cliche towns

I Somehow agree and disagree with the you.
First of all. I HATE HATE HATE Pastels. Especially pink. Yuck! I Prefer rich colors rather than faded. such as Reds , Greens , Browns , Oranges , Yellows , Blues.

Pink pathway , Pink furniture , Pink blossom trees I give these a big fat nO.
Keep in mind that I do like some pink but not everything.

Regarding tier 1 villagers. I have to admit that I really hate seeing the same villagers over and over again.
I don't understand the craze about marshal. Yes he is cute but not the cutest. The only FORUM-er I know who actually loves marshal wether he is tier 1 or tier 100 is ''ThatOnemMarshalFanGirl''. *Sorry if I misspelled your name wrong.* She loves him because he's cute. NOT Because he's tier 1.

Ive seen MANY MANY MANY People wanting marshal because he's tier 1.
I have to admit that I Was about to purchase his amiibo card for 30$ but thankfully. I stopped and realized that I am not a HUGE fan of him.

After all. Its not my town its their town. As long as they are happy with it thats what matters. Play and have fun.

@Pancake225
Wait Marshals tier 1? He just moved in a few days ago...I guess I'm lucky.

Plot resetting is super annoying and time consuming lol. It's when you continually reset the game to get the villagers house to move until its in the place you want it to be c:

Oh gosh that sounds dreadfully time consuming. I just let my animals go where they please. If I can choose where I live, they should be able to choose where they live. ^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes you are. Marshal is the most wanted villager in the game.

Holy. Cr@p. I'll keep that in mind if he ever wants to leave 0-0"
Edit: Just to be clear, we're talking about a white squirrel with an angry face? How is he so popular? I can understand Chrissy, fitting with many themes, Goldie/Biskit, with their cute pupper selves. But Marshal??

Last edited:
Oh gosh that sounds dreadfully time consuming. I just let my animals go where they please. If I can choose where I live, they should be able to choose where they live. ^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Holy. Cr@p. I'll keep that in mind if he ever wants to leave 0-0"
Edit: Just to be clear, we're talking about a white squirrel with an angry face? How is he so popular? I can understand Chrissy, fitting with many themes, Goldie/Biskit, with their cute pupper selves. But Marshal??

Yes yes. I honestly don't understand. LOL. He's cute but not the cutest.

9Bh9Yda.png

Last edited:
I was wondering if my name would come up in that rant about Marshal. LMAO. It's true though, I only like him because he's an adorable little fluffbutt.

Every town basically, too many people play this game for there to be anything truly unique.

But to answer a bit more seriously, it's a tie between spring towns and horror town. I had a spring town on my old copy and I'm currently making one now, but even I can admit it's clich?. As for horror towns, after Aika village people began making them out of the wazoo. They're everywhere now.

Although it's a cliche, I'm particularly fond of them! The Japanese towns (Japanese players really do not kid around when it comes to decoration!!! wow!!!) with hybrid flowers paths, sakura tree circles and fairy flowers everywhere are very beautiful to me! and their towns are usually filled with peppy villagers, I love it! But I'm fond of pink and frilly so. :3

Fairytale pink towns and foresty towns are the most cliche, but I like them both. :) I'm turning Lullaby into a woodland storybook sort of themed town, which I think falls under the forest cliche. haha

Tbh overgrown hacked forest towns are incredibly cliche. The same goes for pastel spring towns.

However every town is different and the creators spend countless hours on their towns, and even though towns look pretty similar, no two towns are identical, so we should just appreciate the work that each person puts into their towns.

that statement was full of cliche oh my goshh

Pink towns/Kawaii towns/ Towns that have those same old villagers!: My name is Princess Sugar bear, My favorite color is Bubblegum and I live in a pink house surrounded with pink flowers (or all hybrids). My town's paths are usually some bright pastel color and did I forget i'm Princess from a kingdom called 'Pastelpink'
Diana is my bestie and Marshal is my bae and if anyone insult then I'll will beat them with a lollipop.

(I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense, I was trying to be funny.)

I died too

i mean the game is nearly five years old... it makes sense that there aren't as many unique town ideas anymore :p

Pastel towns. I was about to make one but I decided to change it into a city of modern and marble. I like the look of marble paths and decided to change my old pastel diamond paths into those instead.

Also I don't mind empty towns. Most people do it for the 5,000 bells and plus, there's a sort of nostalgic feeling when you get to see untouched grass and scattered houses. But it's just me though.

Also there is a reason so many popular villagers occupy their towns. I only chose my dreamies because of their house exteriors so some maybe popular (Whitney, Skye, Punchy) while I have some that are the bottom of the barrel (Tex, Ursala, Wendy).

*internal screaming
i'm doing a forest town though- no hacks ;w; they can be pretty!

People are just as free to dislike any kind of town and express that as other people are to create those towns in the first place. Subjective opinions.

Not sure if it's cliche. But hacked towns, and towns that have something on EVERY SINGLE TILE
Otherwise if it's nicely done then who cares if it's cliche

Also for not majorly decorated towns you have to remember that a lot of young kids play this game and not everyone accesses sites like tbt and therefore may not realize the potential - and probably just want to experience the game for it's entirety.
Let kids be kids

I'm sure people would see Salem as being clich?, given that it's casual with fairy tale elements. And Hollowyn was shaping up to be a traditional forest town (before I stopped playing and it is now probably such a mess I'm afraid to check it). It's okay though, because I'm the one who sees it every day, so I'm putting things I like into it.

Back