• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Writers Unite!

KaydeeKrunk

The Late Great Turt
Peach 🍑
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
So I wanted to make a space for writers to share their work with each other so we can ask for critique and read each other's stuff!

It doesn't matter what you write, anything from lyrics, to novels, poems or anything in-between!

Feel free to post excerpts(because there is a word limit for posts) or links to your stuff. I suggest writing a blurb about what your writing is when linking, as in genre and topics, and please tag things that have NSFW/Mature stuff in it!

Use spoilers for long things so you don't take over a whole page please!

Please be nice! Critique is one thing, but ripping someones writing to shreds is another, so please don't be a jerk to anyone!

(Mods please move this to the Museum if you think it's better suited for there!)

Here's a rough excerpt from a zombie apocalypse novel I have been working on for a long while.
I headed up the stairs to a short hallway, directly across from the stairs was a small narrow bathroom, all in pink, next to the bathroom on the right side of the hallway was a room filled with posters and a twin bed, obviously belonging to a kid, the windows weren't boarded up so the room was brightly lit by the sun, there were posters of movies I recognized, animal print everything, on the bed and curtains, even the chair at the computer. On a bookshelf with scarce books there were all sorts of little knick-knacks, pictures of teenage girls smooshing their faces together, pursing their lips. It reminded me so much of being able to live like a real human, having things, friends, real clothes, a bed to sleep in, a place to call home. I missed it all so much. All I had now was a car full of expired food and a head full of bad memories. Ok, they weren't all bad, but the only ones that I could go to were the bad ones because they were so clear and plenty. I ran my thumb over the dusty adolescent faces and saw in the glass my dirt covered, and badly sunburned face reflecting back.

Across the hall from the girl's room was a door that was locked. It wasn't a key lock, but one of those simple pin poke locks. I ran my hand along the door frame and heard the small "key" hit the floor, in my house I had taken all the keys off the top of the doors so no body would come into my room when I didn't want them too. I pushed the tool into the hole a few times before hearing the lock pop-out on the other side. I opened the door to the dark room, the windows boarded up unlike the girl's bedroom, I could hardly see the shadows of what was in the room. My hand instinctively went to the light-switch, which to my surprise after flickering for a second, turned on. I noticed the humming of a generator starting up in the back of the house. Now with the light I could see the papers completely littering the room. Newspaper clippings from the beginning, all sorts of scientific problems scrawled out all over them, pictures, so many pictures, a lot of infected people, graphic pictures. It was almost too hard to look at but it was like walking into my father's work. A large white board with lines connecting maps and lots of scientific words I didn't understand, along with the spreading rate graphs that I had remembered seeing on the news.

There was a large desk with an old computer, the kind everyone had in the 90's, with the 20 pound big cube monitor, in the corner of the room was a large black safe. I pushed around papers looking for the code, and I could think was that somehow miraculously there would be weapons or medicine or anything that would come in use to me in the safe. It had big silver push buttons for a code and one of those cartoony spinning wheels that you see on bank vaults in tv shows. I saw a few different numbers that I thought were right, but the safe disagreed by beeping very loudly in retort. I realized that by the key pad there was a key hole and realized how stupid I was, I reached in my pocket to grab the set of keys and thumbed through them seeing if any of them had safe written on it, there were two. I tried the first one but it was much too small for the keyhole and just kind of jiggled around inside of the hole, so I tried the other key and the screen of the keypad flashed "OPEN."

I turned the wheel and felt the lock release. I opened the heavy metal door and a swarm of flies came pouring out, as I was swatting them away from my face I saw her in the back of the safe, the girl from the pictures in the other room. She was curled up, holding a rifle to her chest, I could see now the light from the room beaming in through five or six drilled holes in the side of the safe, no doubt put there so she could breath. Next to her a few empty bags with scraps of food in them and a few empty bottles of water. It smelt awful as I ducked into the safe to retrieve the gun and the box of ammo that she had next to her, and almost slipped on whatever liquefied remains were all over the floor. I saw written on the wall of the safe, "I love you daddy, I forgive you." I quickly ducked back out of the safe and slammed the door behind me, more flies spat out of the holes on the side. I hurried out of the room locking it behind me before I closed it, I didn't want to go back in there, I didn't want to think about how long she sat in there waiting for him to come back, I couldn't, I just couldn't.

