December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Blue Star Fragment
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Summer Shell
Blue Hybrid Rose
Love Ball
Blue Candy
Blue Hybrid Pansy
For the last 5 days, I have been breeding a fem more pink tulips... And I have only gotten 5 new ones. That is despite using fertilizer with the golden shovel. This is how it goes.

Before:

Tulip1.jpg

After:

Tulip2.jpg

It's so strange - I usually can get 5-6 Blue Roses in a single day with this layout. But pink flowers like this I cannot get consistently enough. Are there any tips for increasing their spawning rate?

Get rid of those red/white tulips before you start breeding. Also what I do what helps is I don't breed them in bunches like that. I have an area in town where I just have two purple tulips planted diagonally, two purple roses diagonally, and two purple cosmos diagonally, but spread apart from each other (I'm breeding purple at the moment) and even without fertiliser I have guaranteed 3 purple hybrids a day.

...Purple Cosmos? o.o

Purples are very easy to get once you get 2 of them, and my layout easily gets them, just like my Blue roses. Pinks, however, I'm seeing as very unstable. Do look again at the Before/after: The single pink one spawned right next to the red/white tulip, and the pink + pink areas gave me non-hybrids...

I guess I'll try spreading the pinks out into single pairs and see how it works.

...Purple Cosmos? o.o

Purples are very easy to get once you get 2 of them, and my layout easily gets them, just like my Blue roses. Pinks, however, I'm seeing as very unstable. Do look again at the Before/after: The single pink one spawned right next to the red/white tulip, and the pink + pink areas gave me non-hybrids...

I guess I'll try spreading the pinks out into single pairs and see how it works.

Ha I mean pansies :p

Ah I see. Maybe some colours are easier to breed than others, I'm not sure. But usually the two pair combo works well for me, even with other colours. I used to do this on the beach with different colour pairs but I eventually moved them right next to my house around a pond so it's easier to get to. How many hybrids do you water a day? I found that reducing the number helps to make sure you only breed those certain types.

Ha I mean pansies :p

Ah I see. Maybe some colours are easier to breed than others, I'm not sure. But usually the two pair combo works well for me, even with other colours. I used to do this on the beach with different colour pairs but I eventually moved them right next to my house around a pond so it's easier to get to. How many hybrids do you water a day? I found that reducing the number helps to make sure you only breed those certain types.

I only water the flowers I want to breed and nothing else. They are all usually surrounding fertilizer on some part of my beach, where villagers rarely trample on them. It increases the chance of spawning them, too: I usually get the maximum 6 flowers each day, as you can see in my picture.

But of the six, I only get 1 pink tulip, while most Blue/Black/Purple flowers gave me 4-6 hybrids daily. Orange flowers I tend to average 3 a day... Those pinks are rather stubborn. :/

Try spreading them out in an X pattern, giving space between the tulips. It can help <3
And yeah, only include pink tulips, no other flowers.

Try spreading them out in an X pattern, giving space between the tulips. It can help <3
And yeah, only include pink tulips, no other flowers.

Can you tell me how many you actually get a day just by doing that? I'm kind of skeptical.

Back