What kind of rooms do you have in your house?

Livvy

Ain't that just the way
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Blue Hybrid Rose
Famous Mushroom
Tasty Cake
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
I'm trying to decide what to do with mine. I just want a regular house. I'm thinking like... a living room as the main room, a bedroom, kitchen, but then I'm thinking maybe a library/office, a gym... maybe an art studio? I dunno. Wanted to get some ideas. :)

Also if you have done a lot of interior work and have a DA, I'd love to come see!

My house is a big WIP, but I have a normalish house that has a cozy cabin like living room, a kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my basement but in my back room I have a nursery type thing that's for like caring for the young. I'm quite proud of my house so far

My mayor's house in Stardew has a living room, kitchen, bathroom, library, bedroom, and kids room. You can visit my dream address in my signature if you want to take a look.

I used to make my house have different rooms like this in Wild World! I would have a living room at the front, a bedroom on the side, a bathroom on the other side, a kitchen upstairs and a backyard at the back.

I still have a backyard and bathroom now, but the rest of my rooms I fill with my favourite furniture :)!

Interesting topic!

I used to have a typical all themed room for all rooms in my mayor house but it appear to be too boring so I decided to at least make up some story out of it. Apparently, my mayor appear to be a fully respected person in her town as all villagers look up at her very much (villagers always compliment how big the house is from outside etc...) so this is how the interior story to be like:

Entrance room: A nice receiption area with piano to entertain visiting guest. Very luxury and mixture elegant feeling.
Right room: My mayor personal working space with recorder playing soothing music, some document work and basically a classic vintage type of working office.
Center room: A dessert cafe, for guest to enjoy their afternoon tea break.
Left room: A perfect beautiful indoor garden with bird chirping sound and music as well as Leif customized flower furniture to match the overall garden theme.
Upper room: My mayor sleeping chamber. Looking like a princess and also tv in the room for relaxing after a long busy working day.
Basement room: Teng teng! After visiting all the rooms that show how well living my mayor is, who knows the basement have the hidden secret of the mayor! Who apparently appear to work with some black market, earning all the corrupted money by paying con artist to draw fake painting! Now it all make sense!

2nd house: Another sub character to support the overall story
Entrance room: Appear to be a hotel lobby. So the whole building is actually a small inn in Windbell town for guest who wish to rest a night. Typical waiting area, receiption area and whatever is necessary for a lobby.
Right room: The public bath, that look like japanese public bathroom where you bath and soak in the pool (my fav area)
Center room: A buffet room running 24hrs eat-all-you-can (what make a hotel without buffet provided?!)
Left room: Game center. So hotel guest can spend their leisure day playing arcade and games there.
Upper room: Obviously the bedroom with 4 bunk bed and can fit up to 8 guests~ Cabinet, table, phone and all necessities is provided~
Basement room: The inn is runned by 1 staff hired by the mayor, whose responsiblity is take care and manage the whole inn ALL BY HIMSELF. However, he is not well treated but stay at a dirty, compact area of the nice looking inn. Cleaning and cooking as well as sleeping are all in one at this area.

I like how I make up this story so that I never get bored playing acnl (4 years into the game). I haven't exactly done the 2nd house so there is no updated dream address yet but if you re interested I can have it update and posted it up too^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

My opinion is: Make up a story and concept for your house, whether is good or bad or it represent who you are or type of personality you re implanting on your character, at least this make it alive and interesting^^

My mayor has mini-cafe room, kitchen room, living room, garden/camping area, bedroom and a private office at the basement.
My first alt character has a clinic, salon, asian-themed restaurant, office, spa/bathroom and a music lounge. Then my second alt has Toy Day room, nursery/playroom, witch-themed room, galaxy/futuristic-themed bedroom, classroom, and a food/arcade. If you want to take a look, my DA is 5F00-0020-2927

I just do themes for all of my rooms, I'm too lazy to customise my house. :)

I'm pretty boring to be fair as each room is generally just a theme. For example, my upstairs room has a Christmas theme, my basement a Halloween theme and my right room have the egg furniture (cause I personally find it adorable).