Untitled, unfinished start of a horror story...

If people like it, there's more. Critique and feedback appreciated.

I've never really believed in the paranormal, but after the events of the last week, I've become a little less sceptical. Or at the very least, I'm going insane... but that wouldn't account for the things my friends have experienced in the last week, but I guess there's a slim possibility that we're all going a little crazy. Regardless of if I'm crazy or not, I need to write what has been happening, otherwise I will definitely go crazy. Maybe things won't seem so messed up, or that things might make some sort of sense. Though honestly, I don't care at this point. I just need to get things out.

I suppose I should start at the beginning, before things went weird. My girlfriend and I were driving around, going to various garage sales, looking for bits and pieces to decorate our new house and to celebrate our first place of our own. At one place, my girlfriend found an old porcelain doll with striking red hair, emerald green eyes, and was wearing in what one could describe as a red and white gothic-lolita dress. Some of the paint had chipped of its nails, the lace on the bottom of the dress was a bit yellowed, and there was a small crack on the left cheek, but otherwise the doll was in fairly good condition. Admittedly, porcelain dolls always creeped me out, but with Halloween approaching, and my girlfriend said that it would make a great decoration for our Halloween party, we bought the doll.

When we got home, my girlfriend took the doll to the laundry to give it a bit of a clean, and while inspecting the dress, she noticed that one of the pockets that we assumed to be just a false embroidered pocket, was an actual pocket with a piece of paper inside. Despite the age of the doll, the paper looked fairly new, and just had the words "I'm sorry. Forgive me. Abby." scribbled on it. We thought it was odd for the note to be in the pocket, but we really didn't take much notice of it, assuming it to be some apology for the damage to the doll, or that the doll was originally a gift to the owner as an apology. After cleaning up the doll, my girlfriend placed the doll on the mantelpiece over the fireplace in our lounge, next to our other Halloween decorations.

After dinner, my girlfriend wasn't feeling too well, probably due to the fast food we had for dinner, so she had an early night, while I stayed up in our study, watching videos and surfing the internet. At about 11pm, while I was playing a game, I heard a noise in the house that sounded like a faint sobbing. Thinking that it was my girlfriend feeling more ill than I thought she was, I paused my game and went to the bedroom, only to find my girlfriend dead asleep and hogging the entire bed. Returning to the study, I started playing my game again, only to hear the sobbing noise once more. Pausing my game, I listened out for the noise, but the house was dead quiet. This happened a few times, with each time the sobbing getting louder, but immediately stopping every time I paused my game. After about the 5th or 6th time, I started to get a little creeped out, because I knew the sound wasn't a part of my game, partly because it was an action shooter game filled with guns firing and the odd profanity, and partly because I've played the game a few times before, so I knew what sort of noises to expect from it.

Blaming the noises I was hearing to stress from work and lack of sleep, I decided it was about time to call it a night, since I had to be up in about 5 hours. After shutting down my computer and closing the door to the study, I heard a crash coming from the lounge. After hearing the sobbing sounds from before, a part of me was a little on edge and freaked out, but a greater part of me was more angry that someone might have broken into my house. Slowly creeping towards the lounge, my eyes adjusting to the dark, I could clearly see what had caused the noise. In front of the fireplace, a few of the Halloween decorations had fallen onto the floor. I was a little surprised how they had fallen off of the mantelpiece, until I saw what might have caused it. Somehow, the porcelain doll must have fallen forward, dragging with it a cord that was draped over the mantelpiece, which in turn would have forced the decorations off the mantelpiece. As crazy as that theory was, it was the only thing that made sense, especially given the eerie evidence dangling in front of me. The only thing from the mantelpiece that wasn't on the floor, was the doll. Instead it was swaying in front of the fireplace, with the cord wrapped around its neck.

