• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Plot Scouting Character Name

Haskell

Saving for a username change KEK
Bells
Switch
0000-0000-0000
What do you name the character(s) you plot scout with? I just named two of mine, "Boota" and "lol". I was called Boota by my aunt when I was a child and lol means laughing out loud. They're getting deleted.

Last edited:
You mean the villagers who you create for one use and then delete them the same day of the plot reset? I never actually did this...but I do have one villager space opened still. So I plan to eventually get all my villagers where I want them. When I do that, I'll probably name them something silly.

Then I'll probably get tired of thinking of random names and put down gibberish just to be done with it.

I normally number mine so when a villager is being stubborn and doesn't go where I want (which isn't so bad anymore with the update) so I can see how long I've been suffering for

i number mine as well! so after i've done a particularly long run of plot resetting, i can take a screenshot of my plot resetting character screaming, with her name (the number of times i've reset) displayed next to her... :)

That's actually a good idea...I might do that to once I actually do this. I have the max amount of villagers right now, so I have no plans of moving any out until I can get other things under control first.

Do you guys sometimes get to a certain number and are like 'wait, what number was I on?'

I'm normally pretty good at remembering what number I'm on, but it doesn't get very high anymore since I cover my town in patterns when I'm expcting a new villager

Usually, I just named them "Scout" or "Scoutie", but during my last run that took too long (Decided to use the little TT trick to move the paths), I just kept calling my character "Eve", just to speed the process.

I either put numbers so I can keep track how many resets I'd have or I just put one random letter because for the most part, I just tap everything moderately fast with my fingers without looking when going through Rover's dialogue.

I either put numbers so I can keep track how many resets I'd have or I just put one random letter because for the most part, I just tap everything moderately fast with my fingers without looking when going through Rover's dialogue.

Omg yes I'm glad I'm not the only one. Villagers talk so much. I literally keep pressing "A" every time a dialogue comes in. Lol

I number mine. Today I reached number nine and there Kidd was, in one of my planned villager spots.

Peter. He's the last resident I want in my town but I keep deleting him for plot resetting purposes.

I used to just put a random letter just to fill in so I could go fast but I really like the number idea! Whenever I get my amiibo cards from Amazon I'm gonna be plot resetting the villagers so I think I'll try that. It's a good idea

Hahaha. Mine usually ends up being "x" or "t" or "j" or "." or if I'm really really mad, ",." There are times though when I've created 2nd residents (so using a proper name and getting the correct face) while doing plot resets.

I just randomly tap the screen and enter in whatever digit/letter/symbol was put in xD

I used to have a list of 20 names (Justin, Rebecca, etc.) that I'd cycle through because I used to keep the character for a while afterwards and didn't want a character with a gibberish name, but now I usually just type a single letter because I just delete the characters now. The number idea is pretty good, though, although I often write down what happens on each reset anyway.

Back