• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

If You Could Add Any New Species ...

If you could add any new species into Animal Crossing what would you choose?
I'd personally love to see bats, lizards, and ferrets~

So if these animals could be made into villagers, which would you choose?

Ferrets would be fun!! Haha. Hrmmm....... I'd say Foxes, for sure. I think foxes would be a really neat addition.

If a poll existed, foxes would have won.

idk why, foxes are basically gonna be the same as wolves.

Can confirm, too much overlap...every time I've thought about this I've eventually come to this conclusion.

I would like to see bats and ferrets (including otters, stoats, and weasels). Badgers also come to mind.

Lynxes / Bobcats!

They're the cutest and I think it'd be cool even though there's kind of a lot of cats already

- - - Post Merge - - -

How has nobody said sloths yet? I want a town with every villager being a sloth

I'm pretty sure sloths won't happen because Leif is a sloth
But I'd love that too!

Last edited:
I'd love bat villagers honestly. Get some nocturnal species in general. I wish it wouldn't make the special characters feel less special but I really love the models for skunks and porcupines.

I think chipmunk villagers could be super cute :)
But I could see them being a fusion of the hamster and squirrel villagers, so it might be too similar ��

How about lizards?

I would love owl villagers, but they probably won't consider owls since we already have Blathers and Celeste. Bats would also be very cool.

i'd love to see guinea pigs and different breeds of dogs, for example pugs or poodles ;v;

Last edited:
this is kind of a big request bc it'd make the programmers have to do an entirely new mechanic, but i love the idea of dolphin / shark / seahorse / other aquatic villagers! we already have the octopi, but they move around on land?? i think with these aquatic villagers, they would plot their houses in the ocean! and the human characters would automatically get a wetsuit (and have it easily equippable / not taking up an inventory space all the time) so they can swim to visit their water-dwelling villagers!

this is different from a villager-species idea, but going kind of along w the houses in water idea, i'd love it in future animal crossing games if we could put plants in water like lily pads and pretty looking floating algae and hyacinths :')

I know this post is like 2 months old but imagine the dock expanding out to like have the aquatic plots on the water? And the villager houses have a basement that's underwater and a little oxygen tank and they use the swimming animation for the villager when you're in there??

If you could add any new species into Animal Crossing what would you choose?
I'd personally love to see bats, lizards, and ferrets~

So if these animals could be made into villagers, which would you choose?
This and also snakes and dragons.

Last edited:
Back