Custom Made Sanrio, Zelda, Splatoon, and Felyne Amiibo Cards...

Flare

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
7087-8935-1983
Apparently there's a person on Etsy selling these cards.

Here

What do yall think? This could help some people get villagers they desire with these, Imm thinking on grabbing Epona and Ganon but I'm sorta iffy on it.

Last edited:
If you looked at the reviews, everyone has seemed to give them five stars. If I was still in the Sanrio craze, I'd buy them.

i bought my sanrio amiibos off etsy- not from this seller (though i recognize them!), because i found someone who custom made the sanrio set for $5 less than this one. i think it's so great that sellers like these exist. it's virtually impossible to find rarer amiibos elsewhere (especially on ebay, where scalpers jack prices up ridiculously high), and even though these cards are ~~~original~~~ they work perfectly and the art is still good and the price is right!

if you'll use these cards, i say get them! :blush:

I don't quite see how they are any different from the original amiibo cards, even art-wise, so why not?
It's awesome that they are doing that, and the cards are even working. O:

Not sure if nintendo enacts copyright claims on their cards though (that'd be the seller's problem anyway) but seeing as theyve been going around for a bit I guess not.

That's interesting! I've heard of people customizing amiibo figurines as well, I think it's really neat.

It highly likely does break copyright. But I really think this is Nintendo's own fault.
I hate that they have made us an animal crossing community of have's and have not's.
No DLC like the white festive tree for the UK (I could trade, but Nintendo took away the 'excitement' of receiving DLC from a large section of its customer base).
It's not entirely a matter of trading with others for what is available for the game.

I presume Nintendo would like us to buy the cards and the figurines legitimately and I would love to buy all that work with acnl for the RRP - but I can't, some (thinking of the link ones breath of the wild, which work with acnl) are either always out of stock or around $50 & up.

These cards look great, if they work, brilliant.

I've bought cards like this from another retailer on etsy, and they worked perfect! I trust most of these, it seems to be people who are genuinely nice and just want people to have a cheaper option to get these characters, instead of from people who jack up the prices on ebay !! So I say go for it, you'll be happy you have them in the long run!

wait, how are they made to replicate the real amiibo cards that even the consoles are able to recognize them?

wait, how are they made to replicate the real amiibo cards that even the consoles are able to recognize them?

the important part of all amiibo cards is the chip inside, so these artists draw new cards and insert the corresponding official chip into the card- that's why they work :)

I ordered a set of Sanrio cards from a different seller a short time ago and they work perfectly. I've been working my way through them to purchase the Sanrio items.

I'd consider doing something like that again for the RV cards, which are almost impossible to find at reasonable prices.

I really want to buy some soon! They have good reviews and I've seen videos of people use them, (here) and they're completely functional. They have the amiibo chip in them and then I believe the seller just makes the cards? Its awesome since, especially the Zelda amiibos, can be hard to come by.

That looks awesome! :D I love how they did this, now people can get the cards at a reasonable price.
I don't really care if Nintendo thinks this is "copyright" or anything because it is their fault they did not make enough cards and now people have to buy fanmade ones. I wouldn't be surprised if they do this with the other welcome amiibo cards.

- - - Post Merge - - -

They get those special tags and probably use amiiqo or something to write the data onto the tags. It's not really hard.

I made my own tbh, I stopped buying packs of cards as well because they're so overpriced at this point. I've just been buying packs of NTAG215 pvc cards and assigning them to whatever amiibo I want, I could just print the proper picture onto them as well. It's pretty neat, especially since my little brother really wants the cards and he only has a few at the moment so I can help him this way

Definitely bookmarking this seller because I've been wanting the Sanrio set for what feels like forever (even though I did cave and bought Toby's card on eBay awhile ago).

I already have the actual Amiibo for the rest of the villagers, though. And while nice collectables, having cards would be SUCH a space saver.

Nice way to promote your own etsy.

But they're probably made with ripped bin files because I highly doubt they took out an nfc tag from the actual figure....
If you want to support that stuff get em they're cute and cheaper.

Not sure if its illegal either, but you can do something like that for $1 if you have an android and a printer.

Back