North.
Coconuts and banana trees only grow on the beach.
Jacob Ladder flowers only grow along cliff edges when the town is perfect.

Oh, cool. I didn't know that about Jacob Ladder flowers. If I move them to the middle of town, will they probably die then? haha

Oh, cool. I didn't know that about Jacob Ladder flowers. If I move them to the middle of town, will they probably die then? haha

No. You can place Jacob's Ladders anywhere in your town. It's just they only spawn along cliffs.

@Imbri - Hopefully it's one of those things where I can't get what I originally wanted, but the alternative that I have to do instead comes out a lot better. :p

@Twisterheart - Thanks for the clarification. :)

i have a forest town (naporia) and i use this to my advantage! the bottom half of my town doesnt hold anything important so it has become an area for some cute PwPs and perfect a fruit orchard! Holly bushes in the south near those trees help it maintain that woodsy feel

yep. im making a forest town and ive wasted many cedar saplings because of this :') if i knew how to hack i would put them all over my town

If you get perfect fruit that's not native to your town, it won't grow more perfect fruit of that type. So say you have pears as your native fruit and someone gives you a bunch of perfect cherries, don't bother planting them because you'll only get normal cherries from them.

If you get perfect fruit that's not native to your town, it won't grow more perfect fruit of that type. So say you have pears as your native fruit and someone gives you a bunch of perfect cherries, don't bother planting them because you'll only get normal cherries from them.

This one I knew actually, but that's definitely a good tip for anyone who doesn't know that.

Back