whats the point of eating?

HungryForCereal

if it was you I'd never want to leave...
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Pink Summer Shell
Mint
Pavé
why is there even an eating option? like there's no effect or anything beneficial when we eat something. and i hate it when i eat my ice cream accidentally and i have to close the game without saving. smh

They added the eating feature because there Are going to be people asking why can't we eat like our villagers.

Id say its the same as asking why there's fireworks that just disappear after you use them, i think its just one of many features just meant to be cute or extra things to notice c:

To show that you're a wild being who can eat whole coconuts. Or a whole cake.

We're some kind of feral human in disguise.

There's pretty much no reason, but I think it adds a nice touch to it, so it isn't just villagers who can eat the fruit

I'm just grateful for the eating option whenever my villagers force the fruit I sent them back on me. That way it doesn't take up an inventory slot

Oh there's one "sort of" benefit. If you eat the famous mushroom; you transform into magical girl/boy mega mayor for 3 seconds.

I think it's to add a more realistic feel to the game. After all, why would the villagers need to eat and not you? I agree that it's frustrating to accidentally eat your ice cream or good-luck roll, though. Lol.

It's just an extra cute factor to the game to show reality, but I would love if food actually had a purpose like if your villager was hungry everyday, you would actually need to shake fruit trees other than to sell the fruit. It would be neat but also maybe a hassle at the same time so maybe not.

Maybe they don't let have stomachs lol they're just lil cute people like in cartoon movies who don't ever have to eat. Maybe they're floro sapiens and get their energy from the sun.

Wait what?

I hate it also :p
I guess it's for the cute-factor, but I almost wish it actually had a function--like maybe,getting a villager to ping you, or even have a hunger-meter >.<

You guys seriously don't know? If you don't eat anything your mayor gets a pixel's height smaller every month, until they disappear entirely into the ground. Also I'm assuming you didn't know that drinking coffee makes your mayor run 2x faster.

In the gamecube original, didn't eating a ton in a short span make your character a little chubbier for a short while (sort of like the tans)? I can't remember. Maybe I'm imagining it. O__o

Back