• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What was the Hardest bug to catch?

I've never EVER once been able to catch bees in any AC game
I always panic when the hive falls and fumble to get my net out in time before I get attacked

I've never EVER once been able to catch bees in any AC game
I always panic when the hive falls and fumble to get my net out in time before I get attacked

With the latest update, you can hold your net while shaking trees. That way when a bee drops, you'll turn towards it automatically with a shocked face, and you can just mash 'A' until it works and ta-da! Bee caught!

For me, I still haven't caught the house centipede. It remains elusive. Tarantula and scorpions were oddly easy for me? I got them on the second and first tries, respectively. The first time I saw one it scared me half to death though, I didn't know they were a thing.

mole cricket : /
it feels like it's even more difficult in new leaf

Still never got a tarantula. I even got two or three scorpions, but never a tarantula.

Scorpions. They hate me. First they don't want to spawn, and then if they do, it jumps in the river.

For sure tarantula, scorpion and BEES. Bees were very hard. Took me a youtube video and multiple tries. I kept restarting the game over and over. The placement of the tree was kinda important to, because I had to be able to run into a straight line without destroying flowers or running into things. The tarantula and the scorpion wasn't so bad once I found out what they were. They were just so quick I didn't realise what it was at first. I just passed out. Haha. Still had to do some googling for that. I hate when I have to google stuff. I want to figure it out on my own, I am just not that good at any video games though.

The bugs in trees. The tarantula, too. For some reason, I've never had any trouble catching a scorpion.

With the latest update, you can hold your net while shaking trees. That way when a bee drops, you'll turn towards it automatically with a shocked face, and you can just mash 'A' until it works and ta-da! Bee caught!

For me, I still haven't caught the house centipede. It remains elusive. Tarantula and scorpions were oddly easy for me? I got them on the second and first tries, respectively. The first time I saw one it scared me half to death though, I didn't know they were a thing.

House centipedes are really uncommon, so keep at it. Check every rock, then run inside a building, repeat. They are only after 7pm of course.

Golden stag and Scorp/Tarantula. Golden stag cause I always scare that bugger off and Scorp/tarantula are pretty self explanitory

Going way back, the mole cricket. Now it's easy.

At first, I needed another person to help. One to dig the hole, the other to catch it.

They vanished a whole lot quicker in WW than NL.
In NL, they're walking around long enough for you to snag it.

Going way back, the mole cricket. Now it's easy.

At first, I needed another person to help. One to dig the hole, the other to catch it.

They vanished a whole lot quicker in WW than NL.
In NL, they're walking around long enough for you to snag it.

I agree WW was tough for mole crickets. I used to have troubles in GCN, but because I dug so many holes that I couldn't get around to it before it left the acre and vanished.

Last edited:
I agree WW was tough for mole crickets. I used to have troubles in GCN, but because I dug so many holes that I couldn't get around to it before it left the acre and vanished.

It's funny now I think back.
They would just vanish into the dirt in a nano second.
Nearly impossible to catch on your own. ^_^

Back