• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mayor/villager appearance

Smolblonde

yellow gal
Bells
Orange (Fruit)
Yellow Cosmos
Do you tend to make your mayor/villager look like you or someone else? (An oc, random character, or it doesn't matter?) I make my mayor like how I would look/dress in real life. :p

I just like my mayor to be cute. Most of the things I put her in I would not wear in real life. I also usually choose brightly colored hair for her, and in real life my hair is dark brown.

My mayor looks like me, but I dress her like a specific character clothing-wise. My side characters are just original characters though I guess.

I just make my mayor how I wish I could look in real life. I tried dying my hair pink irl once, but didn't leave the bleach in long enough and the dye didn't take. Guess what color I'm making my mayor's hair once I unlock Shampoodle's?

mine doesn't look like me except the styling, but i'm addicted to her bulb boppers + white ponytail combo! :blush:
here's some art of her!: x

I dress my mayor as how I would dress in real life, and she has my green eyes and my light brown hair.

My mayor tends to represent my personality in a physical form, I suppose. The clothes are what I gravitate to fashion wise.

My mayor isn't based on my looks in real life. I don't mind what she wears but I think I'd look a little silly in something like that in real life. I like to make her cute and she usually just wears pink :)

my mayor used to look like me back in wild world and early new leaf but i've been playing around with fun hair colors! been meaning to think of a new look for her, but i JUST drew a sig and icon so like....i'll wait...

My Mayor looks nothing like me lol. I have tan skin, dark brown eyes and burgundy (dyed) colored afro hair. My Mayor has the default pale skin, light brown eyes, and pink hair. Which is a pattern I've kept since wild world, one that I won't change until we can set skin tone (like in hhd).

I tried to make a side character look like me, but it's not close enough for me. So I just gave her blue eyes and tanned her til she was brown. She still has my name though, regardless lol.

Last edited:
i usually always make my mayor the same as me. i model them after me, like my hair colour n stuff. i also never put pants on my mayor, idk why but i just dont like the way pants look in this game so pretty much all my human villagers are wearing dresses lol.with my non- mayor characters i just match their look with the theme of the town. with my fairy town i made my two other characters a foresty, plant witch and the other a girly pink mermaid :D

Mine are themed, so they dress like their themed character, but my mayor in my Cherish town is me, so she looks and dresses more like myself.

I dress my mayor as how I would dress in real life, and she has my green eyes and my light brown hair.

She sounds really cute. I like your icon by the way. (It's from a Disney channel show right? It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember the name of it) :eek:

- - - Post Merge - - -

My mayor tends to represent my personality in a physical form, I suppose. The clothes are what I gravitate to fashion wise.

Same, to be honest. I wish I looked as cute as my mayor

- - - Post Merge - - -

She sounds cute (I would actually question if I would wear an outfit similar to my mayor once and a while too)

- - - Post Merge - - -

My mayor is a mix of me and how I wish I looked lol.

Same

- - - Post Merge - - -

my mayor used to look like me back in wild world and early new leaf but i've been playing around with fun hair colors! been meaning to think of a new look for her, but i JUST drew a sig and icon so like....i'll wait...

It looks good! I think it's fun to experiment with the hair choices too. I did that a lot with my first town when I first got New Leaf

- - - Post Merge - - -

My Mayor looks nothing like me lol. I have tan skin, dark brown eyes and burgundy (dyed) colored afro hair. My Mayor has the default pale skin, light brown eyes, and pink hair. Which is a pattern I've kept since wild world, one that I won't change until we can set skin tone (like in hhd).

I tried to make a side character look like me, but it's not close enough for me. So I just gave her blue eyes and tanned her til she was brown. She still has my name though, regardless lol.

They both sound really cute. I honestly can't wait for the option in happy home designer too because my friend isn't as pale as his mayor is either.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i usually always make my mayor the same as me. i model them after me, like my hair colour n stuff. i also never put pants on my mayor, idk why but i just dont like the way pants look in this game so pretty much all my human villagers are wearing dresses lol.with my non- mayor characters i just match their look with the theme of the town. with my fairy town i made my two other characters a foresty, plant witch and the other a girly pink mermaid :D

Your whole town sounds adorable (I agree with the pants, I just have my mayor wear shorts)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Mine are themed, so they dress like their themed character, but my mayor in my Cherish town is me, so she looks and dresses more like myself.

I like themed towns, people dedicate so much of their time to it and I think it always pays off in the end because the towns that are themed look really pretty.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just make my mayor how I wish I could look in real life. I tried dying my hair pink irl once, but didn't leave the bleach in long enough and the dye didn't take. Guess what color I'm making my mayor's hair once I unlock Shampoodle's?

Oh geez I feel you honestly. I hope you get shampoodle soon!

Back