Starting a New Town on an Event Day

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
What happens if you start a new town on the day of an event, such as the fireworks tomorrow? Is the event cancelled for the day, allowing Isabelle to stay in town hall? I'd like to start yet another new town tomorrow, but I'd like to know what happens first.

If you were to start your town during the fireworks show I think it wouldn't be held but if you were to start it BEFORE the show then I think you'll be able to still experience the event when it happens. I'm not too sure though

I actually started a brand new town on the first firework festival Sunday. I completely forgot that the fireworks happen in August, Ha! Getting back on point though, things start off completely normal, just like if you were starting the town on any other day. I was still in the process of picking a Layout I enjoyed when I wondered why things looked funny when I first came out of the train station. The fireworks were going off! After you pick a plot for your house and hold the tree planting ceremony, Isabel goes to the town square and things carry-on normally. It almost felt like they were setting off the fireworks just for me. :D

I actually started a brand new town on the first firework festival Sunday. I completely forgot that the fireworks happen in August, Ha! Getting back on point though, things start off completely normal, just like if you were starting the town on any other day. I was still in the process of picking a Layout I enjoyed when I wondered why things looked funny when I first came out of the train station. The fireworks were going off! After you pick a plot for your house and hold the tree planting ceremony, Isabel goes to the town square and things carry-on normally. It almost felt like they were setting off the fireworks just for me. :D

Ohh that's interesting thanks for the explanation!!

The worse way to start a town is having your birthday the same day you start (Which is what happened in smashvil)
Because that one villager will go Psst wanna buy some... I mean Hey come to my house! Cue bday party. Then when it's over everyone will forget you became mayor today and no tree item for you :(

Oh, so Isabelle still goes to the plaza? In that case, I'm going to wait until Monday to start a new town. I want to do the tutorial so I can have non-native fruit and both the net and fishing rod from day 1. I'll also be certain not to start a new town on my birthday.

Last edited:
Back