Strawberry Doll
Tortimer
Shadow Kitty Plush
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
Rose Crystal
Lily of the Valley
Pavé Pink Feather
I've been looking at pictures online and visiting a few DA towns, and I keep coming back to the same thought - it's all a little too much.

Don't get me wrong, the patterns are beautiful, paths are extremely well-thought out, and the overall feel of the towns/areas is great, but it ends up feeling, to me, that there are too many things. I don't know where to look or what to do because everything is there.

I really do appreciate the hours that have gone into these towns, and honestly, I'm not sure I could be that dedicated. I guess I'm just more old-fashioned. I like lots of grassy areas, paths that are bordered by trees and worn down to dirt, and simple flower gardens dotted around town.

Last edited:
I know what you mean ...

I recently went to a DA that was highly recommended.

Whoa - even though the town wasn't hacked - there were too many flowers and probably the maximum amount of trees. I could barely walk anywhere. There were too many presents - and I like presents in Dream towns!

Someone said that some towns make them feel claustrophobic- This town was an example of that.

And I'm not going to give out the DA to preserve their innocence. :blush:

I can agree with that notion too. Sometimes I feel like big pattern path towns are a little too suffocating but there is a lot of freedom given. I think it sort of made people go all out.

I've only recently put down paths because of how the update doesn't let villagers move onto them. I'm going to try to use them sparingly though.

I agree with that, especially the too many presents aspect in dream towns. I'm actually going for a more laid back type town with what you described of a natural theme.

I know what you mean, and especially fell that way towards flowers. Like when whole towns are practically flower orchards, it gives me a headache, or when all the paths are pastel coloured. I don't want to bump into something every time I take a step, and I also don't want to feel like I'm playing some evasive arcade game with my mayor while trying to navigate the town. :(

I do like it when just some areas are more crowded... It makes it feel like a genuine downtown. I also like the look of some crowded rooms.

I agree with you completely, I don't dislike them, but personally, I would rather decorate my town in the way you suggest. I've always decorated my towns with simple things like dirt paths and flower paths. I've only recently started using paths.

I prefer forest-y towns or natural towns over ones with ones littered with paths.
Towns that mix both are my favourite and I'm trying to do that in my second town.

I can understand that feeling about some towns I have been to - as if every single space in town is patched up, and no grass shown to speak of. Plus, all the ridiculous number of presents on the ground... It can get out of control.

I'm trying my best to avoid that extreme in my town... But it can be difficult to do, as it is so tempting to decorate everything with with flowers... Hopefully my dream town isn't a victim of this issue to my visitors.

I have a hard time with this too. I also get claustrophobic. I went to a town recently that had so many trees and bushes that I got stuck in an orchard and couldn't get out.

My aesthetic is clutter so I personally like it. I already know my dream town is gonna be slightly like that. I just wanna add so many little details!

I Like the overgrown look but it's not fun to visit dream towns that are 95% trees and bushes.

I only come across those ridiculous towns that you can't walk though when I let Luna pick the town. And I remember one that had trees and bushes and bamboo everywhere. I couldn't even explore then I said it was a nightmare when Luna asked me how my dream was. I'm telling you guys, there is a such thing as too MUCH landscaping.

Last edited:
I just don't like having too many bushes and trees that it gets hard to navigate the town. It seem like a waste if you have this PWP on an ideal place only to cover it with lots of trees (if it goes with the theme like a forest, I'd be fine with that). I really couldn't appreciate the view or even notice the beauty of how you decorate the area. Also I don't like it when there are so many row of flowers like it's mostly the only thing that you can see. Tons of hybrids everywhere. It makes me think and say "Are you giving these away/raffling them out?" xD

Last edited:
Yeah,I call these "stuff" towns because there's so much stuff in 'em that it's hard to just walk around.I visited a dream town yesterday that looked really nice at first glance but I had to go back to the plaza and get the axe and shovel just so I could move around.The town was loaded with bushes,trees and bamboo plants and most of the paths led to dead ends.It was like trying to navigate in a Brazilian rain forest.While I appreciate the time,effort and creativity people put in to their towns,I wish they'd cut back on some of that foliage so I can walk around freely and have a good look at everything and not be hampered with hacking(the regular,non-computer kind)away at their vegetation just so I can move on to the next area.

