• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Snooty and Cranky villagers too nice?

ctar17

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1638-5772-1014
So I remember back in WW and CF the snooty and cranky villagers were mean. Younger me would avoid them because they were meaner than the others. Now in NL, they are super nice? I kinda wish they were a bit meaner tbh. It really made them unique. Harder for me to tell the difference between villager types now. Anyone else notice this and wish they were like they used to be?

I feel like I remember this too?? Especially for the Cranky ones. I liked the ugh don't have time for you type of attitude!

Exactly ! When I first bought NL I expected them to be mean, but I was surprised. The way they were before was original, and kinda cool but I don't really mind this change. :)

I wish they were meaner, too. Like they actually had to warm up to you before they were nice.

Unfortunately they softened up the dialogue in newer versions of Animal Crossing to be more family friendly. It's sad, I liked how brutally honest they were before, lol.

Unfortunately they softened up the dialogue in newer versions of Animal Crossing to be more family friendly. It's sad, I liked how brutally honest they were before, lol.

Me too! Especially in the GameCube version, they were so savage!

yea like with pecan and blaire, both adorable squirrels, i never knew the two of them were snooty. i had them both in my town for months until i finally researched them and found out they were both snooty, my jaw dropped. i literally thought they were both normal! theyre so sweet and adorable i never would've guessed!

I remember the snooty villagers would tell it like it is! If they didn't like you, they would let you know! Although I did have Mint in both my WW and CF towns, and she is snooty, but she was one of my nicer snooty villagers, and I actually liked her. I could tell she was snooty. Always up in my business and such, but she wasn't mean to me. The jocks too also talked about working out a lot more back then than in NL.

I remember then being much meaner and rude, yeah, and that was awesome, but it's not all an unwelcome change for me, I must say. It's kinda nice to be able to get along with them much easier and not have to worry about getting on their nerves so much.

This is one thing I really hate bout new leaf. The snooties, crankies, and uchis are nice and the other villager types are even nicer. It's so boring. There's also a huge lack of dialogue. I can talk to a villager 3 times and already hear all the interesting or 'new' things they will say that day.

It would be nice to feel like they still had to warm up to you. I like being on genuinely friendly terms with the Snooties and Crankies – I wouldn't want them to stay snide and aloof forever – but it'd be really cool to see their demeanor shift as you spend more time in town. A Cranky could say, "Wait, that was you who funded our new clock? Maybe you're not so bad! GAHAHA!" or "When you first showed up, I didn't want anything to do with you. But I bet you can't remember that!"

Agree so much, I remember when snooties got angry at you on ACGC they would tell you to stop breathing their air and that you were a waste of space. Now they're just "I need some space right now because I'm so angry" with a blank expression. It takes so much personality out of them and makes them much more boring.

People claim they uchi villagers to be rude but they're nothing. Playing the older games shows otherwise.

Last edited:
This is one thing I really hate bout new leaf. The snooties, crankies, and uchis are nice and the other villager types are even nicer. It's so boring. There's also a huge lack of dialogue. I can talk to a villager 3 times and already hear all the interesting or 'new' things they will say that day.

Honestly! I remember playing Wild World and feeling like they always had new things to say. I also experience this lack of dialogue to the EXTREME in NL because half of my villagers are the same personality type. xD I hope they add some fresh new variety to the dialogue in the next installment of the series.

To me, this is the biggest flaw in new leaf imo. The dialogue aspect of this game is extremely watered down and I find myself not talking to the villagers as much compared to when I first got the game. Everyday I see the same things being repeated, it's too polite and such, I really wish it was like gamecube. That's what always drives me back to the older games, the dialogue system is just bad in this game.

They were way meaner in the Gamecube one haha

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can say, though, that new leaf is more therapeutic than the Gamecube one because someone I just want to talk to someone nice

Talking to villagers is boring. I remember on population growing Butch and Grizzly were MEAN. Not too bad considering it is rated E but they were not nice at all.

I recall having Tangy, Cookie, Butch, Grizzly, Pinky, Eunice, and Carrie

Butch was a favorite for me but he was definitely rude, and thats why I liked him. Cookie was my second favorite, and I'm not sure if she is snooty but on NL I feel like she is much more self absorbed than normal. But they don't say much new things like they did on the older versions... *sigh*

i never played the other games but if they were mean i would be upset. olivia keeps sending me letters saying i insulted and pitied her when i said her house was great and i don't even like that. why would i want someone to be mean to me in game? people are mean outside all the time i don't need video game people to be mean to me too

They're way too nice. I remember playing when I was little, and Butch always yelling at me. I miss it lol

I did not play old ANs like City Folk and Wild World, but my only villager with that personality(Harry) can be extremely cute most of the time. He was rude only once, when he wanted to sell me a fake art and I refused to buy it, he told me he would find "another fool" to fall into his. First I was shocked, then laughed. He did not miss the opportunity to be a complete ******* and I will not miss the opportunity to get him out of here. ;)

Back