• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

cliche towns

HungryForCereal

if it was you I'd never want to leave...
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pink Summer Shell
Mint
Pavé
what are some town themes that you find cliche? everytime i visit a dream town its always cherry blossoms. cherry blossom towns are nice but theres too many of them and im sick of them already.

Last edited:
Those fairy forest towns with mushroom fairy circles and lots of weeds everywhere, usually hacked. There's usually a witchy character with similar names/houses to other towns I've seen with this theme. I've seen some great ones, some meh ones.

Pink towns/Kawaii towns/ Towns that have those same old villagers!: My name is Princess Sugar bear, My favorite color is Bubblegum and I live in a pink house surrounded with pink flowers (or all hybrids). My town's paths are usually some bright pastel color and did I forget i'm Princess from a kingdom called 'Pastelpink'
Diana is my bestie and Marshal is my bae and if anyone insult then I'll will beat them with a lollipop.

(I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense, I was trying to be funny.)

i think the most cliche towns are the ones with the same villagers- the marshal, stitches, ankha, merengue, diana, julian, lucky, lolly, marina, fang combo, i guess. whenever i go to a dream town, nearly always, i'm met with this same band of villagers. don't get me wrong, i do like some of the really cliched villagers, but it would be nice to see a different mix more often :')

the towns with nothing/no decorating to em

Pink towns/Kawaii towns/ Towns that have those same old villagers!: My name is Princess Sugar bear, My favorite color is Bubblegum and I live in a pink house surrounded with pink flowers (or all hybrids). My town's paths are usually some bright pastel color and did I forget i'm Princess from a kingdom called 'Pastelpink'
Diana is my bestie and Marshal is my bae and if anyone insult then I'll will beat them with a lollipop.

(I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense, I was trying to be funny.)

i died

I haven't visited a lot of towns, but I have seen a few Japanese zen towns..

Hyrule/Legend of Zelda themed.

I get that the games are awesome and all, but it'd be cool to see other fandoms represented.

Yeah those pastel towns, admittedly I had one but mine was at least a bit different. Or the hacked towns where it's all money trees and gold roses. Like good for you, you can hack, big applause...

To be honest, like really honest: every town is a cliche. :)
Especially those ones you can easily fine though Luna picking a random town.

Pink towns with Marshal, Whitney and Diana. We get it, you like pink and cute. Groundbreaking...

Every time I go to a random dream town I just see extremely underdeveloped towns with varying levels of trash laying around. I always feel mean for this but every time I can't help thinking "why would you upload your town when you haven't done anything and just leave items everywhere?"

not really worth the 500 bells haha

If I'm being honest, my town is mostly pink and I have a few "popular" villagers (obsessed with the wolves aha) but it really makes me mad when people strive to only have top tier villagers in their town. Like I hate seeing the same 10 villagers over and over and over. Be a little creative! There are tons of cute lower tier villagers

Last edited:
I just wanted to pop in and say that it's not really fair to not like town because of its villagers. It's like telling the owner, "Oh, you spent countless hours making your town look good? Well screw you, your villagers are terrible so your town is terrible too." That's just my opinion. :/

Oh...You have no idea of the flood gates you've opened for me...
Forest Towns: I'm making one, but I'm talking about the ones with barely any color. The ones saved when it's cloudy, night or raining. Usually accompanied by a cabin set in a cabin house. You need clovers everywhere and cedars, bushes, saplings and little flowers, usually black, white or yellow.
Pastel Towns: Usually you can find Chrissy and Francine here. Along with eye-hurting colors. Typically saved when it's cherry blossom season, and pink, purple and white flowers (usually roses) are everywhere. Bonus points if you get an outfit, a ballet outfit.
Overly Hacked Towns: Hacked towns are fine, if done correctly. The towns where the houses are so perfectly aligned, there are very restricting paths, all the top tier animals, 5 town trees. Just...no.
"No Effort But I still made a DA" Towns: They look like you just started. The paths are a mess and trees and flowers are everywhere.
Whew...thanks for letting me vent there. Have a great day!!

everytime i visit a dream town its always cherry blossoms. cherry blossom towns are nice but theres too many of them and im sick of them already.
Those fairy forest towns with mushroom fairy circles and lots of weeds everywhere, usually hacked. There's usually a witchy character with similar names/houses to other towns I've seen with this theme. I've seen some great ones, some meh ones.

Ugh exactly this. I find town's covered in cherry blossoms and over-designed, it's too much. And the foresty-hacked ones is very overused, it's stupid now. Plus it's so obvious to tell the whole entire thing was hacked.

It's not that I don't like the towns themselves if they have all top tier villagers, it's just that I get a sense of the person behind and kind of all judgmental-ly.

Yep, and I think those are two major cliches: the fairytale/princess/pinkness and the overgrown/forest/hacked. Although I admit my town is pretty foresty and clover-filled haha (though I lack the wherewithal to hack).

Pink towns. They are lovely but there are a billion of them. Or the typical forest town with the top 10 most popular villagers. Nothing unique about those towns imo but they can still be fun to look at! After all, there is only /so/ much you can do.

The cherry blossomed pastel pink fairy tale themed ones with pink and white hybrids everywhere with lots of pink PWPs. As well as pink houses and the tier 1 villagers like Diana, fang, marshal, stitches, merengue, fauna, lolly, Julian, marina, ankha, etc. I see a lot of towns with those villagers and don't get me wrong they're cute villagers but I see them too much and I would like something more spicey.. you know?

the game has been out for so long that nearly everything has been done before. honestly, each town is it's own and most people are really proud of their towns so we probably shouldn't say a certain type of town is boring or bad, and just.. oh i don't know.. support each other?

Last edited:
Back