I knew that theory didn't make sense, but I wanted it to make sense. Dolls creep me out enough as it is, and I didn't want to begin thinking that this doll had just tried to commit suicide. As much as I didn't want to touch the doll, I knew I couldn't just leave things as they were in case my girlfriend woke up in the middle of the night and had a heartache from the scene. Slowly, and carefully, I placed all of the decorations back onto the mantelpiece, including the doll. After staring at the doll for what seemed like minutes, I rearranged it as to make it sit on the mantelpiece opposed to it standing as my girlfriend had left it. As an added precaution, I left the cord off of the mantelpiece, making note to possibly remove it after work tomorrow. Before heading to bed, I checked all of the doors and windows, and nothing seemed to be touched, so I just kept telling myself that my girlfriend just left the doll standing awkwardly as I fell asleep.

Untitled, unfinished start of a horror story...

If people like it, there's more. Critique and feedback appreciated.

I've never really believed in the paranormal, but after the events of the last week, I've become a little less sceptical. Or at the very least, I'm going insane... but that wouldn't account for the things my friends have experienced in the last week, but I guess there's a slim possibility that we're all going a little crazy. Regardless of if I'm crazy or not, I need to write what has been happening, otherwise I will definitely go crazy. Maybe things won't seem so messed up, or that things might make some sort of sense. Though honestly, I don't care at this point. I just need to get things out.

I suppose I should start at the beginning, before things went weird. My girlfriend and I were driving around, going to various garage sales, looking for bits and pieces to decorate our new house and to celebrate our first place of our own. At one place, my girlfriend found an old porcelain doll with striking red hair, emerald green eyes, and was wearing in what one could describe as a red and white gothic-lolita dress. Some of the paint had chipped of its nails, the lace on the bottom of the dress was a bit yellowed, and there was a small crack on the left cheek, but otherwise the doll was in fairly good condition. Admittedly, porcelain dolls always creeped me out, but with Halloween approaching, and my girlfriend said that it would make a great decoration for our Halloween party, we bought the doll.

When we got home, my girlfriend took the doll to the laundry to give it a bit of a clean, and while inspecting the dress, she noticed that one of the pockets that we assumed to be just a false embroidered pocket, was an actual pocket with a piece of paper inside. Despite the age of the doll, the paper looked fairly new, and just had the words "I'm sorry. Forgive me. Abby." scribbled on it. We thought it was odd for the note to be in the pocket, but we really didn't take much notice of it, assuming it to be some apology for the damage to the doll, or that the doll was originally a gift to the owner as an apology. After cleaning up the doll, my girlfriend placed the doll on the mantelpiece over the fireplace in our lounge, next to our other Halloween decorations.

After dinner, my girlfriend wasn't feeling too well, probably due to the fast food we had for dinner, so she had an early night, while I stayed up in our study, watching videos and surfing the internet. At about 11pm, while I was playing a game, I heard a noise in the house that sounded like a faint sobbing. Thinking that it was my girlfriend feeling more ill than I thought she was, I paused my game and went to the bedroom, only to find my girlfriend dead asleep and hogging the entire bed. Returning to the study, I started playing my game again, only to hear the sobbing noise once more. Pausing my game, I listened out for the noise, but the house was dead quiet. This happened a few times, with each time the sobbing getting louder, but immediately stopping every time I paused my game. After about the 5th or 6th time, I started to get a little creeped out, because I knew the sound wasn't a part of my game, partly because it was an action shooter game filled with guns firing and the odd profanity, and partly because I've played the game a few times before, so I knew what sort of noises to expect from it.

