• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villagers sharing catchphrases?

Livvy

Ain't that just the way
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Blue Hybrid Rose
Famous Mushroom
Tasty Cake
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Okay, so I changed Olivia's catchphrase to "hiss" when she asked. Like when a cat hisses, and now literally half my town in hissing at me. lmao I don't remember them sharing each other catchphrases until recently, and def. not on this big of a scale. Has it always been like this or is it part of the new update? Kind of annoying. lmao. I'm just like, Marina, ur an octopus. Why you hissin girl

Nah, they've always done it. The more time you spend playing the more likely they are tonpass it on though.

Ahh okay. That's good to know. I will give them more neutral and less personalized catchphrases from now on then. lol I've only played AC since December, so I just hadn't noticed it until now

reminds me of when freaking cheri spread her sunflower shirt across the whole town. It was like the sunflower plague

reminds me of when freaking cheri spread her sunflower shirt across the whole town. It was like the sunflower plague

Katt and someone else spread their cheer uniform all over town. I really need to get everyone new clothes.

RE3iafc - Imgur.jpg
Octavian infected my town a while back.

I remember I made one of my jocks say babe, since it kind of fits his style. Then everyone started to say babe and I began to feel uncomfortable.

The hiss is cute and funny at least and doesn't make it seem like everyone is hitting on you. 😅

I remember I made one of my jocks say babe, since it kind of fits his style. Then everyone started to say babe and I began to feel uncomfortable.

The hiss is cute and funny at least and doesn't make it seem like everyone is hitting on you. ��

Omg that's hilarious too. Tbf I call my boyfriend babe, but I sometimes also call some of my close girl friends babe in platonic/friendly way. lmao So I could MAYBE try and interpret it like that, but it'd be a stretch. lmao. That's so funny, the whole town hitting on you. Oops :p

Yeah the hiss thing makes me laugh, I was so confused. hahaha Dang it Olivia, why are you such a trendsetter.

The funniest incident of contagious catch phrases happened in one of my Wild World towns. One of my villagers was Cyrano. His catch phrase is "Ah CHOO!". At one point almost every villager in that town picked up that catch phrase. It sounded like my town was in the middle of a flu epidemic with all that sneezing going on :p

I wish they didn't share catchphrases. I want my villagers to have cute and unique catchphrases but when half of my town is running around saying "snacky" (thanks Gayle..) I get super annoyed.

Mothership - omg it's like your town needs to be quarantined. :p

Brina - Yeah! I wanted to give them each unique things to say too! Now I know I have be more basic if I don't want it to get weird or annoying. lol

They'll also spread their shirts and stuff too. Saw a conversation between two villagers, and the result was Kitt changing her shirt. To that green with yellow bird one... :(

ctar - I noticed that recently too. They're wearing some of the shirts of my past villagers which is random also. Luckily all the shirts they've decided to wear have not been super ugly, but it makes them a little less unique. They kind of all look like they belong to some sort of team or committee.

I wouldn't mind the sharing of phrases and shirts as much if reporting it to Isabelle would actually change them to their default. Or if there was a guarantee that they'd wear the items sent to them. The way it is now, I agree that it's a nuisance and just detracts from their individuality (and aesthetic)

In Berlin acpg I gave Candi "Sweet baby" which I immediately regretted after but then everyone was like "how's it goin Sweet baby?"

I remember when lucky wore the danger tee and spread the thing all over my town, LOL

Raddle's original catchphrase is "aaach-" which is supposed to be a sneeze. And it has literally spread through my entire town. So basically, Raddle legit gave everyone the flu. How crazy.

I hate when villagers take each other's phrases, like I changed Roscoe's phrase to neigh and now everybody's neighing at me. Same with the shirts, every villager has been wearing this green suit in my town and it's hideous.

Back