• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

If You Could Add Any New Species ...

I'd say either Foxes or Rats. Foxes are adorable and rats because lol.

No but we could have rats for the mice and bear villagers. We have little and big bears. Why not little mice and big rats? I think it would be downright silly.

Either this or more Octopi. I belive we only have what? 4? Ya add some more please.

Foxes, ferrets, raccoons and bats. These are the species I would really like to see as villagers.

owls and bats that sleep during the day and stay up at night maybe? turtles and foxes would be cool too (even though there are already special characters of these species but whatever)

I have to say dragon because dragons are so cool. Plus it would be cute to see a villager with little wings on its back. Or maybe a lemur. I love their long, fluffy tails.

owls and bats that sleep during the day and stay up at night maybe? turtles and foxes would be cool too (even though there are already special characters of these species but whatever)

I think it is at a point where it no longer matters. We have several dog special characters, and birds, and a cat (Katrina). As long as they look different in design it seems not to be a limitation.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think it is at a point where it no longer matters. We have several dog special characters, and birds, and a cat (Katrina). As long as they look different in design it seems not to be a limitation.

I would love to see a snail character, imagine the cute little shell and eyes on him/her :blush:
A butterfly, beetle or mantis character would be just as adorable as well

Last edited:
I know we already have cows, but Highland cows would be absolutely adorable.

it was established long ago that pirate dolphin should be the next ACNL species. I will brook no sass to the contrary.

I love the idea of bats or lizards. I'm really interested in the idea of insect or arachnid villagers though! Mantises or butterflies would be fascinating. Guess it would be kinda weird with all the bug catching, but we can catch frogs and octopi, too!

Love all these ideas. Love mythical creatures and bat ideas the most!

it'd be super cool to have nocturnal animals that slept during the day and were active at night - stuff like raccoons, foxes etc etc
also (like everyone else has said) CRYPTIDS !!! my town is literally called Cryptid, it'd be so good

i wishing for red panda, polar bear, quokka
red panda is adorable :D

moth, snake, dragon and squid villagers, pls

edit: cow villagers would be nice, too, g o d

Last edited:
I'd like to see bats, foxes, and lizards! And more octopi, as there are only 4!

You know what would be cool? An Eastern dragon. It could be a special character that sticks around for a week and gives your village good luck :D

Back