• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

If You Could Add Any New Species ...

mythological creatures would be pretty cool. chimeras, wolpertingers, hydras, etc.

Like everyone else has said in this thread, FOXES!!! and also mythical creatures or cryptids.

I could see cows in the game or baby animals like kittens they have katie but she cant move in

AaaahhH!!!!! There are soooo many possibilities!!!! The amount of animals on Earth is astounding! However some species I would love to see in the AC world are: bats, dolphins, sea otters, foxes, skunks, kinkajous, binturongs, lemurs, capybaras, salamanders, coatis, beavers!!!, owls, lynxes, and much more.. :)

Ferrets and foxes would definitely be cute! Aquatic creatures would also be a nice touch to the game.

Snake villagers might be cute!! Or maybe otters?? But mainly I want more wolves lol a black phase wolf would be really cool!!

axolotl villagers? I know that Shrunk is a special character, but it would be great if there were axolotl villagers

I would loooooove to see either bats or guinea pigs. ;__; I'd like to see owls and foxes as villagers too!

Ah, this is a hard choice- I personally love the idea of foxes and ferrets, but honestly, I'd add bats! They'd be little like the squirrels and there would be a Halloween-themed bat, plus ones like the golden-head bat and such. Ones that eat fruit may be found with a small basket of fruit in their homes, just for show. They'd be more active at night, maybe coming out around sunset and sleeping at sunrise? I dunno, just the thought of bat villagers is cute

Oooh, I never thought about this before! I love the idea of bats! Oh how I would love that! Hmmm. FLAMINGOS. Oh my god. How cute would that be? Instead of them sitting on a bench or a rock resting, they just stood there on the one leg omg.

* edit * Look at how dumb I am, forgot there was Flora... UGH.

Last edited:
this is kind of a big request bc it'd make the programmers have to do an entirely new mechanic, but i love the idea of dolphin / shark / seahorse / other aquatic villagers! we already have the octopi, but they move around on land?? i think with these aquatic villagers, they would plot their houses in the ocean! and the human characters would automatically get a wetsuit (and have it easily equippable / not taking up an inventory space all the time) so they can swim to visit their water-dwelling villagers!

this is different from a villager-species idea, but going kind of along w the houses in water idea, i'd love it in future animal crossing games if we could put plants in water like lily pads and pretty looking floating algae and hyacinths :')

That a really good idea! I would want turtles, giraffes, and red pandas, and everything you said.

Pretty much all the ones I want have already been said on here a million times but hey.

I'd love otters, red pandas, BATS!!!, foxes (and cute foxes, not like Redd), and dinosaurs. Whales would be cool but I can't imagine how to make them NOT look weird.

A red panda for sure. I would also wanna see maybe a mongoose, or a dragon! A more animated friendly type of course, maybe cranky? I think otters would be super cute too

Bats and foxes. These two species are the ones I would like to see the most. Red pandas and/or raccoons
would be also interesting to have as villagers.

Pangolins, armadillos, or rats

I was thinking foxes to be not just an exclusive race for Redd. But others have already said that so um...snakes? Though I dunno how they would go about that without looking ridiculous. And I dunno what to pick among them, but we need more Aquatic races for Villagers for sure.

Back