Blaming the noises I was hearing to stress from work and lack of sleep, I decided it was about time to call it a night, since I had to be up in about 5 hours. After shutting down my computer and closing the door to the study, I heard a crash coming from the lounge. After hearing the sobbing sounds from before, a part of me was a little on edge and freaked out, but a greater part of me was more angry that someone might have broken into my house. Slowly creeping towards the lounge, my eyes adjusting to the dark, I could clearly see what had caused the noise. In front of the fireplace, a few of the Halloween decorations had fallen onto the floor. I was a little surprised how they had fallen off of the mantelpiece, until I saw what might have caused it. Somehow, the porcelain doll must have fallen forward, dragging with it a cord that was draped over the mantelpiece, which in turn would have forced the decorations off the mantelpiece. As crazy as that theory was, it was the only thing that made sense, especially given the eerie evidence dangling in front of me. The only thing from the mantelpiece that wasn't on the floor, was the doll. Instead it was swaying in front of the fireplace, with the cord wrapped around its neck.

I knew that theory didn't make sense, but I wanted it to make sense. Dolls creep me out enough as it is, and I didn't want to begin thinking that this doll had just tried to commit suicide. As much as I didn't want to touch the doll, I knew I couldn't just leave things as they were in case my girlfriend woke up in the middle of the night and had a heartache from the scene. Slowly, and carefully, I placed all of the decorations back onto the mantelpiece, including the doll. After staring at the doll for what seemed like minutes, I rearranged it as to make it sit on the mantelpiece opposed to it standing as my girlfriend had left it. As an added precaution, I left the cord off of the mantelpiece, making note to possibly remove it after work tomorrow. Before heading to bed, I checked all of the doors and windows, and nothing seemed to be touched, so I just kept telling myself that my girlfriend just left the doll standing awkwardly as I fell asleep.

Creepy dolls are right up my alley! I want to read more of this!

now this is my kind of post! i'll remember this next time i mess around in google docs

Last edited:
Subscribing to this thread for some nice content :D I drabble here and there but if I ever write something that pleases me I'll be sure to post!

this is the content I like to see! I mainly write poetry! (which i post here)

I do have a short story I need to start redrafting so I haven't posted it anywhere, but I'll hopefully get around to that soon!

edit: I guess some of the poetry is mature content, but nothing is explicit

Last edited:
this is the content I like to see! I mainly write poetry! (which i post here)

I do have a short story I need to start redrafting so I haven't posted it anywhere, but I'll hopefully get around to that soon!

You're so pretty O.O oh and I checked out your poetry blog! You are very talented, so if you finish up your short story I'm interested in reading it! :D

You're so pretty O.O oh and I checked out your poetry blog! You are very talented, so if you finish up your short story I'm interested in reading it! :D

that was a fast reply.. ahh thank you so much! (I survive off of validation so honestly thank you) I'll try work on it some more this week but at the end of the week i'm on holiday for 2 weeks so I'll have tons of free time to work on it! Imve also got some more poetry I've been trying to work on so hopefully I can finish those up!

Last edited:
Go for it girl! I'll be excited to read :D I'm happy someone started up a writing thread on ACNL forums, especially because I always hear people making stories about their town/what goes on with their villagers. ^.^

EDIT: I'm subscribed to this thread, so when I'm online I get on the reply! :3

Last edited:
Been slowly going through and editing one of my stories, once I get further in and change some major things I've been meaning to change I'll post more but here's an excerpt. (Not the same story as before.)
I heard the door creak open and a more shriveled version of the man in the picture peered out. "Are you just gunna loiter in front of my house all day or what?" He said sternly. I glanced down at the ground, my words caught in my throat, then back at him, "Oh, I- I'm sorry, I don't know if you rememb-" "Of course I remember my only granddaughter, Max" He smirked and came off the porch towards me with his arms open. "Oh." I remarked, surprised, and opened my arms to receive the hug. "What are you doing here... and with luggage?" he looked down at the bags, I instantly started crying. "I'm, I'm so sorry, I didn't know where else to go, I-I can't go back home..." I broke down in front of him. "Oh sweetie, no no, it's ok! Come inside, come inside." he grabbed my duffle with one hand and use his other to lead me into the house. He fixed me a cup of tea and sat next to me in the living room in his recliner.

