• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How do you make your profile picture a gif/transparent?

Weiland

Flick Fanboy 🦎💞
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7046-6089-3415
I used to own the avatar animation perk but when it didn't work at all (despite using a gif) so I got rid of it. I'm gonna buy it again if someone can tell me how to make it animated.

Also, how do you make your profile picture transparent? I used a .png file that had a transparent background, yet it didn't work.

The picture you're uploading has to be the exact dimensions to be transparent, and to be used as a .gif. If you have a standard sized avatar this would be 100px x 100px, if you have the avatar extension the size would be 150px x 100px.

The picture you're uploading has to be the exact dimensions to be transparent, and to be used as a .gif. If you have a standard sized avatar this would be 100px x 100px, if you have the avatar extension the size would be 150px x 100px.

I'll give it a try. Thank you!

Lol ninja'd

It can be below too I think, I once used a random Pok?mon sprite and it worked, so.

Last edited:
Lol ninja'd

It can be below too I think, I once used a random Pok?mon sprite and it worked, so.

Yeah I've seen a smaller size .gif used too! I always just air on the side of caution and use the exact size so I know it's going to work haha.

Yeah I've seen a smaller size .gif used too! I always just air on the side of caution and use the exact size so I know it's going to work haha.

Yeah true, just wanted to say that in case people wanted smaller sprite etc. Thanks for telling me you need to use .gif though. Always used PNG and wonder why sometimes it wasn't fully transparent.

Back