• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

interest/ideas for a beach town?

lemoncrossing

fairything
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1334-5403-6431
Tetris Grid
yup, i've decided to make yet another acnl town, and this time i'm going with a beach theme! i don't think that's a very common town theme, and since i can't find many ideas for it online, i was wondering if the tbt community had any to share! i'm also considering making a dream address for it, but i won't if nobody wants to see it, so you can lmk if you'd be interested! thank you~

A beach town would be cute! And you'd have plenty of themed villagers to choose from.

I'd be interested in seeing a beach town! I don't have any ideas, but I'll keep in it mind while playing and see if I think of anything. The only thing that immediately came to mind were some pwps such as fire pits, maybe some tiki torches, some picnic blankets maybe. Cool idea! Good luck. :)

A beach town would be cute! And you'd have plenty of themed villagers to choose from.

there are definitely a lot of villagers to pick from! at the moment i'm planning on having rod and bud (aming others that i can't think of right not lol)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd be interested in seeing a beach town! I don't have any ideas, but I'll keep in it mind while playing and see if I think of anything. The only thing that immediately came to mind were some pwps such as fire pits, maybe some tiki torches, some picnic blankets maybe. Cool idea! Good luck. :)

ohh the fire pits and tikis are good ideas!! thanks!

i'd sure love to see that once it's done! if you are able to hack, i'd put palm trees on land and stuff, though i've never been able to hack. there is also plenty of cute furniture to go with that theme! you could even make a little gift shop

I suggest lining up two Tiki Torches on the entrances of your beach.

I believe June the cub fits the theme well too! Also, the octopuses :)
Maybe having a sand QR like that famous egypt town? Maybe you could make a pirate character, or a sailor, or an islander :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and the Moai PWP!

Lots of benches to sit with island fruit as your predominant fruit! Like mangoes and durians, etc. The PWPs mentioned above would look really nice too. You could have a "foresty" area with some natural, ancient looking ones like the Moai statue and stone henge, and closer to your residents or town hall area you could have an area with picnic blankets and benches with fruit baskets next to them! It might be a tedious task, but if you're up for it you could try and get them to wear hawaiian shirts (either sending them through the mail or putting up a custom design at Mabels and hoping they pick it up and spread it around!) For your houses you could have a beach house, a surf/watersports centre, an indoor beach, etc.

The beach theme is super cute, I've seen a couple that area really amazing (most are hacked though so they can put the palm trees on the main land).

PWP: The picnic blanket, the tiki torches, the outdoor chair, the hammock, the bonfire, suspension bridges, the water fountain, totem poles and definitely a lighthouse!

Villagers: Bud, Marina, Octavian, Zucker, June, Some birds/eagles - almost anyone will fit!

You could make extra character houses along the beach like beach houses!

Great idea, heaps to work with! :)

Tiki items , Water fountains , Beach tiles , Beach shells , Palm trees , Sand Qr codes , Umbrellas , Picnic seat PWP , Tropical island fruits , Floral bushes , Beach pool Qr codes , Light house , Beach rugs Qr codes , Floaties , Tubes , Campground , tents , Beach ball , Flowers etc.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also a campfire would be great too.
PS didn't realize that most of my ideas are already mentioned lol! :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

Good luck and have fun decorating your town. :)

Last edited:
There is a list of all of the "islanders" from the GameCube AC (villagers who lived exclusively on the island, if you haven't played that one). --click here-- Many of them are still around in ACNL, though some are only via Amiibo cards. But any of them would make great beach town villagers! My top pick would be O'Hare. He's got the cute little straw islander hat, and his home interior is an island! :)

I second, third, whatever the idea of the torch PWPs being used as beach town tiki torches.

Last edited:
I think Keaton, Marina, and June would be 3 really awesome fits for your town!

O'Hare has a very tropical house and feel to him, I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned him yet. Also just lots of tropical trees and hibiscus, even if you can't get palms onto your mainland.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for all the ideas! I really like all of them and I'm gonna have way too much fun with this lol.

also i don't know if i'm allowed to talk about this here but yes i can hack and i'm planning on putting palms on the mainland

Last edited:
i'd sure love to see that once it's done! if you are able to hack, i'd put palm trees on land and stuff, though i've never been able to hack. there is also plenty of cute furniture to go with that theme! you could even make a little gift shop
Wish you could plant the beach palms in the South part of your town, same way as the cedars, but the opposite.

I'd use lots of lilies and violets of super vibrant colours (red, orange, yellow, maybe some black, etc), hibiscus/hydrangea bushes, lots of the tropical fruit you get from the island (lychees, mangoes, etc), wooden boardwalk-esque paths, and a generally overgrown vibe!
If you're planning on hacking, putting a couple rocks/some bamboo in the water, and placing some palm trees on the mainland wouldn't hurt either :>

I don't know if you can do this hacking-wise but maybe instead of a waterfall connecting the river to the beach, just make it so that the river runs off into the beach water. Kind of like a saltwater marsh.

Back