I told him everything, I felt obligated. About Angela and how much I loved her, and how it was probably only a matter of time before they found out anyways, and then I would have been in the same situation. He sighed, I figured he was about to tell me he didn't want me there either, or that he'd start yelling like my dad did. "I don't know where I went wrong with that boy of mine..." he shook his head. "You can stay here as long as you want, I mean hell, I welcome the company! After your daddy stopped talking to me a few years ago it's been awful lonely." He patted my thigh reassuringly. I smiled, sniffled, and sipped my tea. "If you haven't talked to him in so long how did you know I go by Max now?" "Ah, well just because we didn’t talk doesn’t mean I didn’t have a way to keep up with you." He pulled up a laptop from next to his chair. He opened it and tapped a few buttons then turned the screen to face me, it was one of my social media accounts. "You know this technology is amazing these days, I kept watch over you, your family, so at least I could see you every once in awhile. ‘Cause God knows I wanted to." He smiled and I smiled, the picture on my profile was a picture of Angela and I.

We became a big part of each other’s lives. He became the understanding father figure I never had, and my best friend. I learned that the reason my father had broken ties with him was because he was a distinguished scientist and my grandma had been a hardcore Christian, they both taught him each side and though they had things they agreed and disagreed on they never fought about it. My father strongly chose my grandma's side, and once she passed away my father became really bitter towards my grandfather. Talking to him less and less until not at all. My grandpa said he'd always been a stubborn boy but he still loved him, even now after being disowned.

After settling in I tried tracking down Angela online but she had basically disappeared, I later learned that her and her family moved out of state,last thing anybody heard from her she was being sent to a camp where they”pray the gay away. I started going to an alternative high school for my senior year, the learning was basically out of packets and online and I only had to go in once a week. There were maybe 5 kids in the class but I didn’t really make friends with any of them. With my grandpas help I got my GED in half the time. He even taught me how to drive his beat up old car. We’d watch tons of old movies and would just talk for hours. He'd discuss scientific theories and teach me things I would have never learned in school. He had a massive library full of books on every topic imaginable. We’d read them together and he would go on about the stuff that was junk and what was truth.

A while after graduating I got a part time job at a music store down the road from my grandpa's house, even though he told me I didn't need to waste my time with that because he'd take care of me. It wasn't long after that that the tables turned and it was me taking care of him. At first he was having a harder time getting around, his legs didn’t work as well and so he got a walker, he’d grumble every time I tried to help him saying "Oh don't you fuss over me." and shooing me with his hand. A few months later he had to get an oxygen tank to help him breath. First off he just needed it just at night and then he needed it 24/7, and more than once he had to go to the hospital to get fluid pumped out of his lungs. He would still drag himself into the library and work on stuff he was writing and tell me about the universe with his weak raspy voice. He'd cough a lot and I'd rush to him with water, "Oh don't you fuss over me." I started working less and less until not at all because he needed me at home, I would cook and clean and take care of him. It got to a point where he would lay in bed all day long and I would bring him his books from the library and he'd type away on his laptop, I'd hear him strain trying to get out of bed and I'd have to help him to the bathroom, weakly, he'd laugh and between breaths he'd say "Oh, don't you, fuss over, me."

One morning I went into his room with breakfast on a tray, "Alright I got the good stuff, Pops" he didn’t turn and sit up like usual. I set down the tray on his nightstand and saw his oxygen mask sitting on it. He didn't look right. I went over and touched his skin and it was cold, I hurriedly turned him over and his eyes were closed. I put my hand under his nose and there was no breath coming out. I touched his cold neck and couldn't find a pulse. I cried and through my tears managed to call an ambulance. When they got to the house they told me he had passed in his sleep, his mask likely fell off and he stopped breathing, but his mask was set on his nightstand, so I knew he had to have taken it off himself. After they took his body away I noticed his laptop halfway open next to where he was facing, I opened it and saw on the document he had been writing the last paragraph had been stopped mid sentence, he'd tabbed down a few lines and wrote, "She called me to heaven. Don't you fuss." I smiled and cried, closing the laptop and placing back on his bed.

