• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Is Tom Nook a human man?

Human or not?

• Total voters
he's a tanuki, aka a racoon dog

tanuki are more closely related to foxes than to racoons if I'm correct in saying?

Last edited:
I don't think so- he has two kids that are also little... whatever he is, but it isn't human.

Timmy, Tommy and Tom Nook are all Tanukis, which if I remember correctly are a creature from Japanese (?) stories, myths or legends.

Last edited:
I first saw him as a raccoon. Then I realized he's actually a tanooki, so no, I don't consider him a "human man"

This is the most 'kid friendly' version of the tanuki statue I could find. (very, very hard)

e426af904f7dbbf788c60fc62ccf09eb--a-park-tokushima.jpg

Of course NA or EU won't explicitly stated he's a tanuki because those are native to Japan and they closely resemble our trash pandas aka raccoons. Most people would be "wats dat".

tumblr_n9e1g2fGUo1sxhrifo1_r1_400.jpg

"raccoon figurine" is the tanuki statue. ;)

now i'm thinking about tom nook with human hands and...i don't think i'm sleeping tonight

Back