• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Is there any reason for me to pay off my last home loan?

Livvy

Ain't that just the way
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Blue Hybrid Rose
Famous Mushroom
Tasty Cake
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Like my house is already fully built maxed out, what incentive is there to pay off my final loan, if any?

In the Welcome Amiibo update they added the Secret Storage Closet which you can access from your touch pad when inside your home. there's 4 sections, 9 bins included. its pretty worth it
(unless im thinking wrong and you already have it, i forget all of the loans tbh)

Last edited:
In the Welcome Amiibo update they added the Secret Storage Closet which you can access from your touch pad when inside your home. there's 4 sections, 9 bins included. its pretty worth it
(unless im thinking wrong and you already have it, i forget all of the loans tbh)

You don't need to pay off your home loan to unlock the secret storage. The mayor of Diamond only has three rooms and already has the secret storage.

I'm pretty sure it unlocks some special HHA thing+some new house exterior options, not too sure though

Last edited:
You don't need to pay off your home loan to unlock the secret storage. The mayor of Diamond only has three rooms and already has the secret storage.

ye, i have it on my second character. they didnt mention the secret storage thing so i wasnt sure.
if they already do have it, then ignore my post

If you're okay with the interest payments hanging over you, the letters telling you that you are overdue on payments, the nerve- wracking check of the letter box every morning in case another one has arrived. If you're okay with all that don't pay it. But it will nag you.

To hear King Nook sing the song from his native people!

- because it feels good to be done with loans from Nook!

- to unlock the Lyle Happy Home Theme challenge

- to feel comfortable and complete :blush:

Hahaha ok ok ok. Thanks for the info everyone. Idk. I think I won't pay it. I don't mind tossing letters and whatnot. I don't guilt easily. haha :p

@Becca - I already have the secret storage. :) I was able to get it right after I got my basement I think. One of the first things I got. haha

tom nook sings you a lil song 11/10 worth the payment would pay again

the secret storage is unlocked if you have a second floor!

i've been playing for years and i never knew they actually send you letters about your debt what the..

the secret storage is unlocked if you have a second floor!

i've been playing for years and i never knew they actually send you letters about your debt what the..

They do? Cause as I know there is no deadline set when I should clear all payment (what I mean if you take forever to pay all)

I didn't know there was debt payment letters either. haha Maybe it was a joke. :p I guess I'll see.

Altho u have all almost convinced me. lmao I probably will eventually.

Back