In the kitchen I picked up the phone and dialed my old home number, the line rang, and rang, I could feel my voice quivering before I even spoke. "Hello." I heard the deep baritone of a voice I hadn't heard in over a year. "It's-" I didn't want to say who I was, I didn't want to feel the hurt of him hanging up on me, a tear rolled down my cheek "Yes? Hello, who is this?" he said sternly. I adjusted my voice so it didn’t sound like me,"I'm sorry to tell you that your father has passed." I waited a few seconds, hoping I could hear some sadness in his voice, some humanity so I could say who I was, so I could try to see them again. There was several seconds of silence. "Hmm, good." and then dial tone. I yelled angrily and threw the phone at the ground, the plastic casing shattered on the tile. I sunk down the wall onto the floor and held my knees, screaming and crying into them.

A lawyer came the next day and read Pops’ will, he was donating a nice portion of his money to a few charities but most of it was to go to me, even the royalties he got from the several books he wrote would go straight into an account that was now mine, the house, everything in it was mine as well. While it was surprising to see how well off he actually was, none of this was at all comforting to me. He wanted to be cremated and so that's all I did, I didn't hold a funeral, I didn't think he'd want one anyways, we were both lonely, we were both all the other had. I picked up the urn from the mortuary and buckled it into the passenger’s seat next to me, "I'll take care of you Pops." It was almost like I could hear him reply, "Don't you fuss."

Last edited:
I've wrote a LOT of stories, but they aren't exactly kid-friendly so I'll post the blurb to the one I'm writing at the moment.

HOMESTEAD MONSTER
A killer, dubbed the ?Homestead Monster?, was discovered in the year 2009. The body was found brutally slashed and strangled. The victim was an innocent girl. But who was the killer? This is his backstory and the events that led up to the tragic end of Anna Ricardo. This story will reveal not only an infamous monster?s backstory, but also his arrest, psychiatric evaluation, and his sentence. Will he be rehabilitated, or will he remain a monster for the remainder of his days?

I've wrote a LOT of stories, but they aren't exactly kid-friendly so I'll post the blurb to the one I'm writing at the moment.

HOMESTEAD MONSTER
A killer, dubbed the “Homestead Monster”, was discovered in the year 2009. The body was found brutally slashed and strangled. The victim was an innocent girl. But who was the killer? This is his backstory and the events that led up to the tragic end of Anna Ricardo. This story will reveal not only an infamous monster’s backstory, but also his arrest, psychiatric evaluation, and his sentence. Will he be rehabilitated, or will he remain a monster for the remainder of his days?

I'd be interested in reading more of this!

The next day, I went to work, trying to bury myself in paperwork and meetings, so that I could forget about the weird occurrences the night before. Unfortunately, any time I had a free moment to myself, I kept thinking about that doll swaying in front of the fireplace, like a lifeless corpse held afloat by hangman's noose. Every time that I closed my eyes, I could see the doll's cold dead glassy eyes staring at me, all the while I could hear its sobbing in my eyes. It felt as though as the more the day passed, the more I seemed to zone out and picture that doll in my mind. It was sometime in the late afternoon that the ringing of my phone snapped me back into reality, that I realised how affected and creeped out I was from the incident last night. As I answered the phone, I realised there was an open the word document on my computer that had the lines "I'm sorry. Forgive me. Don't leave. Love me." over and over again, however what made this worse was the caller on the phone. Before I could delete the words on the screen or even say hello to the caller, I could hear the familiar sobbing coming through the ear piece. My whole body froze as I could hear nothing but sobbing and the occasional whispered words of a woman crying "I'm sorry. Forgive me."

