• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I don't understand why Tucker isn't more popular

Strawberryllama

Cherry 🍒
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0068-2377-7315
White Violet
Coco
White Pansy
Purple Candy
White Lily
Winter Mittens
April Birthstone (Diamond)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Everyone loves the "unique" animals, like Flora the flamingo, Julian the unicorn, and Phoebe the phoenix. That being said, why doesn't Tucker get any love? HE'S A FREAKIN MAMMOTH.

I love his design, he was my dreamie for the longest time! But when I finally got him into my town we really didn't connect. It felt like he wasn't supposed to be here. I was sad about that for the longest time because he is so cool!

Elephants in general don't seem to be very popular. I also am surprised I don't see Drago more often because he is a freaking dragon! So cool! Oh well, it just makes it even more special when you see someone who loves that villager :D

Guess it's cause people think he's ugly? (Sorry but I actually do....)
However, some people have actually requested me to scan his card into my old cycling town, so I guess he does get some attention.

I agree. I love his character design and I would get him in my town if I had room. I like Drago too!

Personally I'm not the biggest fan of him because I like them cute but if he was in my town he would probably be towards the last that got kicked out because he does look special.

Tucker isn't popular because he's a big,hairy elephant.A lot of people who play this game have a thing about the bigger villagers.They don't think the large villagers are cute or they don't like having villagers with too much of a size differential in their town. Tutu is the only polar bear in the game but she isn't all that popular.If she was a polar bear cub then a lot more people would be interested in her.

Tucker isn't popular because he's a big,hairy elephant.A lot of people who play this game have a thing about the bigger villagers.They don't think the large villagers are cute or they don't like having villagers with too much of a size differential in their town. Tutu is the only polar bear in the game but she isn't all that popular.If she was a polar bear cub then a lot more people would be interested in her.

^^ Also this got me thinking.. I know people have said they want puppies and kitties in the game but how CUTE would a baby elephant be.. id die

I dont know, I have Dizzy in my town and his so adorable but Tutu is really ugly in my opinion.

I dont know, I have Dizzy in my town and his so adorable but Tutu is really ugly in my opinion.

I didn't use Tutu as an example based on whether people think she's ugly or attractive.It's about size.Generally,the cubs are a lot more popular than the big bears.By the way,I also have Dizzy and he's one of my favorites.

I think Dizzy is the closest to a baby elephant in the game. His initial phrase "woo-oo" imitates the sounds a baby elephant makes, and he's very childlike and cute!

Tucker is all right but is not one of the more appealing elephants IMO, especially with Dizzy, Tia, Margie, and Chai in the mix.

I kind of object to the Tutu analogy - It's more that she isn't as popular in these forums. In Miiverse, however, I see many players that love Tutu all the time!

(This includes me ;_; )

Last edited:
I think Dizzy is the closest to a baby elephant in the game. His initial phrase "woo-oo" imitates the sounds a baby elephant makes, and he's very childlike and cute!

Tucker is all right but is not one of the more appealing elephants IMO, especially with Dizzy, Tia, Margie, and Chai in the mix.

I think that is part of why I love him so much.
He isn't the cutest on the outside but on the inside he makes my town so much better for it.

I am so happy this post was made because I have been saying for a long time how I think Tucker is superrrr underrated. He's a mammoth, come on!

I love him and have him in my town, he's one of my absolute favorites.

I like Tucker and all but his sleepy purple eyes bug me a bit and he's just not my favorite to talk to I guess? Idk I want to enjoy him more than I do but I just can't get there lol

I kind of object to the Tutu analogy - It's more that she isn't as popular in these forums. In Miiverse, however, I see many players that love Tutu all the time!

(This includes me ;_; )

vN3Ebob.jpg
Tutu has been in my town for almost four years and I know what kind of a villager she is.I used her as an example because she,like Tucker,is unique among her own species and I would think that she'd be more popular because of that.

Once again the trends of "cute" dominate over the true unique appearances of villagers.

Tucker is a MAMMOTH!

Tutu is a POLAR BEAR!

Drago is a DRAGON!

Tiffany is a chocolate dipped BUNNY!

But to some they aren't perfect and smol and cute - but the hamsters are ugly to these same people - even tho they are small -

Some people you just can't win.

Yet in conversations here privately or on side threads - people obviously adore some of these less than Tier 1 villagers.
There are others! We are not truly alone - there are the pink Kawaii towns trying to dominate the villager popularity.

Go Tucker! Go Tutu! Go Drago! And the others! We love you! :blush:

I don't see anything wrong with Tutu. I have Ursala and gladly welcome her, Tutu, and Pinky to my town.

Back