I don't like those towns that have paths all over the place (no trees or bushes).

The same can go for some of those Forest towns either too many trees (especially when they're hack!) all over the place and don't get me started with the crap that others like to put in the ponds..why.

Last edited:
Some people like their town to be full of trees , weeds , mushrooms and flowers to make it look like a forest.
I honestly like that kind of thing. it kinda makes me feel like iam are adventuring while checking out the environment.
Regarding the cutesy. All I can say is EW. I dislike pinks and pastels everywhere. A little pink is ok but a lot is not. It kinda makes me vomit. I can't image living in a place where it's all pastel.
At the end I believe different people have different tastes and vision of how they want to create their town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't like those towns that have paths all over the place (no trees or bushes).

The same can go for some of those Forest towns either too many trees (especially when they're hack!) all over the place and don't get me started with the crap that others like to put in the ponds..why.

Same. I honestly don't like paths at all. Wonder who came up with this idea. Lol :p

i like the more natural nature themed towns, with more calm color schemes and little stepping stones! I am trying to make my town Naporia like that!

I can definitely relate to the feeling of "too much stuff." I like to leave at least some open space on the ground, so when every last inch of grass is covered with paths, flowers, anything, it does seem kind of... uncomfortable? Idk if that's the right word. Others in the thread have described it as suffocating or claustrophobic and those sound accurate.

I like paths and I believe that lining them with trees, bushes, or flowers goes a long way to making the town feel more complete, like a place where people would actually live, but I hate it when there are looooong lines of tree-bush-tree-bush-tree-bush with no spaces in between! It often makes it hard to get to where you want to go, especially when you're done and just want to run back to the plaza to end the dream.

I feel the same, although the towns look amazing and you can tell they have spent so much time on it, I personally like the original look, just the odd path ect.

I really am not a fan of 8-bit patterns or any besides simplistic/similar (graphics/style) ones to the already present nature in the town. I do like paths made with clovers though or mushrooms. I'm also a huge flower fan and mine is about 70% full of hybrids already and i plan to fill it completely eventually :)

I do agree tho, i appreciate the time they spent but when the towns are hacked and i see the same mass used paths it just isn't as personal. I went through every game playing alone til last year when i discovered belltree and it really impacted the reasons why i play for the worse, like i trade with so many people yet have no one over to just hangout and do things with. Lol off subject though sorry lol just ranting.

Whenever I go to a Dream Address, there's always one of test things that are bad about it.
1. It's overcrowded with paths. Sometimes my eyes hurt from looking at them.
2. It has WAAY to many flowers, that it puts pressure on you on whether you'll ruin a hybrid or something.
3. There's too many buildings and PWP's squished together. I wonder what'll happen if the player had claustrophobia.
4. It's crowded with trees. Especially when they are forest themed towns, I get really bored.
5. It's boring. I'm talking about the ones where you just walk around in your PJ's and look at the boring design.
6. The house designs are bad. I don't like the ones where there's just furniture from one series in the room.
7. The villagers are the same old Tier 1 villagers. Marshal, Ankha, Stitches, etc. I feel liked they're used too much.
8. There's no originality. You see the same town layout as the previous one you just visited.
9. There's nothing you could do. There's no given items or interactivity inside the town.
10. Sometimes they're just missing some things. Like leaving the beach plain. Or not decorating the house with enough items.
I really think there should be a rubric to DA's that everybody should follow. Therefore, we don't get the repetitivity with them, and we don't waste 500 bells going to a cruddy town.

Back