My mayor's house is just a regular house. I didn't want to expand it completely, so I combined the kitchen and living room in the main room. The backroom is a small bathroom, the upstairs room is my mayor's bedroom, and the basement is a pottery/art room. For my secondary character Mei, I wanted to design more "bedrooms" so I made her house into a bed and breakfast. There's 3 bedrooms but the backroom is her personal room. I also made a room for the kitchen and a larger bathroom in the basement. DA is in my signature if you want to check it out :>

I'm still working on mine, but it's pretty much a "normal" house.

Main room is a Victorian-inspired living room - ornate furniture (rococo right now, but I plan to mix in a few princess pieces later).

Back room is a kitchen with with a corner dedicated to laundry. I also keep my trash bin there for getting rid of unwanteds (tires, boots, rotten fruit).

Left room will be a library. I've got book shelves, a fireplace, globe, some art, cozy chairs. A lot of red and brown.

Right room is becoming an office. A seating area for meeting with clients in one corner (remade patchwork in red and beige), a desk and chair in another, plants, probably a computer/laptop of some kind, and filing cabinets.

Upstairs I put my bedroom suite. Mostly regal furniture (although I might mix something in later), but I also have my lovely phone and mannequins to hold outfits for upcoming days.

The basement is a bathroom spa. Since it's such a large room, it can have more stuff than a traditional bathroom. Everything is shades of white with just a couple of color bursts. I'm still looking for a couple of statues and a painting to put in there, and that'll finish it.

In my mayor's house, the first room is the main room, with a rococo/palace theme to it.
East room is a playroom, west room is a cafe, and the north room is a sunroom.
Top floor is my bedroom w/ Kiki/Lala & mermaid theme, and the basement is just a normal den. xD

In my second player's house, the whole house is Alice in Wonderland themed. So first room is eat me/drink me, east room is caterpillar's garden, west room is mad hatter's tea party, north room is cheshire cat's hideout. top room is queen of heart's chamber, bottom room is a shrine for rabbit

I'm thinking of doing a Hansel-and-Gretel themed house, with sweets and witch stuff

My mayor's house in Stardew has a living room, kitchen, bathroom, library, bedroom, and kids room. You can visit my dream address in my signature if you want to take a look.

I literally walked around Stardew like a couple hours before you posted. hahaha I loved it! Your house gave me some ideas for sure. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Interesting topic!

I used to have a typical all themed room for all rooms in my mayor house but it appear to be too boring so I decided to at least make up some story out of it. Apparently, my mayor appear to be a fully respected person in her town as all villagers look up at her very much (villagers always compliment how big the house is from outside etc...) so this is how the interior story to be like:

Entrance room: A nice receiption area with piano to entertain visiting guest. Very luxury and mixture elegant feeling.
Right room: My mayor personal working space with recorder playing soothing music, some document work and basically a classic vintage type of working office.
Center room: A dessert cafe, for guest to enjoy their afternoon tea break.
Left room: A perfect beautiful indoor garden with bird chirping sound and music as well as Leif customized flower furniture to match the overall garden theme.
Upper room: My mayor sleeping chamber. Looking like a princess and also tv in the room for relaxing after a long busy working day.
Basement room: Teng teng! After visiting all the rooms that show how well living my mayor is, who knows the basement have the hidden secret of the mayor! Who apparently appear to work with some black market, earning all the corrupted money by paying con artist to draw fake painting! Now it all make sense!

2nd house: Another sub character to support the overall story
Entrance room: Appear to be a hotel lobby. So the whole building is actually a small inn in Windbell town for guest who wish to rest a night. Typical waiting area, receiption area and whatever is necessary for a lobby.
Right room: The public bath, that look like japanese public bathroom where you bath and soak in the pool (my fav area)
Center room: A buffet room running 24hrs eat-all-you-can (what make a hotel without buffet provided?!)
Left room: Game center. So hotel guest can spend their leisure day playing arcade and games there.
Upper room: Obviously the bedroom with 4 bunk bed and can fit up to 8 guests~ Cabinet, table, phone and all necessities is provided~
Basement room: The inn is runned by 1 staff hired by the mayor, whose responsiblity is take care and manage the whole inn ALL BY HIMSELF. However, he is not well treated but stay at a dirty, compact area of the nice looking inn. Cleaning and cooking as well as sleeping are all in one at this area.