I wanted to say something. I wanted to slam the phone down. I wanted to ask who this was or why they were doing this. But all I could do was hold the phone to my ear, as I stared out across from my cubicle to the entire office. The entire office that was dark. And empty. But yet I didn't feel alone. Slowly turning around to survey the office, I realised that I couldn't hear the sobbing coming from the phone any more. Instead it was coming from a single silhouette of a figure down the corridor opposite my cubicle. I couldn't make out details, but I could tell it was a woman in a large Victorian style dress as she slowly approached. Her long hair draped over her face and shoulders, shoulders that shook with every sob and muffled whimper she was making. As she slowly stepped forward, moonlight shone through the slivers of the blinds, and instantly I recognised her as I a cold chill shot through my body.

The dark red curls of her hair. The white dress and red overcoat. The pale porcelain like skin. It was the doll. But it wasn't the doll. It... she? was in front of me, as a person. Crying for me to forgive her as she outstretched her pale arms towards me. Her delicate wrists covered in deep cuts that slowly dripped blood onto the carpet. Her emerald eyes stared at me with sadness and longing, as a single tear ran down her left cheek. I was frozen in terror, unable to move or speak. Every time I blinked, she seemed to meters closer to me than she should have been from her slow shuffle. Then I blinked one more time, and she was right in front of me, her cold lips a mere breathe away from mine as her eyes stared deep into mine. I felt my entire body tremble as she closed her eyes, pursing her lips for a kiss as she whispered "love me."

Suddenly I awoke to a colleague shaking me, with what could be described as a mixture of relief and terror on their face. Apparently I had passed out at my desk, with my temperature shooting well below normal and a cold sweat breaking out from head to toe. When I asked what time it was, it was barely even midday. Everything that I had just experienced didn't happen. The phone call. The woman. Being abandoned in the office. All of it was nothing but a fevered delirium from when I had passed out. My boss was insistent that I go to the hospital, because no one was able to wake me for a full 30 minutes when I was passed out, and was concerned that I might have something serious. Not wanting to sound crazy by saying it was because of a creepy doll, I told my boss it was probably due to stress from family issues and moving house, and that I would be fine. Despite my assurances, my boss sent me home early and told me to take a few days off to recover at the very least.

That fevered nightmare of the lady in white and red haunted my mind the entire drive home. Who was she? How was she the same as the doll in my house? What happened to her? And more importantly, what did she want? The more I tried to ignore those questions and push the nightmare out of my mind, the more she seemed to plague me. I lost track of how many times I thought I saw her out of the corner of my vision, standing amongst the crowds of the sidewalks or as a passenger in passing car, yet every time I looked, she was either not there or it was someone else that looked completely different. I honestly thought I was going insane, and the looks people gave me when they noticed me staring at them seemed to only confirm that.

When I finally pulled up on my drive way, I felt relieved and exhausted. Needing to collect myself and my thoughts, I let myself collapse against the steering wheel before getting out of the car. Closing my eyes, I just let my forehead press against the vinyl of the steering wheel, hoping that the coolness would somehow penetrate my skull and relax my thoughts. I wanted someone to tell me that I wasn't going insane. I wanted my girlfriend to wrap me in my arms and tell me that it was just stress from work getting to me.

What I didn't want was icy cold hands sliding around my waist. I didn't want breathing against my neck that was so cold, I could feel icicles forming on the hairs on the back of my neck. Slowly opening my eyes, all I could see was scarlet red hair draping around me. Feeling my breath caught in my throat, I was too terrified to turn around. I felt my lips tremble with fear as I felt her arms grip tighter around my body. I heard her sigh softly as she whispered into my ear "you don't need her... love me..."

Bumping this because I'd love to read more stuff, and I need to work on my own stuff, hopefully I'll be able to get my other stories off my old computer soon... -_-

Back