• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What has kept you playing?

Moritz

Bells
Tasty Cake
I just got back in to the game these last few weeks.
In fact my love of the game got so extreme I actually bought a new 2ds (partly because i love the orange and white) because it had Amiibo functionality and I could invite Colton into my town. Just need the Flip Amiibo now and I will be a happy man.
I'm pleased to see the game still has a dedicated fan base but I was just wondering what makes all of you keep at it even though its been a good few years since its release.

Landscaping and completion of badges/mini games, etc. I literally just stripped my town of all the flowers and I'm pretty soon going to be chopping down a bunch of trees and replanting them because what I have right now I'm not happy with and I want it to make it look like an overgrown forest. I have put so many flowers away in storage as well. Also I ordered 4 amiibo cards to scan in so I'm waiting for them so that I can move them in

An overgrown forest sounds amazing.
One thing that gets on my nerves is seeing all these perfectly aligned towns which lack an organic feel to them.
If I could get over how primitive it feels in comparison I would love to try out the original AC for how it feels just like a strange animal forest. Or at least thats how it feels from seeing youtube videos aha Is that what you're going for? :)

I only started in November of last year, so badge completion, new villager cards/befriending my villagers, and continued improvement of my house is what keeps me going :)

As corny as it sounds - this game holds a huge place in my heart, for countless reasons. I love devoting my time to it and its no doubt my most favorite game

Not to mention I also have plenty in the game to complete, like my encyclopedia and badges!

I've had ACNL since it first came out, and I ended up deleting my very first town, and the one that followed... my town right now has the island, all the shop upgrades etc but I never really got into seriously pathing/landscaping so I'm trying that out right now. Also I just love meeting all the villagers! However I took a really long break from the game, like over a year, so I haven't necessarily been playing all these years. But I'm glad I got back into the game.

An overgrown forest sounds amazing.
One thing that gets on my nerves is seeing all these perfectly aligned towns which lack an organic feel to them.

What if they're aligned because they're in a city? I'm trying to make a city but it's not going very well...

Landscaping/gardening, interior design, chatting with my cute villagers. :)

1) I really enjoy interacting with my villagers.

2) It's a calming, relaxing game, and my life is pretty stressful right now. I can't really mess up in Animal Crossing, you know? There's no "wrong way" to play, no Game Over moment.

3) It's highly customizable, and I love getting to take the elements of a video game and make them my own. I like trying new things in town and designing everything slowly and methodically. Planning and organizing are so much fun to me, and AC plays into that.

Back