I like how I make up this story so that I never get bored playing acnl (4 years into the game). I haven't exactly done the 2nd house so there is no updated dream address yet but if you re interested I can have it update and posted it up too^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

My opinion is: Make up a story and concept for your house, whether is good or bad or it represent who you are or type of personality you re implanting on your character, at least this make it alive and interesting^^

This is such good advice! I love your story idea. I think I will try and come up with a story to inspire me as well. :)

My mayor's house I have a living room for the first room, the backroom is like a spa room, the left room is a cute cafe area, the right room is a diner (which is my favorite room), my upstairs is the bedroom and the basement is an arcade room!

For one of my characters I have an ice cream shop, a elegant room, a Zelda themed bathroom, and a kids bedroom.

My third character has a beach room, a princess themed room, a picnic looking room, and a bathroom!

There's a bunch of other ideas I want to do so I might either change up some rooms or add another character!

Currently, I'm doing the regular old "fill each room with an entire set" just to collect all the HHA prizes, but once I've done that, I'm going to change it and have the typical house - a living room in the main room, bathroom in the back room, kitchen to the left, and a bedroom upstairs. The right room is near a cliff to I'm thinking some kind of conservatory that's really quiet so you can hear the waves, and I'm not sure about the basement yet.

Last edited:
My main town is mostly zen/old fashioned asian themed with a few modern elements. My mayor's house has a entrance/dining room, a kitchen, a bathroom, bedroom, a living room. My basement is still not decided. Still working on it.
Second character's house is restaurant themed. There's a bedroom for shopkeeper, kitchen, three rooms for eating (one more sushi oriented, one more tea oriented, and one just regular dining), and a bathroom. Pretty much fully done with this one.
Third character I may make either a school or a bath house/hotel of sorts. Fourth character will be a temple and garden of sorts.

Last edited:
I only have one room as of right now, and I want to give it the rococo theme with a bunch of computers and pretty things around. :D

My mayor's house is the only one that I would consider complete, I've been working pretty hard on it!

living room.jpg
Main room is a living room, using the Harvest set!

kawaiiroom.jpg
The left wing room is my general 'kawaii' themed room, because I loved the look of the Cinnamoroll and Kiki & Lala sets too much to not use them.

kitchen.jpg
Right wing room is my kitchen! I really love all the food items in ACNL and wanted a room dedicated to them.

library.jpg
The back room is my library/study room!

basement.jpg
My basement is a sort of 'gamer cave' type of room, using the sleek set.

bedroom.jpg
And then the upstairs is my bedroom! I would have made it more themed but in the end I went for a mishmash of stuff that felt cozy, and like something I would really live in.

My other PC's house is zen-themed with some mori vibes, but it isn't close to finished yet. I'll get there one day!

Ive got a ton of houses i dont know where to start lol. Ok my town Merville. fairy themed. The mayor has a autumnal kitchen/living quarters in the main room. My attic is a autumn forest picnic place, and the basement is a foresty hot spring kinda vibe. :D

My mayor's house is a set based type, each room features a different series or set. First room once entering is the lovely series (in ruby), upstairs is the mermaid series, my basement has not been decided (since HHA doesn't count the basement, it will probably function as storage) first floor to the north is going to be a princess series room, to the left of my first floor is the harvest series, and to the right of my first floor I'm going to setup a nursery esque room (I love babies irl, so I wanted a theme room for them in my ACNL home) to be quite honest I wish a mayor could purchase more homes, that way I get to do more rooms and improve my HHA score further. This is why I'm pining after HHD, haha!

Back