What was the Hardest bug to catch?

I've never EVER once been able to catch bees in any AC game
I always panic when the hive falls and fumble to get my net out in time before I get attacked

I've never EVER once been able to catch bees in any AC game
I always panic when the hive falls and fumble to get my net out in time before I get attacked

With the latest update, you can hold your net while shaking trees. That way when a bee drops, you'll turn towards it automatically with a shocked face, and you can just mash 'A' until it works and ta-da! Bee caught!

For me, I still haven't caught the house centipede. It remains elusive. Tarantula and scorpions were oddly easy for me? I got them on the second and first tries, respectively. The first time I saw one it scared me half to death though, I didn't know they were a thing.

mole cricket : /
it feels like it's even more difficult in new leaf

For sure tarantula, scorpion and BEES. Bees were very hard. Took me a youtube video and multiple tries. I kept restarting the game over and over. The placement of the tree was kinda important to, because I had to be able to run into a straight line without destroying flowers or running into things. The tarantula and the scorpion wasn't so bad once I found out what they were. They were just so quick I didn't realise what it was at first. I just passed out. Haha. Still had to do some googling for that. I hate when I have to google stuff. I want to figure it out on my own, I am just not that good at any video games though.

The bugs in trees. The tarantula, too. For some reason, I've never had any trouble catching a scorpion.

With the latest update, you can hold your net while shaking trees. That way when a bee drops, you'll turn towards it automatically with a shocked face, and you can just mash 'A' until it works and ta-da! Bee caught!

For me, I still haven't caught the house centipede. It remains elusive. Tarantula and scorpions were oddly easy for me? I got them on the second and first tries, respectively. The first time I saw one it scared me half to death though, I didn't know they were a thing.

House centipedes are really uncommon, so keep at it. Check every rock, then run inside a building, repeat. They are only after 7pm of course.

Golden stag and Scorp/Tarantula. Golden stag cause I always scare that bugger off and Scorp/tarantula are pretty self explanitory

Going way back, the mole cricket. Now it's easy.

At first, I needed another person to help. One to dig the hole, the other to catch it.

They vanished a whole lot quicker in WW than NL.
In NL, they're walking around long enough for you to snag it.

Going way back, the mole cricket. Now it's easy.

At first, I needed another person to help. One to dig the hole, the other to catch it.

They vanished a whole lot quicker in WW than NL.
In NL, they're walking around long enough for you to snag it.

I agree WW was tough for mole crickets. I used to have troubles in GCN, but because I dug so many holes that I couldn't get around to it before it left the acre and vanished.

Last edited:
I agree WW was tough for mole crickets. I used to have troubles in GCN, but because I dug so many holes that I couldn't get around to it before it left the acre and vanished.

It's funny now I think back.
They would just vanish into the dirt in a nano second.
Nearly impossible to catch on your own. ^_^

Back