i hate trader joes

pizzapie44

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
their goods are overpriced and the music they play is awful. i just had to go in and buy some ravioli and three boxes came out to twenty dollars!!!! the staff there is also weird. like half of the employees already appear to be in their sixties, and they wear these fake smiles too. i know i can't be the only one on this forum who hates going here!

Eh. They have decent prices. When I used to go to uni, that was my grocery store and my total always came to $35-50 for surviving two weeks. This was city living, and was way better than Safeway prices. But I found something better and local where I could tons of groceries for about $25.

I always like their snacks and getting their weekly newsletter for deals.

Anyone else who's clueless, it's a grocery store in the US.

yeah there aren't a whole lot of locations in other states but for some reason california has like millions of them

yeah figured out it was something murica bc yeah i have never even heard of it...

that's weird but i guess it's the new capitalist era lel

I like Trader Joe's. the staff aren't weird at mine and they're pretty young too. It is expensive, so i dont go there for my regular groceries, mainly from time to tiem for their snacks or unique items. its the only place i've ever found Caerphilly cheese, for instance, and it's the place where I discovered... cookie butter!!!!

honestly, how dare you disparage the cookie butter store!! :mad:

None here in the northeast, as far as I'm concerned.

This thread is an insult to me and my family. And I am not joking here like I do 99% of the time on these forums.

Last edited:
I dont mind Trader Joes. I have one right around where I live, and its basically just a small grocery store. Sure, all their goods are usually not found elsewhere besides Trader Joes. at first, I thought it was huge, but I went inside. Their prices are OK, but could do better. And their staff is OK as well, and they have a bell for some reason to call other employees -.-

some things at my Trader Joe's are cheaper than other stores, like their tofu and spinach. a lot of their stuff is overpriced but it just depends on what you're buying. it's typically pretty good quality though, so paying more can be worth it
I love it there, sorry you don't like it

Linda from the hit show bob burger worked at Trader Joe's for a little bit

I've heard of this store, but have never actually seen one in any of the states I've lived in (NY, NJ, and FL). I'm guessing it's the regional equivalent of a Tops or Byrne Dairy. I hate going to both those stores because the only thing I go there for is coffee creamer and somehow I always end up paying $6 a bottle. Like, what is this stuff made of -- liquid gold?

#PoorPeopleProblems

I'm not a huge fan of Trader Joe's. All the ones in my area have tiny & small parking lots so anytime I had to go, it's a hassle to deal with 5+ cars going for the same parking spot. Even having a security guard navigate people doesn't help much because people will get so aggressive for a parking spot. It's awful. There's also always people from Greenpeace who will try to approach you right outside so it's just really annoying. Their prices aren't even that great and a lot of their food is just okay to me. Even their aisles are tight so navigating is a nightmare to me. It doesn't matter what time you go, all of them are always crowded. I'd rather go to other markets than deal with their insane parking lots. I will gladly drive further for peace of mind, lol.

It's a shame because their staff are nice and helpful.

Vegans need to understand that self-hatred is NOT ok

Im sorry to hear that u shop there

i'm not a regular customer but i'll go in once in awhile to get ravioli and snacks and stuff. but pretty much every time i've been in a trader joe's it's been a horrible experience

Back