New Horizons Token
Purple Violet
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Famous Mushroom
I need to come up with a new name to use as my online presence, since "Nerd House" isn't as unique as I thought. There's a story behind my use of this name, and I've been using it for going on 6 years. But maybe it's time for something fresh, something new.

So, how do you guys come up with names? I've tried generators, but nothing really jumps out at me.

Please help ; ;

my favorite video game character (velouria from fire emblem fates), usually just that. you can make it more original if you want (i shortened mine to vel from velour, my other user). i think other people use like their favorite words, or fun things to say, like i think my other idea for an user is peri, and something else i can't remember. things like that.

sometimes, i go on Wikipedia and click 'random page' and make one of the words on that page my username..

i love coming up with usernames or names for characters bc i'm a NERD
so like i usually start off with a pretty word- my favourite pretty word or something like that
then i might mix it up with another cool/rad word

ex. rainy & sunset
rainset- pretty clear and obvious what words might've been used to make this
but we can go EVEN FURTHER
rainy & sunset = rainset + any suffix or small bit of a word = rainsetty rainsette rainset
those sound kinda stupid but?/? get the perfect combo and itll work well LMAO its just an example

One thing I really love doing is finding words I like in other languages, I think the site is omniglot or something and you can type in a word and it will tell you it in every known language. I find something that has good "mouth feel" so basically I say it out loud and if it sounds nice I'll go with it. I used it to name my old towns Arryire and Lluvia both of which were the only towns by those names, so it's usually unique. I do this for game characters and stuff as well. I've always used KaydeeKrunk on everything and it's never taken unless it's by me and I forgot I made an account on the site. XD

Mine is based on my nickname(s) in real life. I wanted one that I would feel comfortable using for social media if potential employers were to stumble across it (it's also my twitter handle, instagram, etc.). I wouldn't want something like "pikachu1234" to be what people saw me as in adult life even on the internet. So if you want it to last, take that into consideration. Something based on my own name (without it actually being my name) works because it's not too official sounding for less serious accounts but also works for personal accounts.

I make webcomics currently, so I usually come up with names constantly to give to future characters.

Music. Other than on sites where I use my real name, the three usernames I actively use are SharedUmbrella, Sinfonietta, and Vrisnem:

SharedUmbrella - a non-literal translation of the song title Ai Ai Gasa by Tegomass. I was crazy into NEWS and Tegomass when I started using the name in March 2009. I still love it.

Sinfonietta - taken from Tokyo Sinfonietta by Tomohisa Yama****a. I love the way he enunciates the word "sinfonietta" in the song's opening.

Vrisnem - taken from the line "Na usne stavi mi ruku da ne vrisnem" (loosely translates to "put your hand over my mouth so I won't scream") in Od Mene Se Odvikavaj by Milan Stanković.

Last edited:
on websites where like evey username ever is taken i usually just wrte something that looks Neat and see if it's available, that's how i choose tumblr urls and twitter and instagram accounts.
i have a few different ones i reuse that i mostly just thought of. like i don't really do a bunch of thinking i just pick someting that looks nice. i Never have numbers in my username because imo that's ugly

Last edited:
Well, the screen name I use on this site was kinda sorta inspired by The Hunger Games and my own inappropriate sense of humor and love of puns. I was thinking about naming my mayor in-game Primrose, which reminded of the nickname Prim, which is what they call Katniss's sister in the book. That made me think of Marie from the Aristrocats, who is all prim and prissy and has a name similar to my own. So I thought it'd be funny if instead of "prim and proper", I would be "prim and improper". Which I totally am. I have the sense humor of a 12-year-old boy most the time, despite being a 20-something-year-old woman.

My other screen names on other websites usually have some obscure reference to comic books or anime. Like the name of my blog was inspired by cat girl cosplay, for example. I just think of things I enjoy and that sorta describe me, really. That's it.

Mine have been created mostly out of necessity, as names I originally wanted were taken. ; v ; Like, pechue was because peche was taken so I added a 'u'. Ghostelle is just ghost with 'elle' added to it. My current name is obviously velvet with an "e" on the end. I also had the name pinelle for a while and that was just cute syllables mushed together. It's easier to start from a real word and tailor but cute sounds or words mixed together makes for unique names too. Good luck! c:

My current is a result of a really bad inside joke amongst people I know, on another hand I really like it. If I ever change my RL name, I'll go with Sheila for sure.

(The origins of that joke being that I really like the musician S?rgio Godinho and Sheila (Charlesworth) being his wife back in the days, so yeah :p)

i was thinking for a town name in acnl for a good 20 minutes and come up with this, and it became my username for multiple websites

I base my usernames off of things I like and stuff I have, as well as characters I have and other characters/people I like. For example, I'm a girl who really enjoys a good villain. So my most common online username/gamertag is "MadameMayhem" or "MadameMadhouse". On this site I use Vintage Viola because I really like antique/vintage things and my Mayor's name is Viola. On other sites I use "Toraleii", after one of my favorite Monster High characters Toralei Stripe. List goes on.

I usually just use my name or some variation of it like in this instance I added an extra E on the end

Back