• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

i hate trader joes

dude i'm so weak for trader joe's- i love it there :')

even the nasty Hawaiian shirts adds to the lovely ambiance of high-end, overpriced, really good food! when i was younger, they would give me a free balloon every time and it was the best thing ever

Trader Joe's is ok but i don't shop there very often. If I'm going to spend that kind of money on food I'm going to Whole Foods. And why are the employees weird if they're older lol.

I've never heard of Trader Joe's before but you've put me off it for life lol.

When I lived near enough to one I used to love going there, I think we'd almost always spend like 50-70 every time we went there. For food for like a week for me and my mom. I loved going there because they actually had some good vegetarian options and carried brands I liked that were hard to find. Now I don't have that option and honestly miss it so much. I used to always buy onigiri there and I would eat the crap out of it! Microwave steam two of them as a snack and it was great. And the puff pastry margarita pizza was to die for.

yooo what i love trader joe's
i don't go there super often, but when i do, i make sure to load up on the frozen foods (the pizzas, potstickers, and mini tacos!! i love)
they also have macarons that are refrigerated/frozen? (can't tell lol) and at first i was a little skeptical, like i'd think that they're more of a food to eat when they're made fresh? but i tried them, and hoooolyyyy they are fantastic. they also sell pico de gallo and it tastes very fresh and ahhh

and yeah it can get pretty expensive, which i get confused sometimes because many people (or at least people i know) consider it to be a cheap store? i guess you can say it's good priced for the quality i guess

I've never been to Trader Joe's. I looked into it because a number of people I know have had and highly recommend Speculoos Cookie Butter, which Trader Joe's sells at their stores. As it turns out, there aren't any locations within a reasonable enough distance for me to bother. Reading all these reports here about how expensive their products are isn't too heartening either, so I probably won't ever make my way to one.

Back