• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Constantly Losing Stylus

Shu

Friendly butt
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pear (Fruit)
Mailbox
Does anyone else have this problem? I'll take out my stylus, use it for 4 seconds, then forget to put it back in the slot and end up leaving it somewhere random for who knows how long. And it's never anywhere visible either, or someone else in my household will end up moving it until I'm opening every drawer/cabinet/door looking for it. I've had to replace my 3DS stylus about 3 times now. Is this just me? :(

Yeah, I don't have that issue at all. I always make sure to slide it back in after I'm done.

Maybe you should get those styluses that have a little character at the end or hook a small charm on it so it's an easy target.

Yeah, I don't have that issue at all. I always make sure to slide it back in after I'm done.

Maybe you should get those styluses that have a little character at the end or hook a small charm on it so it's an easy target.

Dang I need to get into your habit. I don't know why I never put it in the slot either, it just feels natural not to at this point? Man look at me causing problems for myself T.T

Yeah I'm interested in getting a Hello Kitty stylus charm, but the EB Games near me has it on sale for $12.99 >.> at this rate I'll but it online, lol.

Mine doesn't fit right so it slides out all the time!

I also found this type of stylus Clicky

You tie it on the charm loop on the actual 3DS itself. It's a little pricey but I'm sure you can do a little dyi in case you want to lower the cost.

I never have that problem, I religiously place it back into the slot when I'm done.

I've always had this problem... ever since I had the DS Lite. For now, it seems I haven't lost the New 3DS XL's stylus, but sometimes I misplace it.
And... the Wii U's stylus is now randomly falling out. I keep losing it in the living room.

I suggest you getting a bungee or something to tether it to your DS, I know they have cute ones that come with them like an ACNL Isabelle one that is really cute, my mom got it for me not knowing it was for the regular 3DS not the XL but it's still super cute and the screen cleaner is nice! I don't really lose mine too often and when I do I find it soon after, I bought some replacements pretty cheap because my BF lost his and kept stealing mine.

I never have that problem, I religiously place it back into the slot when I'm done.

Pretty much same, if I use it much at all. Mostly when I need to type text though since I have large fingers for my tiny hands so yeah.

But yeah look into those with straps and stuff, there probably are cheaper than play-asia scalpers though.

Whenever I leave my stylus anywhere for 2 minutes, it ends up going inbetween the arm rest and the end of the sofa, and it really annoys me :(

Everyone is giving me so much good advice omg thanks guys :D I'm going to look into the Isabelle bungee (cute!!!! so cute!!!!) or put it on my Christmas wishlist for my fam to see >.>

- - - Post Merge - - -

THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME TOO I had to pull out sofa cushions once because it fell all the way through : (

Oml, like a small while or so after I got my 3ds, the stylus got stuck underneath a small crack under my old bed....and it's impossible to get it out. So, for the 4 years I've had my 3ds, I was using other styluses. I still can't get that stylus out, and I don't think I ever will.

However, I realized there are a packs of replacement ones at ebgames (gamestop) that I can get hopefully soon :)

Oml, like a small while or so after I got my 3ds, the stylus got stuck underneath a small crack under my old bed....and it's impossible to get it out. So, for the 4 years I've had my 3ds, I was using other styluses. I still can't get that stylus out, and I don't think I ever will.

However, I realized there are a packs of replacement ones at ebgames (gamestop) that I can get hopefully soon :)

WOW so it's just there forever then? That's a story to tell visitors lol :D does it irritate you seeing it though like if I were you I'd probably look it in the eye like "you know what you DID."

Side story I used to have a blue Nintendo DS so when I first lost my 3DS stylus I tried sticking the DS stylus in and it got stuck at the bottom and I had to pay $50 for a professional to take it out, this was with my old red 3DS which is now lost who knows where. (saved the SD card though thank goodness)

I have a New Nintendo 3ds and the stylus is at the bottom of the system, so it always slides out. I have started carrying it upside down.

OMG story of my life
My family members find these EVERYWHERE

I lost my original stylus
Sooooooo I had to start using the one on my Wii U. I just put them EVERYWHERE

So I got tired of using that one so I ordered 30 from Amazon and bought 2 from Best Buy. Lost them ALL

There is a little space on the side and the front of my bed where they fall

I have a bag where they (are supposed to) go

But the only time they are all together is when my cousin finds them. She has OCD, she likes to clean my room, so bonus points all around. Or if I stop being lazy and look for ALL of them :-D

- - - Post Merge - - -

OMG story of my life
My family members find these EVERYWHERE

I lost my original stylus
Sooooooo I had to start using the one on my Wii U. I just put them EVERYWHERE

So I got tired of using that one so I ordered 30 from Amazon and bought 2 from Best Buy. Lost them ALL

There is a little space on the side and the front of my bed where they fall

I have a bag where they (are supposed to) go

But the only time they are all together is when my cousin finds them. She has OCD, she likes to clean my room, so bonus points all around. Or if I stop being lazy and look for ALL of them :-D

I have a New Nintendo 3ds and the stylus is at the bottom of the system, so it always slides out. I have started carrying it upside down.

Oh man, I feel you. I used to have the New 3ds XL models before and they fell out all. the. time. so I had to always check my bag or where I had them so dogs or people didn't eat them lol.

But yeah the older XL ones were better cause they stayed in place at least for me :p

Last edited:
I gave up buying new styluses cause I always drop them down the sofa or something and then my mum will throw them away lol

Oh gosh, I lose it ALL THE TIME. It's ridiculous. It's always in the couch or on my bed and once I found it in my clothes drawer. No idea how it got there. >.<

Back